Quote Originally Posted by jojoheath View Post
I am not a proponent of someone having to speak French to get a job in pro sports, but in Quebec it matters. You can bet if Jacques has any success this year, he will be named head coach next year. Huge win from a public relations standpoint, and the Als need it.

Have to agree - it would help in the Quebec pro sports scene to have a HC or others on the staff who can speak French - if only for PR.

We'll see how Chapdelaine does the rest of this season - still time to rally the troops to win the ultra mediocre East this year ? And if he does well, maybe he will get named HC (without the interim) - anything would be better than Poop who is clueless as a HC; though a lot of the BC fan forum did NOT like Chappy when he was their OC; but he is only going to run same old, standard, basic, simple CFL offence - with an inexperienced coach of an OC in AC.

I wonder if the Garden Gnome Danny Macocia is going to get another CFL call ? - didn\t think much of him as an HC with the Esks (but hey - won a GC !); but he has built the Montreal Carabins into a CIS football powerhouse - 2 straight Vanier trips and looking strong again (inspite of losing lots of star players from those Vanier years).

Poop punted out of town; new local owners would be ideal IMO. New GM ? Chappy as HC - names Macocia as DC (Thorpe moves on, and maybe best Calvillo does too) - 2 French speaking but very experienced Canadian football guys running the Als (and they could maybe hire some quality coaches from the Laval or Carabins staffs - i believe ex-Esk fullback/Laval QB Matt Bertrand is coaching there for example) - might be a nice fresh change for Montreal football after years and years of deep in Poop there, and some lagging CFL interest maybe. No more need to sign Michael Sam or Ochocinco or other washed-up/has-been over-rated ex all-American/NFL heroes; maybe sign or draft some more young Quebec football talent instead (they have some already - might not hurt to add a few more).