Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Montreal has extended Olafioye for three years through 2019 helping ensure they keep arguably the leagues best OL during his prime.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017...ovan-olafioye/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It looks like SJ Green will be back this year from what looked like a possible career-endng injury last year.

When the doctors told S.J. Green he may never play football again, at first he believed it. Then, the 11-year veteran simply refused to allow it to happen.
    “When you hear those types of things it’s devastating,” said Green. “It puts you in a state of mind to like, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to get back to who I was before.
    “But that was also my motivation to try to get back to who I was. I’ve been busting my ass to try to get to that point.”
    Eight months into his timeline and S.J. Green has almost reached that point. The 31-year-old says he’s planning on being cleared for training camp at the end of May, well ahead of the team’s season-opening game on June 22 vs. Saskatchewan.
    Green suffered a catastrophic knee injury on June 30 last year, tearing his ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus on the same play during a Week 2 matchup with the Ottawa REDBLACKS. He went under the knife a month later.
    While only surgery could repair the ACL, the meniscus only needed to be shaved down and the MCL healed itself before surgery. The PCL, meanwhile, was in the same state it had been in since 2012, when Green sprained it in a game against the Ticats — he’s played on it ever since without issue.

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/04/08/comebac...red-s-j-green/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Even though the Als have acquired perennial All-Star Jovan Olafioye, lots of questions remain about their OL that led the league in sacks last year.

General manager Kavis Reed has made it clear that the team will be moving from two Canadian tackles to two American tackles for the first time in over a decade.
    Montreal acquired Brian Simmons from Hamilton for defensive back Ethan Davis, and yesterday, they landed All-Star tackle Jovan Olafioye from the B.C. Lions. ...
    But even with the tackle picture becoming clearer, there are still plenty of questions surrounding the Als’ offensive line heading into 2017. ...
    –What happens to Jacob Ruby?
    Ruby only suited up in one game during his rookie season in 2015, but he played in 17 games in 2016 (mostly at left tackle). He struggled in his first full year, but he’s still just a 25-year-old Canadian with size (6-foot-7, 315 pounds) and potential. If the Als were to release him, he’d get scooped up pretty quickly, so that doesn’t seem like the smartest option. Maybe they can get something for him in a trade, but assuming they don’t go that route, what are the other options? He’s still on his rookie deal, which makes his cap hit affordable, so if there’s no room for him to be a starter in 2017, he could either move to guard or serve as the sixth lineman.
    –Can Luc Brodeur-Jourdain become a full-time starter again?
    The 34-year-old was limited to 12 games in mostly a backup role last season after he tore his ACL and MCL near the end of the 2015 season. Brodeur-Jourdain got a few snaps at centre in 2016, but he served as the team’s sixth lineman. Kristian Matte moved from guard to centre, which is a role he wasn’t as familiar with before last season. If Brodeur-Jourdain can get healthy enough to become a start again, it would mean that Matte could go back to his regular role as a guard.
    That would leave one starting job for Philip Blake or Philippe Gagnon (both Nationals).
    –So, Blake or Gagnon?
    If Brodeur-Jourdain is healthy and Matte goes back to guard, which one of Blake or Gagnon would be likeliest to start at right guard? There was a lot of hype surrounding Blake when he arrived from the NFL two seasons ago. He’s suited up in every game in 2015 and 2016, and he’s played both tackle and guard. The fact that he’s versatile enough to play both positions is good for his chances of having a role on the team, but his high salary means that he’ll need to start to stay on the roster. Keeping a six-figure backup won’t be an option for Montreal (or any other CFL team). The Als invested the third overall pick in last year’s draft in Gagnon, and the selection paid dividends immediately. He was able to start from day one, which is rare for a player coming out of U Sports (formerly CIS) and he played in every game.
    If it comes down to Gagnon vs. Blake, I have a hard time envisioning Montreal going away from Gagnon.
    http://3downnation.com/2017/04/06/st...ffensive-line/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The following article discusses likely plot lines for the Als mini camp this week include: Durant working with his new offensive team; whether SJ Green is ready to return from injury; and ratio changes along the DL and OL with the addition of International; Olafioye, and Nationals Keith Shologan and Jabar Western, as well as the addition of Plesius; and, last but not least, the setting of anew tone under new new management and coaching.

