Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    From the same article.
    In off-field news, Als president Mark Weightman said the team has sold slightly more than 11,000 season tickets. While that’s a decrease of about 1,000, he said he doesn’t expect overall attendance to suffer a significant drop. He said sponsorship has increased by 13 per cent, with the organization anticipating a 25-per-cent improvement on its 2015 total.
    Montreal has to be a concern for the League - 8 years ago they had over 18,000 STH and lead the league in corporate sponsorship.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    From the same article.

Montreal has to be a concern for the League - 8 years ago they had over 18,000 STH and lead the league in corporate sponsorship.
    Did they really have 18k STH? I don't recall ever hearing exactly what they had in terms of season ticket holders until they released yesterday's numbers. I do recall that their corporate sponsorship dropped off substantially at one time and at least that seems to be trending upwards again.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Did they really have 18k STH? I don't recall ever hearing exactly what they had in terms of season ticket holders until they released yesterday's numbers. I do recall that their corporate sponsorship dropped off substantially at one time and at least that seems to be trending upwards again.
    The old url doesn't work, but i found this.
    http://www.riderfans.com/forum/archi...t-107299.html?
    Corporate sponsorship, which totalled more than $6 million as recently as the 2007 season, now hovers at about $2.5 million. Major sponsors, including Subway, Nissan and Discount, have deserted the team. Companies were paying $150,000 each to have their logos painted on the field at Molson Stadium, but Lalonde decided those markings cluttered the field unnecessarily.

Season-ticket sales once were in the 18,000 range, higher when including corporate tickets. Today, they’re slightly over 14,000.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    From the same article.

I've been saying this for a few years, and some laughed at it. Including Calvillo's last year, IMO the Als have trended down since. Montreal and Vancouver are now the trouble spots for the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    I've been saying this for a few years, and some laughed at it. Including Calvillo's last year, IMO the Als have trended down since. Montreal and Vancouver are now the trouble spots for the CFL.
    I agree that Montreal and BC are currently the big trouble spots, but a watchful eye still has to overlook Toronto.