Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Alouettes are certainly focusing on the Canadian QBs.

Is this bad news for Bridge? How many of those guys actually make it out of camp? 1?

I mean, what are the Als going to do with 7 QBs in training camp?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Duron discusses what happened to him in the NFL.

Duron Carter is back in the CFL for a simple reason: To play football.
    The son of Pro Football Hall of Famer Cris Carter spent last season on the practice roster of the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts. Carter says while he enjoyed his time in Indianapolis — and the challenge of facing Pro Bowl cornerback Vontae Davis daily — he rejoined the Montreal Alouettes to be more than a practice player.
    “I loved Indy, they gave me a great opportunity and I learned a lot,” said Carter, in town recently to participate in a CFL promotional photo shoot. “They just had a different plan for me than I wanted.
    “There was a lot of politics and everything that I didn’t realize existed. I just wanted to play football and Montreal allows me to do that.”
    The six-foot-five, 220-pound Carter began his pro career in Montreal in 2013, amassing 124 catches for 1,939 yards and 12 TDs over two seasons. He had 75 receptions for 1,030 yards and seven TDs his final season before signing a three-year, US$1.575-million deal with Indianapolis, although just $25,000 was guaranteed and there was no signing bonus.
    Carter finished the pre-season with nine catches for 126 yards but landed on the practice roster. He became a free agent in January when Indianapolis didn’t offer him a future contract.
    “In practice, I was taking a lot of the earlier reps, the first-team reps, and then when we got to pre-season it seemed like I was being sort of held back,” Carter said. “The Colts didn’t have anything against me or anything, they just felt I was a future plan.
    “It wasn’t my time, I guess.”
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...lping-team-win

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I'm not a big Kevin Glenn fan, but he is so often dumped on, I believe that he is underrated and will improve last year's woeful offence. He will also help develop the backups with his experience.

When a team loses 12 of 18 games and misses the playoffs — the Alouettes’ 2015 epitaph — it’s clear the ship has taken on water at various levels. While there might be numerous holes to fill, Montreal’s immediate mandate is finding a way to score more points.
    How simple that onerous task becomes remains to be determined, but general manager and head coach Jim Popp believes his team will take on new life now that it finally has a veteran quarterback — Kevin Glenn — heading into the season. Glenn was acquired from Saskatchewan at last year’s trade deadline and dressed for three games.
    “A lot of things go hand in hand. We’ve had several coaching changes, four offensive coordinators … a rotation of quarterbacks. That surely affects the capability of scoring points,” Popp said Tuesday, during a Canadian Football League-mandated conference call. “The tools are there. The consistency of putting points up has not been. We didn’t get the ball in the end zone, but when you’re playing eight different games with (various) quarterbacks, it’s difficult to do.
    The Als were limited to 388 points last season. Only Winnipeg, another non-playoff team, scored fewer. Even Saskatchewan, which went 3-15 without Darian Durant, produced 430 points.
    Offensively, the Als averaged 19.7 points in a league where Popp said a team requires 30 per game to win consistently. Montreal was last in passing yards in a league where a team must be successful in that category. The Als passed for only 24 touchdowns, adding 10 more rushing. To put that into perspective, Toronto passed for 37 touchdowns alone.
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...e-more-offence

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    From the same article.
    In off-field news, Als president Mark Weightman said the team has sold slightly more than 11,000 season tickets. While that’s a decrease of about 1,000, he said he doesn’t expect overall attendance to suffer a significant drop. He said sponsorship has increased by 13 per cent, with the organization anticipating a 25-per-cent improvement on its 2015 total.
    Montreal has to be a concern for the League - 8 years ago they had over 18,000 STH and lead the league in corporate sponsorship.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    From the same article.

Montreal has to be a concern for the League - 8 years ago they had over 18,000 STH and lead the league in corporate sponsorship.
    Did they really have 18k STH? I don't recall ever hearing exactly what they had in terms of season ticket holders until they released yesterday's numbers. I do recall that their corporate sponsorship dropped off substantially at one time and at least that seems to be trending upwards again.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Did they really have 18k STH? I don't recall ever hearing exactly what they had in terms of season ticket holders until they released yesterday's numbers. I do recall that their corporate sponsorship dropped off substantially at one time and at least that seems to be trending upwards again.
    The old url doesn't work, but i found this.
    http://www.riderfans.com/forum/archi...t-107299.html?
    Corporate sponsorship, which totalled more than $6 million as recently as the 2007 season, now hovers at about $2.5 million. Major sponsors, including Subway, Nissan and Discount, have deserted the team. Companies were paying $150,000 each to have their logos painted on the field at Molson Stadium, but Lalonde decided those markings cluttered the field unnecessarily.

Season-ticket sales once were in the 18,000 range, higher when including corporate tickets. Today, they’re slightly over 14,000.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    From the same article.

