Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Former Alouette RB William Stanback, who ran for 1,000+ yards last year with Montreal, is in tough in trying to make the Las Vegas Raiders, as he has had to miss considerable training time because of the death of his two parents nine days apart from cancer and a heart attack. I wish him the best.

Boatman
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Kind of a big one imo with Vernon Adams opting out. He would have had some bonuses coming due for next year.

I have no idea what the NFL is up to but not thinking Adams would have much of a chance of cracking a lineup. Never know though. Holy broken play Batman.

I wondering about the new XFL owners. They didn't buy the league just for the footballs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Als owner Gary Stern talks about improving the CFL's business side below:

Stern wants to see the Canadian Football League flourish in the future. For it to thrive, the business side must improve. Capturing the attention of new fans is a key area where growth needs to happen, according to Stern. “For starters, the circuit has a good fan base. These people love the specifics of Canadian football. But there is a new generation in the population looking for new forms of entertainment. These are the people we must seek to reach,” Stern told Le Journal de Montreal reporter Marc de Foy. “Young people want to be part of something. We have an excellent product to offer. It’s up to us to make the show more entertaining, not just football. It must be made an event.” ...

“The league probably won’t like what I’m going to say, but we’ve let these fans down over the years,” Stern said. “The sport has changed, but the league hasn’t changed. The question was raised by the owners. Changes are needed. It’s up to us to take action. It will happen.” ...

The Alouette plan — we’re 100 percent going into Plan A fans in the stands, let’s go, plan B says we’re absolutely playing football next year. If it needs to be a hub, we have all this time to put it in place and make sure some of the reasons why the CFL didn’t play, don’t happen again. So Plan A is fans in the stands flat out. Plan B is we’re playing football next year, even if it has to be a hub. ...

All nine owners, whether they are community owned, privately owned, corporately owned, learned in the last three to four months so much about the CFL, its shortcomings and its strengths. The financial boost will come, I believe, from us making changes, getting excited going into the new year, finding and retaining the same fans we had, and reaching out to more that are out there. As a league, we have to make some changes to reach all the demographics, not just what we had.

If anything we’ve learned in the CFL, there’s a much broader base out there that we need to attract, and that’s where the money comes from. Without losing that loyal, loyal fanbase that’s been with the CFL forever. I know that’s achievable, and the league and the Alouettes are all working towards that. I’m so positive, we’re going to hit it, and we’ll be flying. That’s all the funding we need.

https://3downnation.com/2020/10/04/a...hasnt-changed/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The url below reviews the ten players whose names have been released from the Als negotiation list.

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/202...otiation-list/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Als and former Argo RB Tyrell Sutton recognizes the obvious: CFL pay cuts are coming for the league's survival. He also discusses his CFL career below.

The Daily: What were the biggest adjustments for you transitioning from living in the United States and playing American football to living in Canada and playing in the CFL back in 2013?
    Sutton: It’s pretty chill up here, a multicultural place where most of the people get along. When I was in the States, there was a kind of hustle and bustle, you need to work all the time and get money. But here, they slow it down a little bit, just enough for you to enjoy your life, enjoy your personal time, and enjoy your family.

The Daily: How did you first learn the CFL intended to cancel its 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and what was your reaction?

Sutton: We heard from our union up here, and the CFL sent out a memo regarding the cancellation of the season. Like most fans — like most players — of course we were shocked and upset by it, but through all that darkness came me being able to spend time with my family. I’ve been married for a year, I just had my baby, so everything turned out to be great in that sense.

The Daily: What are your hopes for the upcoming season, both personally and for the CFL?

Sutton: I hope we can return to a bit of normalcy. I know the money won’t be the same, I know some guys are gonna retire, but I just want the fans and all the players to know hopefully that the CFL will be around. It’s been around for a long time, and we have to support the cause. We have to give people a chance to work out their emotions, to work out their feelings, to be connected with one another. Sports have been cancelled in Canada, but Canadian football, it’s a longstanding tradition of 150 years. So I hope we can bring back that tradition, and return to some kind of normalcy.
    https://dailynorthwestern.com/2020/1...eague-career/#

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Three CFLers, namely Als RB Shaq Murray Lawrence, Riders DB Jay Dearborn, and BC RB Kayden Johnson, are giving bobsled a go following the cancellation of the CFL season. The CFL has provided quite a few athletes to bobsled in the past.