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/04/09/stories...pen-mini-camp/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here's the Day 1 report from the Als' Spring Camp.

Veteran quarterback Darian Durant was able to throw his first passes while donning an Alouettes jersey on Monday and he greatly appreciates what he sees of his new team.
    “I felt good out there today wearing my new colours”, said Durant following practice. “I love my new team as well as my new teammates, who have accepted me with open arms. I truly like the team that Jacques and Kavis have put together.”
    Three times during practice, Durant connected with rookie receiver Danny Anthrop. The latter made without a doubt the catch of the day when he caught a 50-yard bomb from Durant while in triple coverage.
    Rapid fireNew Special Teams Coordinator Bruce Read also had the chance to install new plays with the players during this first practice… Defensive back Jonathon Mincy, who excelled during his first season in 2016, continued his great work on Monday as he intercepted a pass during practice… Fullback Jean-Samuel Blanc made quite a catch during practice, which got all of his teammates to cheer him on.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017...-report-day-1/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Als' Vero Beach tryout camp has resulted in the addition of three players: LB Keith Pough; DE Erik Williams and WR Marcel Caver.

Pough (6’2″, 236 lbs.) amassed 349 tackles, 83 tackles for losses, 17 sacks and nine knockdowns in 44 games with the Howard University Bison. The 27-year-old earned all-conference honours in 2009 and 2011. His 83 career tackles for losses were the best in FCS history when he completed his collegiate career. The Orangesburg, SC native also went to training camp with the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns. ...
    Williams (6’3″, 270 lbs.) played 32 games during the four seasons he suited up for the Bethune-Cookman University Wildcats. The 25-year-old from Plantation, FL then went on to sign with the Buffalo Bills. ...
    Caver (6’3″, 185 lbs.) played for the Youngstown State University Penguins, prior to transferring to Winston-Salem State University, where the 23-year-old receiver caught 40 passes good for 578 yards and two touchdowns during his senior year with the Rams.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017...hree-roster-2/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Day 2 of the Als spring training camp summary:

The Montreal Alouettes are taking full advantage of their time in Florida to polish up on their plays, as the players took part in two practices at Historic Dogertown on Tuesday, during the team’s second day of Spring Camp.
    One player who is always happy as soon as he sets foot on the football field is linebacker Bear Woods, whose good humour and great spirits are contagious.
    “It’s always great to be back with the teammates and it feels good to be out there with them. All the changes that I’ve seen are good and I’m excited about my new teammates,” said Woods, who is practicing in his home state.
    Plesius back at homeFor linebacker Frédéric Plesius, wearing an Alouettes uniform represents something special, as he can now suit up for the team he grew up watching.
    “It’s a very special feeling for me as I’m coming back at home and will have the opportunity to play in front of my family. I am blessed to be here. It adds pressure in me, but I accept that. I am very excited about this upcoming season,” declared the former Laval Rouge et Or standout, who played in Hamilton the last three seasons.
    “Noel Thorpe’s group is very special. Playing in that defence requires discipline and that is why it has been so surprising year after year. I really like what they do on that unit to bother the quarterback,” added Plesius.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017...-report-day-2/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Below is the day 3 summary of the Als spring camp.

The Montreal Alouettes concluded their three-day Spring Camp on Wednesday, when the close to 60 players on site took part in their last practice on Florida soil in the morning.
    Spirits were high as players were teaming up to get better, even during the most competitive portions of practice.
    “It was a great opportunity for us to familiarize ourselves with new players such as Ernest Jackson and Darian Durant. We were also able to work on the playbook and get a head start on it. It was good that we had our first practices with opposition since the end of last season,” said the former Université de Sherbrooke Vert et Or receiver, who made many nice catches during his time in Vero Beach.
    Getting up close with the players

Now in his fourth year on the Alouettes coaching staff, André Bolduc will be in charge of the running backs in 2017. According to him, the three days of Spring Camp will have been as beneficial as much on the field as off the field.
    “It was important for us to create some chemistry, on top of instituting the new playbook so that players learn where to line up on the field, all while getting reps with our new quarterback Darian Durant, as well as Vernon Adams. It was nice to see those two work together,” explained the former Alouettes slotback.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017...-report-day-3/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Als have released 10 International players including:

Marcel Caver, (I), WR, Winston-Salem State
    Desmond Cooper, (I), DB, UNC Charlotte
    Reuben Frank, (I), DL, Connecticut
    Connor Halliday, (I), QB, Washington State
    Greg McGhee, (I), QB, Howard
    Andrew Opoku, (I), WR, Delaware
    Keith Pough, (I), LB, Howard
    Kenneth Scott, (I), WR, Utah
    LaVance Taylor, (I), DB, Central Missouri
    Erik Williams, (I), DE, Bethune-Cookman
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017...ransactions-6/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Martese Jackson is a 5'5" 171 lb RB/KR who was at Bomber TC last year, but didn't make the team who has signed with the Als after playing for Florida Atlantic. His record suggests he will be TC fodder again this year.

Jackson played for FAU from 2012 to 2014, and appeared in 21 games. He rushed for 283 yards on 71 carries and scored once. In his first game as an Owl, Jackson totaled 99 yards on 21 carries in a win over Wagner.
    His carries also dipped from 48 in 2012 to nine in 2013 and 14 in 2014. ...“You know that’s one of the knocks,” Jackson said of his size. “And then I didn’t have that much productivity at FAU. I didn’t play that much. I didn’t have that much film.”
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...414-story.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Montreal has signed National receiver Devon Bailey.

With training camp barely more than a month away, first-year Alouettes general manager Kavis Reed continues tinkering with his roster.
    The latest addition is Devon Bailey, a free-agent Canadian wide receiver who has signed a one-year contract with the Als, the Montreal Gazette has learned.
    The 6-foot-5, 202-pound Bailey was selected in the first round (sixth overall) by the Edmonton Eskimos in 2014 after playing at St. Francis-Xavier University.
    In three seasons with the Esks, the 25-year-old caught 33 passes for 469 yards and two touchdowns in 39 games. But Bailey also has been plagued by injuries and appeared slow to recover from his various maladies.
    Bailey, a free agent since February, had been negotiating with Edmonton and Montreal. But when the Esks recently fired general manager Ed Hervey, the West Division team fell out of contention for his services.

Bailey is expected to earn a base salary of $84,000 from the Als and could receive a bonus based on playing time.
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...r-devon-bailey

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Darian Durant discusses his offseason and the upcoming season including his opening game as an Alouette against the Riders in the video below.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Kavis Reed doing some promoting of an upcoming free agent camp in Vermont on the local ESPN radio station. I've always liked Kavis. Very humble, and all around good guy.

http://www.1013espn.com/montreal-alo...ay-13th-audio/
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Montreal has extended 9 year Alouette long snapper veteran Martin Bedard.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Nik Lewis discusses his preparation for the upcoming season below.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Montreal has completed a trade with the Tiger Cats involving roster players and draft choices. The Als also made several cuts.

The Montreal Alouettes announced on Monday that the club has acquired international defensive end Denzell Perine as well as international running back Cierre Wood from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, in exchange for defensive back Khalid Wooten. The Alouettes also acquired the Tiger-Cats fifth (39th overall) and sixth (48th overall) round picks for this upcoming CFL Canadian Draft in exchange for Montreal’s fifth (38th overall) and sixth (47th overall) round picks.
    Perine (6’2″, 250 lbs.) spent time on the Tiger-Cats practice roster in 2016. The 23-year-old attended the Minnesota Vikings training camp prior to that and suited up in three preseason games. The Mobile, AL native played 47 games over five seasons (2011-15) for the Florida International University Panthers, recording 119 tackles, 22 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, five passes defended, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
    Wood (5’11”, 226 lbs.) appeared in five NFL games throughout his career, including two with the Buffalo Bills in 2015 and three with the Houston Texans in 2013, totalling five carries for 12 yards. The Bloomington, CA native also spent time in the NFL with the New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens and Seattle Seahawks. From 2009 to 2012, Wood played 37 games for the University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish, recording 450 carries for 2,447 yards and 16 touchdowns, while adding 52 receptions for 384 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
    The team also announced that the following players were released:
    Kwame Adjei (N), LB, Mount Allison
    Anthony Coady (N), DB, Montréal
    Martese Jackson (I), RB, Florida Atlantic
    Christopher Johnson (N), LB, Toronto
    Jared Koster (I), LB, New Mexico Highlands
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017...od-tiger-cats/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ernest Jackson discusses his offseason and the upcoming 2017 year below.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level