Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Argonauts, Tiger-Cats hyped about season opener at BMO Field

It's already started.

The hype is already starting to build for the CFL season opener at BMO Field, and it's still more than two months away.Members of the Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats who took part in this week's CFL media sessions got the talk going early -- especially players like defensive tackle Bryan Hall, who went from the Tabbies to the Boatmen via free agency in February.
    “There's been a lot of chirping, especially with the Ticat guys,” Hall said. “I saw Speedy (Brandon Banks) down there. I told him he's washed up. I saw (Luke) Tasker. I told him he'd never be Steve. Zach (Collaros), you know, he won't be back this year. Simoni (Lawrence), I never liked him. I could go on and on.”
    The Ticats didn't offer Hall a new contract, so he simply added that rejection to the list of negative moments in his life that motivate him to play well. Football players commonly refer to it as having a chip on their shoulder.
    “I got a whole bag. Family sized. All dressed,” Hall said. “They just keep stacking. I have a (boat)load of chips.”
    Asked if they get heavy, Hall responded: “Naw. That's what I hit with, my shoulder. They're going to feel all those chips June 23rd. You can believe that.” ...
    Sources say the Argos didn't offer a contract to Owens, the CFL's most outstanding player in 2012, so you can bet he'll be fired up to play at BMO on opening night as well.One player who would love to be on the field opening night is Ticats quarterback Zach Collaros.
    The only catch is he might not be able to play.
    Collaros was well on his way to being named the CFL's most outstanding player last season when he tore his ACL in late September. Collaros reported Wednesday his rehab is going well but admitted there is some doubt surrounding his status for training camp and the opener.
    “I'll be involved in everything, and after practice I'll do what I have to do to be ready to go when I get the opportunity,” Collaros said, “but I'm trying to not even think about that because it just kind of pisses me off.
    “Especially when we play Toronto the first week. Like, dang. Come on. Like, they couldn't hold that for four weeks?”
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/20...r-at-bmo-field
    Last edited by jerrym; 04-22-2016 at 11:42 PM.