Shaq Murray-Lawrence is a bobsled sponge. He watches tape every day, takes copious notes, and picks the brain of pilot Taylor Austin and any other experienced slider who will offer advice. ...

Murray-Lawrence is a 27-year-old running back who was drafted by the Lions in 2015 but is now on the Montreal Alouettes’ roster. Saskatchewan’s 6-foot-3, 200-pound DB Jay Dearborn and Kayden Johnson, a 6-foot-3, 223-pound running back drafted by B.C. in 2020, are the others. Their attention to detail has made quite a first impression.

“The one thing that really comes out with these three is they are committed,” said Morgan Alexander, high performance manager for Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton. “They’re the first ones to show up and they are fully present in what they’re doing. It’s a challenge when athletes are doing double-duty or trying to dip their toes in before they decide which sport to do. But they are present and committed in every session and the coaching staff couldn’t be any happier.” ...

In Canada, the other sports which have been the main sources for new bobsledding talent have long been football, rugby and track and field. Alexander said the gridiron game often provides the best all-round prospects, and the transition from the CFL has been made successfully by the likes of Jesse Lumsden, Sam Giguere and Dexter Janke. Canadian university football has produced Ben Coakwell, Lyndon Rush and Nick Poloniato.

“I think the main thing that really encourages those athletes to get their feet in it and have some success early on is that they have some speed, strength and power attributes that are very well-rounded,” said Alexander. “When we have track athletes out, they’re usually a little bit faster. Sometimes we get Olympic lifting athletes out that are a little bit stronger than football players....

But football tends to be the sport, along with rugby, that produces the most ready-to-go athletes from Day One.
    “They come from team sports that require a high standard of excellence and ask a lot of them. Particularly with guys from the CFL, they come in as professional athletes. They have notebooks, they study film. Their athleticism and those intangibles let them accelerate quicker through the development path than maybe some other athletes naturally would.”

These most recent CFLers to try the transition are all a little different.
    “Kayden is a big, high-energy athlete. He’s one of the heavier athletes on our team. He has some strength and power,” said Alexander. “Jay, I believe had the farthest (broad) jump. When you are looking at horizontal force production, that test for him jumps off the charts. I don’t think we have seen Shaq at his healthiest yet. But he’s shown some really, truly, elite, world-class speed. All three jump off the page with some certain attributes and we have development to do with them. We think we can give them room to improve in an exciting way for everybody that results in some hardware on the podium.” ...

“I kind of fell in love with it there,” he said. “It’s a very explosive, very powerful sport, and everything happens so quick. You have four-point-something seconds to get everything right, get in the sled and just hold on until you get to the end. I like the competitive aspect, and there is a different level of camaraderie. In football, you all belong to a league. This is for the country. To me right now it means a little bit more.”

He’s not sure how bobsled will pan out for him, nor can he predict whether the CFL will stage a 2021 season, given complications from the COVID-19 pandemic. But he does allow himself to think about a two-sport future and dream about a Grey Cup ring and Olympic medal.

“I can’t say which one would be more important. They would be equally huge accomplishments and something I am striving for.”
    https://montrealgazette.com/sports/f...e-45dbf6619d1c

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    One good sign for the Als financial situation is that 86% of their fans left their deposited money with the team from last year. President Mario Cecchini and GM Danny Manioca answer questions from their fans in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gabi9db9NnU

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Vernon Adams has agreed to a restructured contract to help the team sign other players.

Alouettes general manager Danny Maciocia said quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. showed his leadership when he agreed to restructure his contract to allow the organization to retain some talent on the roster.

