Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Pretty much so, yes. Why you following me on twitter? That’s borderline stalking.
    ???
    You've called me that on here.

Better question is, why are you talking about me on twitter ? Seems like my words have a profound effect on you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    ???
    You've called me that on here.

Better question is, why are you talking about me on twitter ? Seems like my words have a profound effect on you.
    Oops.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Nik Lewis's description of the team toxic environment tells you what at least part of the problem in Montreal is, although he may have his own bias because, from his perspective, Reed supported him but Chapdelaine did not.

Nik Lewis said the Alouettes’ new head coach must build a trust factor with the players he inherits. From the releases of Bear Woods, Jovon Johnson, Donald Unamba, Ryan Phillips and, even dating back to 2016, Duron Carter, the players’ trust in management was lost following a series of personnel moves.
    “It almost felt like certain people didn’t want us to win,” Lewis told the Montreal Gazette on Monday, as frank and outspoken as ever. “When attitudes and egos change, it changes the culture.When you have people in place and coaches not wanting certain players …”
    Lewis didn’t name names. Then again, that wasn’t required. It was clear from his comments he was referring to former head coach and offensive coordinator Jacques Chapdelaine along with defensive coordinator Noel Thorpe. Both were fired in mid-September, with the Als at 3-8. They completed the season with a 3-15 record, losing a record 11 consecutive games.

While many have been quick to blame general manager Kavis Reed for the Als’ plight, Lewis said more players would have been released — himself included — had Reed not fought for them.
    “I was told in Week 3 that I wasn’t really wanted,” Lewis said. “My job isn’t to throw people under the bus, say things or demean people. What I was told and was known — and I was told by that person, it wasn’t hearsay — there were a handful of guys who weren’t wanted on our team.”
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...ed-on-our-team

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Nik Lewis's description of the team toxic environment tells you what at least part of the problem in Montreal is, although he may have his own bias because, from his perspective, Reed supported him but Chapdelaine did not.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...ed-on-our-team
    Chapdelaine was right in this case. I've mentioned many times that Lewis became a totally useless piece that was only still in the league because of his past history. I watched him closely run (walk?) 3 yards and turn around over and over again. He would make the occasional spectacular looking high hurdle, but overall did nothing to help the other receivers get open, essentially having extra players cover the remaining receivers because nobody worries about him. His under 9 yard average is as bad as it gets for a SB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Chapdelaine was right in this case. I've mentioned many times that Lewis became a totally useless piece that was only still in the league because of his past history. I watched him closely run (walk?) 3 yards and turn around over and over again. He would make the occasional spectacular looking high hurdle, but overall did nothing to help the other receivers get open, essentially having extra players cover the remaining receivers because nobody worries about him. His under 9 yard average is as bad as it gets for a SB.
    Chaps was also the guy who pushed to get Durant over there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...2017-1.4395663

I hope this leads to Montreal hosting a Grey Cup soon, I think they could use one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

