Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Alouettes key hope for TC and the season is stability in all phases of operation.
    In 2016, stability will be the operative word for the Alouettes. “We have stability with our coaching staff and we also have an experienced quarterback. As well, over-and-above looking for impact players, experienced coaches and excellent draft choices, Jim did a great job keeping the core of the team intact. Jim did everything possible to ensure that our loyal fanbase will be happier this year,” said the president and chief executive officer of the Alouettes. ...
    Regarding season ticket holders, Weightman and his staff are pleased with the numbers: “We exceeded 11,000 season ticket holders and this number continues to grow. We are very happy and grateful to have such a passionate fanbase who come to the games regardless of weather conditions to cheer the team on,” he said.The 2016 season also points to an outstanding year for the team’s partners. “With the renewal of our partnerships with Lesters and TELUS, and the arrival of new partners such as Famili-Prix, Mise-O-Jeu and L’Aubainerie, we are expecting to surpass last year’s results by 25 per cent by the end of 2016,” said Weightman, who is entering his third season as president and CEO of the Alouettes.

“These results are due to our rejuvenated client base which is very interesting to our partners. Our efforts on our digital platforms – like our website and our social networks – allow us to better reach that clientele,” said Weightman.
    Several new initiatives at McGill’s Percival-Molson Memorial Stadium will be unveiled when the 2016 season kicks off. “First off, the Fan Zone will be revamped and will be accessible two hours before kick-off with a ‘Happy Hour’. Also among our new features will be cushioned seats with chairbacks available in certainsections. A new terrasse will also be available at the stadium, with tickets in this area priced at $25 for adults and $20 for students. As well, a new screen has been added – above the existing screen – ensuring that fans can easily see statistics pertaining to the players and the game. Finally, a ‘Game Day’ section will soon be launched on the team’s website: This will include information pertaining to the day’s game such as weather reports, traffic around the stadium and exclusive pre-game interviews,” said Weightman, who is originally from Saint-André-d’Argenteuil in the Laurentians.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...uettes-season/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    In a video interview National QB Brandon Bridge discusses Als TC.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...training-camp/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Today is the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Montreal Alouettes. Bonne Anniversaire! (Video is in French)

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...the-alouettes/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Tyrell Sutton discusses his gym workout, the Als situation this year, and how he helps in the fight to keep kids in school in this video.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...tyrell-sutton/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here is the Montreal Alouette Cheerleader website:

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016-cheerleaders/

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I hope the Alouettes finish 0-18.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Here is the Montreal Alouette Cheerleader website:

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016-cheerleaders/
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I hope the Alouettes finish 0-18.
    I hope its not because of the cheerleaders in the previous post.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Duron Carter says he is determined to show he is a team player in his return to the Als.

When Duron Carter hits the practice field as the Montreal Alouettes open training camp Sunday, he will do so carrying a little extra baggage.During his first go-round as a CFL receiver, Carter made quite an impression in his first two seasons. He was known for his speed, moves and hands that allowed him to become one if the most feared receivers in the CFL.
    But there were also whispers behind the scenes that the son of NFL Hall of Famer Cris Carter wasn't exactly a team player -- the kind of guy who calculates his receiving average as he's running down the field.
    But that baggage might be a lot lighter than people think after Carter returned from a frustrating failed tryout with the Indianapolis Colts.
    ``When we're talking about the season, team just keeps spilling out of his mouth," says Kevin Glenn, who heads into training camp as the Als starting quarterback. ``Talking to other people, I got the impression he was kind of a `me' guy. I've never once got that impression in the conversations I've had with him. He wants to win. I'm happy to hear that from him."
    Whether he's now a team-first guy or not, there's no doubt that Carter is heading into his CFL Career Redux with a positive attitude. He practically gushes thinking about his return to Montreal.
    ``I loved Indy and they gave me a great opportunity and I learned a whole lot," says the 25-year-old Florida native. ``They just had a different plan for me than what I wanted.
    ``I felt to get into a better situation ... playing is my best bet and not betting on other people and how they feel. It's a whole lot of politics and things I didn't realize existed. I just wanted to play football and Montreal allows me to do that."
    While the reference to politics might lead one to believe that Carter's a tad bitter about his not-so-excellent adventure in the NFL, he says it has made him a better receiver.
    Going up against the likes of Pro Bowl defensive back Vontae Davis every day during training camp and getting high-level coaching will pay off, he insists. So will carrying an extra 20 pounds from his CFL days, up to 220 on his 6-foot-5 frame.
    ``I feel I'm a lot better player," he says. ``I'm older, I feel like I'm faster, I'm bigger ... I feel pretty good about what's going to come this season. Everybody tells me I've gotten taller, too.
    ``I do like being a little bit slimmer and faster, but I think it hurt me as far as being durable and lasting a whole season."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cf...190525592.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here are changes to the Als TC roster.