That sacrifice was reflected Wednesday in the announcement that wide-receiver Eugene Lewis and offensive-lineman Tony Washington signed contracts for the 2021 season. This week, the Alouettes brought back CFL all-star running-back William Stanback. Maciocia said all four players accepted pay cuts. TSN reported that Adams took a $40,000 pay cut.

“It doesn’t often happen in professional sports that the core of a team is willing to make sacrifices to stay together,” Maciocia said Wednesday during a video-conference call with the three players. “These players have the same goal, to get the championship. They have shown a lot of leadership and their gesture inspires me a lot. It shows that they are happy here.”

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/qb-vernon-adams-jr-joins-list-of-alouettes-who-restructured-contracts

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Als have resigned former Argo KR/WR Mario Alford and BC Lion National DL David Menard, as well as National DB Ty Cranston.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Montreal has signed former 2019 1,000+ yard rusher William Stanback, who went to the LV Raiders 2020 TC, through 2022. They have also signed former Argo OL Tony Washington and 2019 top Al WR Eugene Lewis, who had 1,133 yards that year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Three Nationals have signed with the Als: four year veteran OL Phillippe Gagnon, who comes back to the Als after spending 2019 with the Redblacks, former Bomber/Eskimo FB/ST Christophe Normande who joined the Als in 2019, and DL and first round BC draft pick Junior Luke, who played 53 of a possible 54 games with the Lions through 2019.

Last edited by jerrym; 01-05-2021 at 01:10 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Below is a look at the Als business-wise at this point in the offseason.

Because he wasn’t hired until mid-January, Maciocia inherited a team built, and contracts that were signed, by former GM Kavis Reed. Maciocia repeatedly said that left him with some housekeeping. ...

Now, Maciocia and his assistants, the team’s scouts, and head coach Khari Jones — who replaced the fired Mike Sherman at the conclusion of training camp in 2019 — can put their fingerprints of this year’s team.

Maciocia is embracing the challenge. “This is a great opportunity and challenge that lies ahead,” he said. “We can find a way to reinvent ourselves, find different kinds of solutions and scenarios to put the most competitive team out there. There’s no such thing as failure. It’s just unfinished business. It’s been done before. It can be done again.”

Cecchini and Maciocia were hired on the heels of a winning record in 2019, combined with the Als’ first playoff appearance in five years. There was enthusiasm and a groundswell of support; their appointments received favourably. And after Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl in February, the sport became more popular throughout the province. That made Cecchini’s job of selling season tickets and corporate sponsorships somewhat easier. While the majority of ticket holders decided against seeking a refund, according to Cecchini, eliciting interest from the business community has suddenly become a much tougher sell.

The coronavirus pandemic wreaked havoc on Montreal businesses, with downtown office towers becoming nearly vacant while people have continued working from home. “We had some enthusiasm when we came on board,” Cecchini said. “Boom, that went away, so there’s a certain sense of rebuilding. We have to be better than others. We have to offer a better option and service. We did lose a bit of that momentum. I didn’t come in here expecting anything would be easy. We’ll just work harder to get there.”

Cecchini has stayed in contact with those sponsors who remained committed, holding video conferences with them every two months. He hopes to announce some new clients by mid-January. “There are people who are going to sit back and watch,” he said. “I think those who jump on the train now will not regret it.”

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/f...and-management

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    DB Marc Antoine Dequoy, a second round, first selection for the Als in the 2020 draft, has signed a three year deal with the Als. He was an all-Canadian with the Montreal Carabins in 2019 who was defensive player of the year in Quebec.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Als have signed former NFL WR Eli Rodgers, who over three seasons from 2016-18 had 78 receptions for 822 yards and 191 yards in punt returns in 30 games with Pittsburg.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Former Alouette and one time Argo, Winston Venable named Oregon RBs coach. IIRC he never played a down with the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    DB Marc Antoine Dequoy, a second round, first selection for the Als in the 2020 draft, has signed a three year deal with the Als. He was an all-Canadian with the Montreal Carabins in 2019 who was defensive player of the year in Quebec.

Was a bit of a gamble, with some NFL interest, but probably the steal of the draft; maybe the best Canadian DB talent out of college ball in a long-time, but he will have to prove that in the CFL; be interestin' to see if his ex college ball coach (Maciocia) gives him a shot to play on D, and sooner than later. This guy has the skill-set (including blazing speed and big DB size) to probably play anywhere in a CFL D-backfield (and his experience with the Carabins was mostly D-half); do the Als still plan on going with Taylor Loffler at safety (injured and out much of 2019, and still un-signed)?

Wish the Argos had drafted Dequoy - they had a chance at #9
    Last edited by OV Argo; 01-21-2021 at 12:51 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Als starting O-lineman and former 1st round draft pick Tre Rutherford has announced his retirement to go on to be a policeman. Best wishes.

Tough for the Als, but they have some young O-linemen in the wings to step-in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Als went on a signing spree in adding seven players to give the roster Canadian depth:

Jean Samuel Blanc (6’1 ”, 245 lbs. DL) has played on the Alouettes defensive line for five seasons during which he played 71 games and registered 59 special teams tackles. In 2019, the 30-year-old led the Alouettes with 21 special teams tackles, good for fifth place in the CFL. The Montreal native joined the Alouettes as a free agent in 2015 after spending his collegiate career with the Université de Montréal Carabins, with whom he won the Vanier Cup in 2014.

Felix Faubert-Lussier (6’1″, 212 lbs. WR)
    played his first year with the Alouettes in 2019 after two seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, who drafted him in the fifth round (39th total) of the 2016 CFL Draft. In 2019, the 29-year-old athlete caught nine passes for 102 yards in 16 games while registering two special teams tackles. The Montreal native played for the Université Laval Rouge et Or from 2012 to 2016 and won three Vanier Cups. ...

DJ Lalama (6’0”, 222 lbs. LB) made 25 defensive tackles and eight on special teams, adding one sack and one tackle for a loss in 11 games in Montreal in 2019. The 27-year-old was named among the CFL Players of the Week just before the playoffs. The Winnipeg, MB native started his career with the Alouettes in 2017 before joining the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2019. He came back in the nest in August 2019. He was drafted in the 2016 Draft by the Edmonton Eskimos (70th total).

Bo Banner (6’2”, 235 lbs. DL)
    played 18 games with the team in 2019, registering 15 defensive tackles, nine on special teams and adding one sack. In his rookie season the previous year, the Canadian took part in 16 games amassing four defensive tackles, three on special teams and one sack. The defensive end was a third-round pick (19th overall) in the 2018 CFL Draft. The 25-year-old played collegiately for the Eastern Washington University Eagles.

Kaion Julien-Grant (6’2”, 197 lbs WR)
    played his first professional season in 2019 when he returned seven kickoffs for 112 yards, while making a catch for eight yards. The 24-year-old was drafted in the second round (13th overall) by the Alouettes in 2019, after making 49 catches for 638 yards and scoring five majors in his last season with the St. Francis-Xavier University X-Men. His father Karim played three seasons in the CFL, including one with the Alouettes in 2004.

Dominique Termansen (5’11”, 188 lbs DB)
    made six defensive tackles and one on special teams, while recovering a fumble in nine games with the Alouettes in 2019. The 26-year-old defensive back started last season with the BC Lions, where he registered five tackles and one forced fumble in two games. The North Vancouver, B.C. native started his career in Montreal in 2016 and 2017 before playing with the Lions the next two years. He won the 2015 Vanier Cup with the UBC Thunderbirds.

Cameron Lawson (6’3”, 287 lbs DT)
    was selected in the second round (16th overall) by the Alouettes in 2020 after being named the OUA lineman of the year in 2019, on top of being named a second-team All-Canadian while playing for the Queen’s University Golden Gaels. The Caledon, ON native registered 16 tackles and 2,5 sacks in 11 games that season.
    https://en.montrealalouettes.com/202...ubert-lussier/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Montreal has also added former NFL first round pick and seven year veteran DE Datone Jones as well as seven other Americans.

