Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    That's a good perspective. OK, not idiots.
    Now Cersei's kids.......................... they're idiots lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    A must watch IMO. They really did do a phoenominal job with "The Battle of the Bastards".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    That was good. Must admit I liked the smile when it happened.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't know if I've ever been as satisfied over the death of a television character as I was over the death of Ramsay Bolton. Kudos have to be given to the actor who played him as he did an excellent job. Even the Mereen scenes didn't offend me.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Good thing for that Argonauts game tomorrow and the rest of the CFL schedule this weekend, because I'm getting anxious about the finale already..................... Tower of Joy part 2.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Not a bad thing to say about last nights episode

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Amazing episode overall. Only complaints I have were #1. Arya didn't get enough screen time and #2. The timeline was confusing - Varys was in Dorne then with the Queen's fleet pretty quickly, it took Bran a long time to get to the Wall, Arya got to Westros pretty quickly, etc.

Loads of positives though.
    - Cersei's annihilation of her enemies was brilliant and expected, but I didn't expect Tommen to bite the dust the way he did.
    - Loved the Jamie scenes. The Walder Frey scene was great and the look he (Jamie) gave Cersei was brilliant - clearly he's not okay and knows what's about to come.
    - Dany and Tyrion scene was one of the best scenes I have seen on television.
    - Arya getting her revenge for all the Starks was bone chilling.
    - Tower of freaking Joy Part 2! While expected it was still great to see, and the transition to Jon was well done. Anyone else notice the "bleeding star" ?
    - The King in the North scene was pretty much parallel to Robb's, but very important to the overall story.
    - The EP's and casting director did a phenomenal job of hiring Bella Ramsey to portray Lyanna Mormont. She really is a scene stealer (in a good way).
    - Sansa and Littlefinger's scene was creepy, but it flowed with the story. Sansa is clearly playing the game, but seems to be conflicted with Jon; maybe when she finds out his name............... things will change.
    - Sam and the library. The Library was absolutely stunning.
    - Olenna, "Barbaro" and the Sand Snakes lol
    - The musical score throughout the finale.
    Last edited by R.J; 06-28-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Amazing episode overall. Only complaints I have were #1. Arya didn't get enough screen time and #2. The timeline was confusing - Varys was in Dorne then with the Queen's fleet pretty quickly, it took Bran a long time to get to the Wall, Arya got to Westros pretty quickly, etc.

Loads of positives though.
    - Cersei's annihilation of her enemies was brilliant and expected, but I didn't expect Tommen to bite the dust the way he did.
    - Loved the Jamie scenes. The Walder Frey scene was great and the look he (Jamie) gave Cersei was brilliant - clearly he's not okay and knows what's about to come.
    - Dany and Tyrion scene was one of the best scenes I have seen on television.
    - Arya getting her revenge for all the Starks was bone chilling.
    - Tower of freaking Joy Part 2! While expected it was still great to see, and the transition to Jon was well done. Anyone else notice the "bleeding star" ?
    - The King in the North scene was pretty much parallel to Robb's, but very important to the overall story.
    - The EP's and casting director did a phenomenal job of hiring Bella Ramsey to portray Lyanna Mormont. She really is a scene stealer (in a good way).
    - Sansa and Littlefinger's scene was creepy, but it flowed with the story. Sansa is clearly playing the game, but seems to be conflicted with Jon; maybe when she finds out his name............... things will change.
    - Sam and the library. The Library was absolutely stunning.
    - Olenna, "Barbaro" and the Sand Snakes lol
    - The musical score throughout the finale.
    I had read the spoilers and Tommen's death had been leaked. Qyburn has his "children of the corn" was really creepy and well done. I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei at some point because of what she did (incest or no incest), he killed the Mad King for thinking of "burning them all" and in the meantime Cersei has gone ahead and "burned them all."
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I had read the spoilers and Tommen's death had been leaked. Qyburn has his "children of the corn" was really creepy and well done. I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei at some point because of what she did (incest or no incest), he killed the Mad King for thinking of "burning them all" and in the meantime Cersei has gone ahead and "burned them all."
    Yeah, I tried to avoid spoilers as much as I could this year, so it really did surprise me, not as it was happening obviously, but I wouldn't have predicted it. Qyburn and the child were creepy, but I'm glad Pycelle bit the dust lol. Jamie is the reason that Cersei knew about the wildfire, so I do wonder if he also feels shame for what Cersei did. I don't expect Cersei to live in the end as the witch foretold what will happen to Cersei (who believed Margery was the younger Queen foretold). I could see it being Jamie who kills her................... but I don't want to be too spoilery. Dun, dun, duuunnnn!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I think the Mad King's version of burn them all was different than Cersei's. She knew they were going to execute her as a powerplay to take full power. She limited the damage to the enemies of state.

I liked how
    Cersei wasn't broken up over the King killing himself. Little bastard turned on her already and deserved his fate. Now she lives by the adage ... if you want something done right ...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Cersei knew all her kids would die before her though, and it looks like she just doesn't care anymore. She has one thing left fueling her now - lust for power.

