GM Kavis Reed has brought in former Rider HC, who previously helped in Durant's development, in order to try to improve his performance.

In their seemingly never-ending quest to get Darian Durant to perform to his capabilities, the Alouettes are hoping a friendly and familiar voice, and face, might provide the solution with time running out on their Canadian Football League season.
But former Saskatchewan head coach Ken Miller, whose hiring as an offensive consultant was announced on Sunday, said he doesn’t have a magic powder. “Hopefully, I can work with him a little bit and help him regain the confidence and performance level he has experienced in the past,” Miller said following Wednesday’s practice — his and the team’s first full workout following Sunday’s loss against Ottawa. “The fact he has struggled is part of the problem. I hope I have some influence on that,” said Miller, who turns 76 on Oct. 15. “It would be great if we could get Darian to play up to his potential the way he has played in the past. And exceed that.”
Miller was the Roughriders’ head coach from 2008 to 2010, guiding the team to a 32-21-1 record. He remained vice-president (football operations) after handing the coaching reigns to Greg Marshall in 2011. But when the Riders lost seven of their initial eight games, Marshall was fired and replaced by Miller with 10 games remaining. Saskatchewan went 4-6 and Miller resigned. ...
Reed was instrumental in bringing Miller back to the league, specifically to work with Durant and new offensive coordinator Anthony Calvillo, while trying to jump-start the Als’ anemic offence, held to 23 touchdowns through 12 games along with an average 18.3 points, ahead of only Hamilton in both categories. ...
“I’ve seen him hold the ball a little too long. Maybe he doesn’t have a lot of confidence in his decision-making, so he holds the ball, gets sacked and his fundamentals break down a little bit. I’ve talked to him about fundamentals and confidence, being able to anticipate and getting the ball out on time. Make those good decisions.”
http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...-back-on-track