Jones (6’2”, 241 lbs) comes to Montreal after spending seven seasons in the NFL. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers as their first-round pick (26th total) of the 2013 NFL Draft, where he went on to play four seasons. The Los Angeles, CA native also suited up for the Dallas Cowboys and Las Vegas Raiders. In 68 games in the NFL, the 30-year-old amassed 57 solo tackles and 25 assisted, in addition to ten quarterback sacks and eight knockdowns. He also registered two interceptions. He helped the Packers reach the playoffs in each of his four seasons spent in Wisconsin, registering nine tackles and 0.5 sacks in eight games.

The club also signed American linebackers Romeo Finley (Miami), Eli Mencer (Albany), Tre Watson (Maryland), defensive linemen Curtis Cothran (Penn State), Jamal Davis (Akron) and Lord Hyeamang (Columbia). Defensive backs Rodney Randle Jr. (Lamar) and Ahmad Thomas (Oklahoma) were also signed by the Alouettes.

Finley (6’1″, 215 lbs)
    played for the University of Miami Hurricanes. In his last season, the native of Fort Walton Beach, FL collected 54 tackles including four for losses. He added four knockdowns and two interceptions, one of which ended with an 83-yard run leading to a touchdown. In 2020 the 23-year-old linebacker took part in the Los Angeles Chargers’ training camp.

Mencer (6’1″, 229 lbs)
    played for the SUNY at Albany Great Danes. In four seasons, the 24-year-old linebacker recorded 106 solo tackles and 92 assisted. The Altoona, PA native added 21.5 quarterback sacks for losses of 153 yards. He added two interceptions, nine knockdowns, 12 forced fumbles and eight recoveries. In 2020, he spent time with the Seattle Seahawks.

Watson (6’7′, 317 lbs)
    suited up for the University of Maryland Terrapins for four seasons. In 2018, the 25-year-old was named to the first All-Big Ten team and second Phil Steele All-American and FWAA All-American teams. The Phoenix, AZ native led his conference with 9.6 tackles per game and five interceptions, tying a university record for a linebacker. He played in 2020 for the Dallas Renegades in the XFL. In 2019, he suited up for the Miami Dolphins.

Cothran, (6’5′, 283 lbs)
    played four years for the Penn State University Nittany Lions. The 25-year-old defensive lineman amassed 67 solo tackles and 26 assisted, adding 15.5 tackles for losses. A native of Philadelphia, PA, he participated in the Fiesta Bowl in 2018 in addition to suiting up for the Minnesota Vikings.

Davis, (6’4′, 240 lbs)
    played in the NFL with the Miami Dolphins in 2019. He also spent time with the Green Bay Packers, the Cleveland Browns and the Houston Texans. The Canton, OH native played for the Akron University Zips. In his senior season he made 48 solo tackles, 34 assisted, in addition to forcing a fumble. The 25-year-old intercepted a pass and amassed 5.5 quarterback sacks.

Hyeamang (6’4”, 285 lbs)
    played two games with the Alouettes in 2019. The Lakeville, MN native spent time with the Los Angeles Rams and the Seattle Seahawks. The former Columbia University Lion was a First Team All-Ivy League selection as a senior, starting all ten games and racking up 24 tackles and two sacks. During his collegiate career, the 23-year-old totaled 76 tackles, 14 tackles for losses and three sacks.

Randle Jr. (6’0′, 170 lbs)
    was a two-time All-Southland Conference selection. He played 41 games with the Lamar University Cardinals. The 23-year-old recorded 170 tackles during his career, including 119 solos and five interceptions for 49 yards in returns. He added 21 knockdowns, forced a fumble and recovered one. He also returned 84 kicks for 1,802 yards and a touchdown. He ended his career just one return and 18 return yards shy of being the school’s all-time leader. In 2019 the native of Beaumont, TX, was part of the Los Angeles Chargers.