I couldn't get enough of the episode; I think I may have to watch it again lol. I waited 9 years for the Tower of Joy and it didn't disappoint. Actually it gave me just a little more (bleeding star in part 1&2 and lightbringer). Even the musical score, which for some reason I never truly appreciated until this season has been brilliant. This season is probably my favourite overall.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    That Tower of Joy was interesting. Having not read the books I wondered what you were so looking out for. If I understood it correctly ... Jon Snow is way bigger part of this story than I thought.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    That Tower of Joy was interesting. Having not read the books I wondered what you were so looking out for. If I understood it correctly ... Jon Snow is way bigger part of this story than I thought.
    Yup. Essentially I was looking for confirmation as to who Jon Snow really is. There's a lot more to it though, so for anyone reading this that doesn't want to get spoiled; I'd suggest not reading the rest of my post.

The novel series written by George R.R. Martin is called "A Song of Ice & Fire", which is a big hint as to who Jon Snow really is. The Tower of Joy wasn't mentioned by name in the show, but the books bring it up a couple of times. One of the biggest questions around the show and books is "who are Jon Snow's parents ?". The biggest reasoning behind this is that Ned never actually says that Jon is his son, just that he's of his blood. At the cross roads where Ned and Jon go separate ways Jon asks Ned about his mother and Ned's reply is that the next time they see each other he'll tell Jon of his mother. So even that leads to a question - why Ned want Jon to "say the words" of the Night Watch ? If he's Ned's Bastard it wouldn't have mattered.................. Unless of course he isn't Ned's bastard. In the beginning we're lead to believe that Rhaegar kidnaps and rapes Lyanna, which leads to the war; however, Oberyn's conversation with Tyrion gives a hint of something different. Oberyn tells Tyrion that the last time he was in King's Landing that there was a tournament at Harrenhall and that Rhaegar "ran off" with another women. Barristan Selmy tells Daenerys her brother was a good man and loved singing not fighting. Ser Barristan also acknowledges that Rhaegar would have made a good king. Dany also has a vision of Rhaegar dying and whispers Lyanna's name before he dies; which is a another hint that Rhaegar didn't kidnap and rape Lyanna, but that he loved her.

In the books Lyanna is hesitant to marry Robert (her betrothed) because she knew what he was - a whoring drunk. What is also mentioned in the books that Rhaegar married Elia Martell because of an arrangement; however Elia becomes barren after giving birth to Aegon (their second child - first was a girl name Rhaenys). Rhaegar then says "There must be another. The Dragon has three heads". In the books Dany has a vision of this and Rhaegar singing the song of ice & fire - in the show Dany see's the throne room full of snow, a blue flower and when she leaves the throne room she's "transported" to the wall, so yet another big clue.

Rhaegar and his father the Mad King did not see eye to eye and one of the reasons Aerys was so paranoid was because he thought even his sons would be after the throne. Which is true, because Rhaegar thought his father was a terrible King and if he won the war - Rhaegar promised that "things would change". Rhaegar is also big on prophecies as he initially thought it was he who was the "Prince that was Promised", but eventually realizes that he is not and that it's one of his children who will be. Rhaegar believes it to be Aegon due to the comet he sees prior to Aegon birth. Part of the prophecy is that a "bleeding star" will proceed the Prince that was promised/Azor Ahai reborn. This bit was very interesting to me, because we get to see it when Jon is born, not a comet but the sword that Ned takes with him to see Lyanna. The sword is known as Dawn and is said to have been made from a fallen star; it is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne. The wielder of the sword is known as "Sword of Morning". The sword has blood on it when Ned takes it up the Tower of Joy, so it could be seen as part of the prophecy. Another thing worth mentioning it that Ser Arthur Dayne wasn't just part of Rhaegar's Royal Guard, but also his best friend and the greatest swordsman at the time............ So why would Rhaegar ask Arthur to protect the Tower and what's inside; instead of going with Rhaegar to fight ?

Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Not sure yet if Jon is legitimate or not, but the Targaryens did practice polygamy in the past. Even if Jon is a bastard it really isn't that big of a deal as Dany could legitimize him. Dany is one head of the Dragon and the "true dragon"; hence why she is immune to fire. Jon isn't immune to fire and has "Stark abilities" (warging), but that shouldn't stop him from being able to ride a dragon since he is of dragon blood. Azor Ahai seems to be more than one person as Jon is the song of ice & fire, who is thought will bring balance back to realm and a bleeding star proceeds his birth. Dany however is the one who awoke the "stone dragons" and was born on Dragonstone.

Essentially now there's two questions left when it comes to Jon. #1. Is Jon legitimate ? and #2. Jon's name I suppose. I think it'll end up being Jaehaerys; which would make a lot of sense. Jaehaerys I is considered the best king to ever rule the Seven Kingdoms; his rule brought peace, stability and justice to the realm. Another thing worth mentioning is that Jaehaerys' wife Alysanne was his most trusted counselor and she was so moved by the bravery of the Night's Watch that she convinced her husband to double the Night's Watch in terms of land, castles and men. So if Jon's name really is Jaehaerys; it would link him even more with the wall and the North.

There's more to it, but I can't remember it all right now, so hopefully it helps. Apologies to anyone who was spoiled, but I did warn yeah.
    Last edited by R.J; 06-29-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    HBO Confirms seasons 7 and 8. According to David and Dan (the EP's and Showrunners) there will be 13-15 episodes split between the two seasons.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    So Ron, I take it you understand how important Jon is now ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes. Should be fun.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    So, I've been rewatching Game of Thrones from Season 1 and completely forgot about a foreshadow. In season three; when Sam and Gilly are close to the Wall and Sam tries to explain to Gilly about the Wall and some of the Castles, Sam brings up the name Jaehaerys I. Seemed like nothing when I originally saw it lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Samuel L Jackson baby!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements: