Duron discusses what happened to him in the NFL.

Duron Carter is back in the CFL for a simple reason: To play football.
The son of Pro Football Hall of Famer Cris Carter spent last season on the practice roster of the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts. Carter says while he enjoyed his time in Indianapolis — and the challenge of facing Pro Bowl cornerback Vontae Davis daily — he rejoined the Montreal Alouettes to be more than a practice player.
“I loved Indy, they gave me a great opportunity and I learned a lot,” said Carter, in town recently to participate in a CFL promotional photo shoot. “They just had a different plan for me than I wanted.
“There was a lot of politics and everything that I didn’t realize existed. I just wanted to play football and Montreal allows me to do that.”
The six-foot-five, 220-pound Carter began his pro career in Montreal in 2013, amassing 124 catches for 1,939 yards and 12 TDs over two seasons. He had 75 receptions for 1,030 yards and seven TDs his final season before signing a three-year, US$1.575-million deal with Indianapolis, although just $25,000 was guaranteed and there was no signing bonus.
Carter finished the pre-season with nine catches for 126 yards but landed on the practice roster. He became a free agent in January when Indianapolis didn’t offer him a future contract.
“In practice, I was taking a lot of the earlier reps, the first-team reps, and then when we got to pre-season it seemed like I was being sort of held back,” Carter said. “The Colts didn’t have anything against me or anything, they just felt I was a future plan.
“It wasn’t my time, I guess.”
http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...lping-team-win