I wouldn't call a guy who still catches pretty well everything thrown his way (plus makes some very tough catches) and who can still run over small defenders, "useless"; you could argue that Lewis being replaced by a much faster young receiver as an everydown slotback might make sense, but they would still have to find one of those and they can't seem to find any real good receivers for their offence (Earnest Jackson bombing there is a head scratcher; and they still deploy the mediocre Giguere). Declan Cross doesn't scare any defenders with his speed and route running, but he can still be a force or good factor on the Argo offence when they get him the ball some out of H-back, plus he can flatten LBs or DBs with his blocking - diversity is huge & under-rated in football/offence IMO. I'll take one big body, bruising, strong hands slotback in my CFL offence, rather than 3 smaller, faster guys who have iffy hands or are afraid of traffic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I wouldn't call a guy who still catches pretty well everything thrown his way (plus makes some very tough catches) and who can still run over small defenders, "useless"; you could argue that Lewis being replaced by a much faster young receiver as an everydown slotback might make sense, but they would still have to find one of those and they can't seem to find any real good receivers for their offence (Earnest Jackson bombing there is a head scratcher; and they still deploy the mediocre Giguere). Declan Cross doesn't scare any defenders with his speed and route running, but he can still be a force or good factor on the Argo offence when they get him the ball some out of H-back, plus he can flatten LBs or DBs with his blocking - diversity is huge & under-rated in football/offence IMO. I'll take one big body, bruising, strong hands slotback in my CFL offence, rather than 3 smaller, faster guys who have iffy hands or are afraid of traffic.
    I respectfully disagree. Cross is not a good comparison IMO, as they play completely different positions. And as a FB, he averaged more yards per catch than Lewis. Has underated speed too. Actually turned short passes into big gains. When was the last time Lewis did that. In my eyes, it's plain and simple, Lewis hung around well past a time where he was an effective player just to get the record for receptions. Had Chapedelaine been allowed to chose his talent and cut Lewis, I am fairly certain nobody would have signed him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Chaps was also the guy who pushed to get Durant over there.
    MAybe, but I bet the Als would have signed him with or without Chaps there. I think Reed loved the idea of getting Durant.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    MAybe, but I bet the Als would have signed him with or without Chaps there. I think Reed loved the idea of getting Durant.
    You may be right. I still don't comprehend how Kavis not only got the job, but it looks as though he'll get another season there.

I for one really wish the Molsons or Saputo's would buy the Als, because I think the Wetenhall's (Andrew more specifically now) are going to destroy that Organization.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You may be right. I still don't comprehend how Kavis not only got the job, but it looks as though he'll get another season there.

I for one really wish the Molsons or Saputo's would buy the Als, because I think the Wetenhall's (Andrew more specifically now) are going to destroy that Organization.
    This is something we actually agree on.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I really don't think that Kavis had nothing to do with the acquisition of Durant, and yes the Wettenhalls may very well be the cause of much of the pain.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    While there is nothing wrong with individual components in Kavis Reed's 10 point plan to improve the Als, overall it looks like a list of worn-out cliches.

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/201...-10-step-plan/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    While there is nothing wrong with individual components in Kavis Reed's 10 point plan to improve the Als, overall it looks like a list of worn-out cliches.

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/201...-10-step-plan/
    He has a plan Jerry. He has a plan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    He has a plan Jerry. He has a plan.
    Kavis seems like one of those "Masters of BS", although the Wetenhalls and others who have hired him don't seem too bright, as they fall for it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Kavis seems like one of those "Masters of BS", although the Wetenhalls and others who have hired him don't seem too bright, as they fall for it.
    Kavis' "evaluation matrix" seems to be making All fans "tensor".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Province of Quebec oks $250 million for new Olympic Stadium roof. Man, that's a lot of money for a roof not located in Vancouver, B.C!

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4395663
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Province of Quebec oks $250 million for new Olympic Stadium roof. Man, that's a lot of money for a roof not located in Vancouver, B.C!

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4395663
    Went on a tour of the Big O just after the 1976 Olympics, cold concrete fishbowl with zero character.
    Quebec government throws good money after bad on this money pit.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Went on a tour of the Big O just after the 1976 Olympics, cold concrete fishbowl with zero character.
    Quebec government throws good money after bad on this money pit.
    At the end of 1976 I went across Canada by train and ended up sitting beside a girl whose boyfriend had worked on the Olympic Stadium. She described how cement trucks would enter the construction area from one side and leave through the other without dropping their load and be counted three times, before finally dropping their cement on the fourth pass. Workers were paid double to keep their mouths shut. Other costs were similarly inflated. Now you know why it cost $1.5 billion and 30 years to pay the bill off for such a cold concrete fishbowl.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    With Lapo signing an extension to stay in Winnipeg (signed early in 2017, why are we only hearing about this now ?), you can scratch one name off of Kavis' list for Head Coaching candidates.

Als are a mess, I didn't see Lapo going there, nor Benevides, Claybrooks, etc. So really, unless the team gets rid of Kavis, I suspect an outside the box type of hire.