Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
All kidding aside, this is certainly true: young kicker + big leg + great rookie season = second chance. Historically, most (virtually all?) kickers in any football league seem to hit a psychological roadblock at one time or another. AFAIK, Bede isn't otherwise injured.
I completely agree. When you think of any of the great kickers in this league, it seems like they hit a slump at some point early in their career - usually after an excellent rookie season - before getting back on track. Dave Ridgway is one such kicker who comes to mind. Bede has a great leg and will eventually return to form if given the chance.

One of the things working against keeping Bede in the lineup to do only some of the kicking duties is that he is considered to be an import or international. Under the old rules, Bede would have non-import status as he never played organized football in the U.S. The same holds true for the Dutch player that the Lions have - Boldewijn (sp?). I believe that Josh Bartel, because he came into the league under the old rules, is still considered to be a non-import (i.e. grandfathered).