Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't see Collaros as the villain - JERK FACE without question though.
    Corrected for accuracy.

It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Collaros was working out today with Durie. #ArgosWatch2017
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    I was at the TiCats Draft Party and Collaros said he is close to coming back. I told him not to rush it. lol

BTW, I'm jealous of all the cool things the Cats do for their fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    I was at the TiCats Draft Party and Collaros said he is close to coming back. I told him not to rush it. lol

BTW, I'm jealous of all the cool things the Cats do for their fans.
    It seems like every team except for the Argonauts does special events like this for their fans, especially for the Season Ticket holders. I was hoping that we would start getting some of these events now that we have new ownership but it looks like nothing has changed for Season Ticket holders.

The only things that we get are Fan Day (which every team does) and the Corn Roast which is great but it isn't even put on by the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    It seems like every team except for the Argonauts does special events like this for their fans, especially for the Season Ticket holders. I was hoping that we would start getting some of these events now that we have new ownership but it looks like nothing has changed for Season Ticket holders.

The only things that we get are Fan Day (which every team does) and the Corn Roast which is great but it isn't even put on by the team.
    I'd like some fan events as well but I'm prepared to give them a pass for the first year of the new ownership. They have a lot going on this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'd like some fan events as well but I'm prepared to give them a pass for the first year of the new ownership. They have a lot going on this year.
    No doubt they have alot on the go, but the ownership and management team have been in place for one year now and I am sure they were making preparations prior to officially taking over Jan. 1. I think re-connecting with the small fanbase/STHs the team has prior to the season would have been a well received gesture to this fanbase that has taken it on the chin for several years now. Letting them know that they are part of this rebirth that is about to occur, and thanking them for standing by through the darkest times in franchise history. Yes, they need to be out there creating new fans and selling tickets but I wish they had made time for this small but fiercely loyal group of fans.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    No doubt they have alot on the go, but the ownership and management team have been in place for one year now and I am sure they were making preparations prior to officially taking over Jan. 1. I think re-connecting with the small fanbase/STHs the team has prior to the season would have been a well received gesture to this fanbase that has taken it on the chin for several years now. Letting them know that they are part of this rebirth that is about to occur, and thanking them for standing by through the darkest times in franchise history. Yes, they need to be out there creating new fans and selling tickets but I wish they had made time for this small but fiercely loyal group of fans.
    Agreed. Michael Copeland talked a big game about understanding what Argonauts Season Tickets holders have been through the past few years and how it was going to improve. So far all talk, no action.

It's halfway through May and we're just as ignored as we've ever been. We can't even get a Town Hall or a Draft Party, let alone anything more than that.

The Draft has passed, the Stadium renovations are complete, the new Uniforms have been revealed and nothing. Just one missed opportunity after another.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Agreed. Michael Copeland talked a big game about understanding what Argonauts Season Tickets holders have been through the past few years and how it was going to improve. So far all talk, no action.

It's halfway through May and we're just as ignored as we've ever been. We can't even get a Town Hall or a Draft Party, let alone anything more than that.

The Draft has passed, the Stadium renovations are complete, the new Uniforms have been revealed and nothing. Just one missed opportunity after another.
    Hey Neely, ...did Rocket hack your account?
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Wow, some people are hard to please. We have a fantastic new stadium (where every one of us presumably got the tickets we wanted) some exciting new players, even slightly better unis. The idea that they didn't make time for their fans/"one missed opportunity after another" -- was there a time limit on this? Training camp hasn't started and the season doesn't begin for six weeks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Wow, some people are hard to please. We have a fantastic new stadium (where every one of us presumably got the tickets we wanted) some exciting new players, even slightly better unis. The idea that they didn't make time for their fans/"one missed opportunity after another" -- was there a time limit on this? Training camp hasn't started and the season doesn't begin for six weeks.
    Agreed Paul. Though I hope to see the team and fans set up a draft party and a townhall as well (next year and beyond). Still a lot of work to do, but I'm willing to be patient.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno27 View Post
    Your links are working perfectly. Tried them all. Thanks, Paul and cheers!
    Tnx Johno -- I've now deleted the test msg so you can delete yours as well if you want.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Hey Neely, ...did Rocket hack your account?
    No I just expected Michael Copeland to come through on all his talk and go above and beyond for Season Ticket holders. It hasn't even been an average experience compared to the rest of the CFL.

I was willing to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt but we're half way through May and aside from an Email they've literally done 0 to reach out to Season Ticket holders.

Hell they even changed the Season Ticket holder payment plan to 2 payments from 3 payments.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wow some people are happy to accept the status quo. After what Argonauts Season Ticket holders have been through the past few years I don't think that it's to much to at Least get the same treatment as the Season Ticket holders of other CFL teams.

There was no reason that the Argonauts couldn't have organized a Draft Party similar to what Hamilton had.

Yes there is still time and hopefully Michael Copeland will start delivering on all his talk.

Boatman
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think the new admin deserves a long leash. They just went through an office move in which they were fighting with phone issues, crossed lines etc. They are also transitioning to a new stadium they didn't have access to until the first week of May. Their staff is probably working OT right now managing these transitions while still conducting business. Better no draft party than a poorly planned one because they didn't have the time and people available to do it right. Let's see what happens next year once they're settled in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I think the new admin deserves a long leash. They just went through an office move in which they were fighting with phone issues, crossed lines etc. They are also transitioning to a new stadium they didn't have access to until the first week of May. Their staff is probably working OT right now managing these transitions while still conducting business. Better no draft party than a poorly planned one because they didn't have the time and people available to do it right. Let's see what happens next year once they're settled in.
    Stop making sense.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Please, even if the sale didn't close until January 1st they knew they were buying the team for months before that. There was no reason that they had to wait until January 1st to start planning.

So they're owned by a phone company and they can't get their phones working? Well I guess that explains why they can't plan a Draft Party in 5+ months.

Achievements:
    Level
    So they're owned by a phone company and they can't get their phones working? Well I guess that explains why they can't plan a Draft Party in 5+ months.
    Phone lines couldn't keep up with the 15k calling to buy tickets. There were more phones ringing than ticket reps to answer them.

Achievements:
    Level
    I'd rather have no event than a poorly planned event, which we wouldn't hear the end of if it turned out to be a dud. It's hard to compare to the Ticats because their caretaker goes above and beyond. What other teams hold a draft party of a town hall?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Phone lines couldn't keep up with the 15k calling to buy tickets. There were more phones ringing than ticket reps to answer them.
    Okay I chuckled.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Considering it seemed like we were at death's door less than a year ago under the previous ownership, I consider what you said an understatement.