The Montreal Alouettes announced the following transactions on Saturday.
    Players added to roster
    Ethan Davis (I) DB Troy State
    Jordan Dewalt (I) DE Duke
    Mitchell Jeter (I) DL The Citadel
    Jared Koster (I) LB New Mexico Highlands
    Jonathon Mincy (I) DB Auburn
    Hayden Peters (N) DB St.Francis Xavier

Placed on retired list
    Andrew Smith (N) WR Manitoba

Placed on injured exempt list
    Luc Brodeur-Jourdain (N) C Laval
    Jonathan Crompton (I) QB Tennessee

2016 seventh-round draft pick defensive back Maïko Zepeda suffered an injury prior to training camp which will require season-ending surgery.
    Also, international receiver Cody Hoffman did not pass his physical and has been released.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...ransactions-3/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Interesting. I've also seen a few say that Adams is the worst of the bunch; though adams being the new kid/project and traded for a 1st rounder he'll be given time and opportunity. I really don't see Cato sticking with this team - I'd also be surprised if Boyd is kept once Crompton is healthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Als TC Day 1

Difficult choices to come
    Saying that the Alouettes offence is filled with talented and dangerous players would be an understatement. The team’s receiving corps, comprised of established veterans and dynamic rookies stole the show during this first day of camp, lifting fans off their feet on numerous occasions.

Back in Montreal following a year with the Indianapolis Colts, Duron Carter set the bar high right off the bat, making a spectacular one-handed catch on a 50-yard pass from quarterback Rakeem Cato. He struck again a few moments later, hauling in another 50-yarder from Vernon Adams Jr. in the end zone. A few moments later, the Kevin Glenn-Sam Giguère tandem made some noise, when the Sherbrooke native scored a touchdown on a nice pass from the veteran pivot.
    Rookie receiver Corbin Louks also scored points. The former Denver Bronco started off his 2016 training camp on the right foot with two great catches. Adams Jr. connected with him in the end zone on a 60-yard play.
    Offensive coaches Anthony Calvillo and Jacques Chapdelaine most likely enjoyed what they saw from their protégés on this first day, but difficult decisions will need to be made in the near future.
    Defensive Coordinator Noel Thorpe and his staff will also have tough decisions to make, as the veterans from their squad showed up in great shape, hoping to prevent the young guns from stealing their jobs. Dominique Ellis was responsible for the first interception of the day, diving to get his hand under a falling ball. Andrew Lue also pilfered a pass during the first practice.
    The defensive line, now under Anwar Stewart’s tutelage, showed many promising signs on this first day, as they got to the quarterback in hurry on numerous occasions during simulated play. The defensive squad’s depth will without a doubt be one of the team’s strenghts in 2016.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...eport-day-1-2/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Als TC Day 2

The perfect mentor
    Entering his 16th CFL season, veteran quarterback Kevin Glenn is at his first training camp with the Alouettes, where he’s quickly become the leader of Anthony Calvillo’s offence. The stability within the coaching staff, coupled with the acquisitions made by the front office during the offseason seem to be paying immediate dividends.

Although we’re only two days into training camp, Glenn is making his presence felt both on and off the field. On the field, he seems to be in mid-season form, threading the needle to his receivers on several occasions. On the sidelines, Glenn is seen working closely with the younger quarterbacks, imparting his wisdom between plays. For the oldest brother of five, the quarterback’s leadership qualities have been evident throughout his illustrious career. ...
    The secondary firing on all cylinders
    Jovon Johnson was locked in throughout the day, drawing several reactions from the crowd thanks to his tight coverage. The former Ottawa REDBLACKS defensive back had 2 interceptions during simulated play, as well as multiple great plays on the ball in 1 on 1 drills. Despite his smaller stature, the 5’9, 180-pound defensive back stood out in a big way on Day 2 of training camp.