Thomas, (6’0′, 220 lbs)
    was a member of several NFL teams, including the Oakland Raiders, the Green Bay Packers, the Indianapolis Colts, and the Atlanta Falcons. The 26-year-old played at the collegiate level with the University of Oklahoma Sooners. In 42 games, in the Miami, FL native amassed 149 solo tackles and 73 assisted. He added four interceptions, seven knockdowns and one fumble recovery.
    https://en.montrealalouettes.com/202...-datone-jones/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Two American QBs have signed and four WRs Americans have signed with the Als: QB Philip Nelson; QB Broc Rutter; WR Jordan Lasley; WR Eli Rogers; WR Nelson Spruce; and WR Reggie White Jr.

Nelson (6’3”, 221 lbs.) took part in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers training camp in 2018 and also participated in the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals rookie Mini-Camps one year earlier. The quarterback also played for the Dallas Renegades and for the San Diego Fleet in the Alliance of American Football (AAF).
    The athlete spent his first two seasons with the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. The 27-year-old completed 169 of his 338 attempts for gains of 2,179 yards and 17 touchdowns. Two years later, the Madison, WI native earned 2,621 yards and threw 16 touchdown passes by completing 237 of his 349 attempted with the East Carolina University Pirates with whom he played for two years.

Rutter (6’2′, 204 lbs.)
    was the North Central University Cardinals’ starting quarterback from 2016 to 2019 for all their 51 games. He was dominant during his senior year as he completed 309 of his 435 attempts (71%) for 4,591 yards and 56 touchdowns in 15 games, rewriting the school’s record book. He amassed 14,265 passing yards and 135 touchdowns during his time at North Central. Moreover, the 23-year-old quarterback collected at least 200 passing yards in 44 games.
    He was voted on the All-CCIW and CCIW Art Keller First Team for the offensive player of the year. The Naperville, IL native was the recipient of the Gagliardi Trophy in Division III. In 2019, he had back-to-back six-touchdown games and added a 522-passing yard game, establishing a new record for his university. He also spent time with the San Francisco 49ers.

Spruce (6’1”, 205 lbs)
    earned a roster spot with the Los Angeles Rams in 2016 following an impressive collegiate career with the University of Colorado Buffaloes. The Westlake Village, CA native ended up being the most prolific receiver in school history, on top of establishing 41 school records and two Pac-12 records. He was voted to the All Pac-12 Team following his senior season. After his time with the Rams, he went to sign deals with the Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Chargers. The 28-year-old receiver continued his professional career with the San Diego Fleet of the AAF in 2018 and the Los Angeles Wildcats in the XFL with who he made 20 catches for 256 yards and two touchdowns in only three games.

Rogers (5’10”, 186 lbs)
    spent four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers after a brilliant collegiate career with the University Of Louisville Cardinals. In three seasons in Steeltown, the 28-year-old Miami, FL native played 30 games, including 15 as a starter, hauling in 78 passes for 822 yards and four touchdowns. In 2020, he played five games for the Washington DC Defenders, amassing 164 yards on 14 receptions, on top of rushing the ball three times for 25 yards.

Lasley (6’1”, 213 lbs)
    played three seasons with the UCLA Bears, making 113 catches for 1,901 yards and 14 touchdowns in 29 games. The 24-year-old Compton, CA native was then drafted in the fifth round (162nd overall) by the Baltimore Ravens, before spending time with the Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions. More recently, he was a member of the St. Louis Battlehawks in the XFL.

White Jr. (6’3”, 210 lbs)
    signed with the New York Giants in 2019 after playing collegiately with Monmouth University Hawks. In four preseason games with the Giants, the 24-year-old caught eight passes for 115 yards before spending the season on the team’s practice roster. The Randallstown, MD native led the Big South Conference with 1,133 receiving yards and 11 receiving touchdowns in his senior year. His dad Reggie played in the NFL for the San Diego Chargers and New England Patriots.
    https://en.montrealalouettes.com/202...n-broc-rutter/