I've been saying this for a few years, and some laughed at it. Including Calvillo's last year, IMO the Als have trended down since. Montreal and Vancouver are now the trouble spots for the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    I've been saying this for a few years, and some laughed at it. Including Calvillo's last year, IMO the Als have trended down since. Montreal and Vancouver are now the trouble spots for the CFL.
    I agree that Montreal and BC are currently the big trouble spots, but a watchful eye still has to overlook Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Alouettes sign their top 3 picks.
    http://www.tsn.ca/als-sign-first-rou...agnon-1.495631

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Alouettes key hope for TC and the season is stability in all phases of operation.
    In 2016, stability will be the operative word for the Alouettes. “We have stability with our coaching staff and we also have an experienced quarterback. As well, over-and-above looking for impact players, experienced coaches and excellent draft choices, Jim did a great job keeping the core of the team intact. Jim did everything possible to ensure that our loyal fanbase will be happier this year,” said the president and chief executive officer of the Alouettes. ...
    Regarding season ticket holders, Weightman and his staff are pleased with the numbers: “We exceeded 11,000 season ticket holders and this number continues to grow. We are very happy and grateful to have such a passionate fanbase who come to the games regardless of weather conditions to cheer the team on,” he said.The 2016 season also points to an outstanding year for the team’s partners. “With the renewal of our partnerships with Lesters and TELUS, and the arrival of new partners such as Famili-Prix, Mise-O-Jeu and L’Aubainerie, we are expecting to surpass last year’s results by 25 per cent by the end of 2016,” said Weightman, who is entering his third season as president and CEO of the Alouettes.

“These results are due to our rejuvenated client base which is very interesting to our partners. Our efforts on our digital platforms – like our website and our social networks – allow us to better reach that clientele,” said Weightman.
    Several new initiatives at McGill’s Percival-Molson Memorial Stadium will be unveiled when the 2016 season kicks off. “First off, the Fan Zone will be revamped and will be accessible two hours before kick-off with a ‘Happy Hour’. Also among our new features will be cushioned seats with chairbacks available in certainsections. A new terrasse will also be available at the stadium, with tickets in this area priced at $25 for adults and $20 for students. As well, a new screen has been added – above the existing screen – ensuring that fans can easily see statistics pertaining to the players and the game. Finally, a ‘Game Day’ section will soon be launched on the team’s website: This will include information pertaining to the day’s game such as weather reports, traffic around the stadium and exclusive pre-game interviews,” said Weightman, who is originally from Saint-André-d’Argenteuil in the Laurentians.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...uettes-season/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    In a video interview National QB Brandon Bridge discusses Als TC.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...training-camp/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Today is the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Montreal Alouettes. Bonne Anniversaire! (Video is in French)

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...the-alouettes/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Tyrell Sutton discusses his gym workout, the Als situation this year, and how he helps in the fight to keep kids in school in this video.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...tyrell-sutton/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here is the Montreal Alouette Cheerleader website:

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016-cheerleaders/

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I hope the Alouettes finish 0-18.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Here is the Montreal Alouette Cheerleader website:

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016-cheerleaders/
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I hope the Alouettes finish 0-18.
    I hope its not because of the cheerleaders in the previous post.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Duron Carter says he is determined to show he is a team player in his return to the Als.

When Duron Carter hits the practice field as the Montreal Alouettes open training camp Sunday, he will do so carrying a little extra baggage.During his first go-round as a CFL receiver, Carter made quite an impression in his first two seasons. He was known for his speed, moves and hands that allowed him to become one if the most feared receivers in the CFL.
    But there were also whispers behind the scenes that the son of NFL Hall of Famer Cris Carter wasn't exactly a team player -- the kind of guy who calculates his receiving average as he's running down the field.
    But that baggage might be a lot lighter than people think after Carter returned from a frustrating failed tryout with the Indianapolis Colts.
    ``When we're talking about the season, team just keeps spilling out of his mouth," says Kevin Glenn, who heads into training camp as the Als starting quarterback. ``Talking to other people, I got the impression he was kind of a `me' guy. I've never once got that impression in the conversations I've had with him. He wants to win. I'm happy to hear that from him."
    Whether he's now a team-first guy or not, there's no doubt that Carter is heading into his CFL Career Redux with a positive attitude. He practically gushes thinking about his return to Montreal.
    ``I loved Indy and they gave me a great opportunity and I learned a whole lot," says the 25-year-old Florida native. ``They just had a different plan for me than what I wanted.
    ``I felt to get into a better situation ... playing is my best bet and not betting on other people and how they feel. It's a whole lot of politics and things I didn't realize existed. I just wanted to play football and Montreal allows me to do that."
    While the reference to politics might lead one to believe that Carter's a tad bitter about his not-so-excellent adventure in the NFL, he says it has made him a better receiver.
    Going up against the likes of Pro Bowl defensive back Vontae Davis every day during training camp and getting high-level coaching will pay off, he insists. So will carrying an extra 20 pounds from his CFL days, up to 220 on his 6-foot-5 frame.
    ``I feel I'm a lot better player," he says. ``I'm older, I feel like I'm faster, I'm bigger ... I feel pretty good about what's going to come this season. Everybody tells me I've gotten taller, too.
    ``I do like being a little bit slimmer and faster, but I think it hurt me as far as being durable and lasting a whole season."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cf...190525592.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here are changes to the Als TC roster.

The Montreal Alouettes announced the following transactions on Saturday.
    Players added to roster
    Ethan Davis (I) DB Troy State
    Jordan Dewalt (I) DE Duke
    Mitchell Jeter (I) DL The Citadel
    Jared Koster (I) LB New Mexico Highlands
    Jonathon Mincy (I) DB Auburn
    Hayden Peters (N) DB St.Francis Xavier

Placed on retired list
    Andrew Smith (N) WR Manitoba

Placed on injured exempt list
    Luc Brodeur-Jourdain (N) C Laval
    Jonathan Crompton (I) QB Tennessee

2016 seventh-round draft pick defensive back Maïko Zepeda suffered an injury prior to training camp which will require season-ending surgery.
    Also, international receiver Cody Hoffman did not pass his physical and has been released.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...ransactions-3/