Johnson wasn’t the only defensive back who impressed at Coulter Field, as Mitchell White had 2 interceptions of his own in one on one drills. The first was a deep ball in which White made a leaping catch over Corbin Louks, and the second was a diving grab where he anticipated the comeback route thrown by Vernon Adams Jr.
    The defensive backs weren’t the only defensive position excelling on Day 2 of camp. Veteran defensive end John Bowman and his crew got to the quarterback on multiple occasions, applying consistent pressure and getting their hands on several thrown balls during simulated play.
    A learning period
    After playing left tackle during the first day of training camp, Jacob Ruby made the transition over to right guard on Monday morning. Philip Blake filled in for Ruby at left tackle, as the coaching staff is looking to mix it up along the offensive line in order to experiment with different combinations. Flexibility along the offensive line is a little thing that can help certain players crack the roster during training camp.

“It’s only the second day of camp. We want to move guys around and see where they can play. If an injury occurs during the season, it’s better to find that out now than it is during the season,” said Alouettes General Manager and Head Coach, Jim Popp.
    Rapid Fire
    On the offensive side of the ball, wide receiver Mike Davis got open on numerous occasions due to his crisp route-running, allowing himself to reel in multiple targets… Jerry Rice Jr. also displayed his combination of quickness and catching ability, making several tough grabs throughout the day… Although Davis and Rice Jr. stood out at wide receiver, the catch of the day belonged to Mikhail Davidson, who made a diving, full-extension grab across the middle during simulated play. The first player to congratulate him was none other than S.J. Green who has made those types of catches for quite some time now… Rookie defensive back Victor Hampton also stood out on Monday as he pilfered two passes during skelly competition.

Transactions
    Before taking the field, the Alouettes added cornerback Greg Henderson to the roster. The 23 year-old recently finished his college career as a member of the University of Colorado Buffaloes.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...eport-day-2-2/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Chris Schultz believes the Als have good replacements for Josh Bourke. I'm not so sure they can do this with inexperienced players.

While nothing’s carved in stone — most certainly not following two days of training camp — Chris Schultz believes the Alouettes can compensate for the departure of offensive-tackle Josh Bourke. And, in assistant coach Kris Sweet, Schultz believes they have the man who’s capable of bringing out the most in what most certainly will be the inexperienced player who must attempt to replace Bourke.
    “The coaching’s critical, and Sweet’s good. He pushes his guys hard. He’s a good technique coach. He can get the most out of his players. He yells a lot, but he’s very demonstrative in the way he educates his players,” said Schultz, a TSN commentator and former offensive tackle with the Dallas Cowboys and Toronto Argonauts over 12 seasons. “If the guys hang in there and buy into what he’s selling, they’re going to improve.”
    Replacing left-tackle Bourke, who signed with the Argos last February as a free agent, figures to be easier said than done. Bourke spent nine seasons with the Als, was named the Canadian Football League’s outstanding lineman in 2011 and was a two-time league all-star.
    The Als — and by extension Sweet, who coaches the offensive line — will be trying numerous scenarios throughout training camp — not only to see who can replace Bourke, but determine what other positions players can handle in the event of injuries.
    On Sunday, when the Als opened camp at Bishop’s University, Jacob Ruby played left-tackle during both practices. Ruby had the position again Monday morning, but when the players returned following a brief respite,
    Montreal has used an all-Canadian line for years, but has a pair of returning imports — Forrestal Hickman and Vincent Brown — available if necessary. Both were activated for the final game of the season against Saskatchewan. Ruby started for Bourke that afternoon against the Roughriders.

Schultz believes both Ruby and Blake are physically capable of playing the position — provided they concentrate on their own body mechanics. “The big thing to understand about the position — sometimes you get so wrapped up about your opponent and what he’s going to do,” Schultz explained. “You have to concentrate on your own mechanics. If you’re worried about his pass rush and spin move, his upfield, inside and power move, you’re living in anticipation. The battle is mental. “For a young guy, the battle’s against himself. If your technique and body positioning are good, if your hands and feet are always good — a nice wide base, and you maintain that, you’re going to be OK.”
    While it’s too premature to determine which player has the inside track, Ruby can at least claim to be playing the position at college. Redshirted as a freshman, he was a four-year starter at the University of Richmond (Va.), a Division-IAA school. In the NCAA, it’s rare for any player, let alone a Canadian, to start four years. Ruby, a converted tight-end and former defensive-lineman, thrived on his athleticism. The Als selected the 6-foot-7, 315 pounder in the first round (eighth overall) in the 2015 Canadian college draft.
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...says-hes-ready

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Rumours are that Cato is considered the fourth QB at the start of TC. He could end up being traded. On the other hand, Popp appears to be high on National Brandon Bridge.

His passport issues behind him, Rakeem Cato made it to Bishop’s University and was on the field Sunday as the Alouettes began training camp.
    But much like last season, when he arrived at camp late, was an afterthought on the depth chart and ended up dressing for 11 games, the second-year quarterback appears to have tremendous odds stacked against him in his attempt to earn a roster spot.
    “Every year’s going to be the same, whether I’m a starter or backup or seventh on the roster,” he said. “I’m going to compete and come out with positive energy … push the starter.
    “Most definitely, I’m used to overcoming the odds. It’s fun.”
    Cato denied he lost his passport as the Montreal Gazette reported. Instead, it was stolen, along with his backpack, while he was working out at a Miami high school. That aside, the Als engaged in recent trade talks concerning Cato — the news of which, he admitted, found its way to southern Florida. And, he stated emphatically, didn’t bother or upset him.
    Nonetheless, it appears, at least following one day of workouts, Cato could be fourth on the team’s depth chart, behind Kevin Glenn, Canadian Brandon Bridge and even Tajh Boyd, who was on the Als’ practice roster late in the season but never played.
    General manager and head coach Jim Popp denied Bridge, or any other quarterback for that matter, is the backup for now — although it’s known the organization is bullish on the non-import. Popp said the team could retain as many as five pivots, and definitely will carry four. Teams can dress three per game.
    The Als won with Cato last season. He completed slightly more than 69 per cent of his passes, throwing for 2,167 yards. He had nine touchdowns and as many interceptions. Cato clearly was at his best in his first start, against Calgary, completing 20 of 25 for 241 yards and three touchdowns.
    But then teams started to catch on to him. Cato appeared to struggle reading defences and continued to make glaring rookie mistakes, sometimes repeatedly.
    “I’m just trying to find a spot and compete and try to earn my job, just like last year,” Cato said. “My job’s to push Kevin Glenn to the limit and make sure he becomes better; keep the coaches’ head scratching.”
    Does Cato believe he’ll be given a fair chance to compete for a roster spot. That, he said, is out of his hands. “Last year, I wasn’t given a fair chance,” he charged. “I didn’t get one rep. The first one came in the pre-season. Reps mean nothing. When my number’s called, I have to make a play for the team.”
    Meanwhile, Bridge played little for Montreal as a rookie, but displayed poise when given the opportunity under trying circumstances. He came off the bench in the season-opener, following injuries to Jonathan Crompton and Dan LeFevour, playing the second half against Ottawa. And then he didn’t play again until the finale, against Saskatchewan, without most of the veteran receivers. Nonetheless, Bridge went 21 of 30 for 220 yards and two touchdowns in defeat.
    “I’m ready whenever the coaches think I’m ready,” said the 6-foot-5, 235 pounder, who played collegiately at South Alabama. “I think they see that I’m a big-time playmaker who can make plays with my feet. And I have a big, strong arm.”
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...qb-roster-spot

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    As always there are questions about Kevin Glenn.

Is Kevin Glenn the quarterback the Alouettes have determined can lead this team out of the wilderness, at least in the short term? Or is he simply the best of the lot they have at their immediate disposal until someone else emerges?
    These are legitimate questions, based on the messages coming from general manager and head coach Jim Popp.
    As training camp began with two practises Sunday afternoon at Bishop’s University under, at times, a somewhat steady sprinkle of rain, Glenn said he “most definitely” is the team’s quarterback. But on a conference call last week, and again Sunday, Popp reiterated it was Glenn’s job to lose.
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement, it could be argued. Just as the argument could be made Glenn, who turns 37 on June 12 and is entering his 13th Canadian Football League season, deserves better.
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...ttes-open-camp

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...medium=twitter

Boulay won't be the last because of Popp's mismanagement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    interview with Kevin Glenn on Day 3 of TC.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...h-kevin-glenn/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With all the change in the last several years within the Als organization, the team is focusing on attaining stability this year.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=881621