Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'd rather have no event than a poorly planned event, which we wouldn't hear the end of if it turned out to be a dud. It's hard to compare to the Ticats because their caretaker goes above and beyond. What other teams hold a draft party of a town hall?
    Riders and Ticats held a draft party - not sure about any of the other teams. In terms of a town hall or equivalent - Winnipeg, Saskatchewan and Calgary do. I believe Ottawa does something similar as well, but not 100% sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Considering it seemed like we were at death's door less than a year ago under the previous ownership, I consider what you said an understatement.
    So as Season Ticket holders what has changed from last season? Are we being treated better? Do you feel more valued? Has Michael Copeland delivered on what he said that he would do for Season Ticket holders?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Riders and Ticats held a draft party - not sure about any of the other teams. In terms of a town hall or equivalent - Winnipeg, Saskatchewan and Calgary do. I believe Ottawa does something similar as well, but not 100% sure.
    I know that Ottawa had a Draft Party too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    BC did a massive draft party too sold out in 9mins.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was at the last draft party the Argos did at Jack Astors in Scarborough (the year they drafted Joe Eppelle 1st overall). Though it was a nice thought, and rather well attended, it didn't exactly excite. No biggie for me.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I know that Ottawa had a Draft Party too.
    I bought one of them mini-packages for Ottawa since I will be going there four or five times this summer. I received the notice about the draft party and also an invite to tomorrows - "Jersey Launch" - also many e-mails about the big changes this season and an update on season ticket sales from Jeff Hunt, a bus trip to Montreal which is now sold out to watch the season opener.

I bought an Argo package and received.....................nothing, no e-mails, no draft party, no updates about season ticket sales, no "new Jersey Launch".
    Are they relying on the TFC marketing department?
    But the website is good just like most of the teams and some good information there

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    ^ Simmer down there mikem/slimjim.

Liking what I'm hearing from Bourke.
    http://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-a...alry-1.2899668
    Josh Bourke already dislikes the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, and he hasn't even put on a Toronto Argonauts uniform yet.

"Honestly, I hate Hamilton anyways," Bourke said in a telephone interview. "Even in Montreal, they're the team I couldn't stand the most.

"I know Toronto-Hamilton is more of a rivalry than Montreal-Hamilton but we had some pretty epic battles with them over the years and I really can't stand them. It's not like I liked them before, I'm all on board with that."

"Obviously there's a lot of exciting things going on with the Argonauts now moving to BMO Field and having the Grey Cup there," he said. "I just think there's a rejuvenation of football in Toronto that I'd like to be part of.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    I bought one of them mini-packages for Ottawa since I will be going there four or five times this summer. I received the notice about the draft party and also an invite to tomorrows - "Jersey Launch" - also many e-mails about the big changes this season and an update on season ticket sales from Jeff Hunt, a bus trip to Montreal which is now sold out to watch the season opener.

I bought an Argo package and received.....................nothing, no e-mails, no draft party, no updates about season ticket sales, no "new Jersey Launch".
    Are they relying on the TFC marketing department?
    But the website is good just like most of the teams and some good information there
    Exactly, with everything that Michael Copeland said I was just expecting Argonauts Season Tickets holders to at least be treated like Season Tickets holders of other CFL teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Exactly, with everything that Michael Copeland said I was just expecting Argonauts Season Tickets holders to at least be treated like Season Tickets holders of other CFL teams.
    Has Copeland become the new Rudge ?
    Sorry, but you're starting to sound exactly like Rocket.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Has Copeland become the new Rudge ?
    Sorry, but you're starting to sound exactly like Rocket.
    If you're okay with Season Ticket holders being treated the same under the new owners as under Braley that's fine. I'm not, I expected more under the new owners.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    If you're okay with Season Ticket holders being treated the same under the new owners as under Braley that's fine. I'm not, I expected more under the new owners.
    So did all of us. Some of us are also prepared to acknowledge that (a) some things already have changed, for the better, and (b) we are now less than five months into the new ownership structure, at a time of significant organizational change. If none of the things you're looking for have happened by this time next year, by all means complain and I will probably join you. But I'm cutting them a lot of slack right now, and I think anyone who doesn't, without being aware of what the org's actual capacity is at the moment to take on new initiatives, is not being fair.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm not okay with it and tbh I was expecting a bit more from the new ownership and management team. In saying that, I'm not ready to lump the new ownership in with Braley's tenure. We're in year one (of which Copeland acknowledged) - it's going to take time for the ship to be righted so to speak, and I'm willing to be patient. If during the season and at the start of next year things look same old same old - then yes my patience will start to run out. I expect big things from the new regime, but I also realize that a lot of damage has been done to this team and it's going to take time to rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    So did all of us. Some of us are also prepared to acknowledge that (a) some things already have changed, for the better, and (b) we are now less than five months into the new ownership structure, at a time of significant organizational change. If none of the things you're looking for have happened by this time next year, by all means complain and I will probably join you. But I'm cutting them a lot of slack right now, and I think anyone who doesn't, without being aware of what the org's actual capacity is at the moment to take on new initiatives, is not being fair.
    Agreed Paul.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm perfectly ok with what's going on. From my own personal perspective, I don't need any extra motivation to be part of this fan base. Bring on the season.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I however expected Michael Copeland to deliver on what he said. I don't think that's unfair at all.

And Michael Copeland was hired in July 2015 so you're being disingenuous when you say it's been 5 months.

http://www.argonauts.ca/2015/07/13/a...presdient-ceo/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'm perfectly ok with what's going on. From my own personal perspective, I don't need any extra motivation to be part of this fan base. Bring on the season.
    The self entitlement in society today is alarming.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    At the end of the day, I hope we have near full stadiums with an exciting pre-game, in-game and post-game experience. A good football team on the field (it looks good at this point), and a great Grey Cup experience. All of this will be necessary to re-engage Toronto sports fans.

The ownership group and management team have deep sports business experience. They know what it takes to put on a Grey Cup and they know what it is going to take to re-engage the city of Toronto into becoming Argo fans again. All of this points to having serious capacity in place to manage all of the above because it is a big job. The Argos need to work twice as hard as the other CFL teams and four times as hard as any of the other teams in Toronto.

As a season ticket holder my experience has been equivalent to the past few years. I picked my seats and they have charged me for them. Nothing more. I can accept why this bothers some people. It bothers me.

We all want them to succeed. Anybody that is still an Argo fan has patience and my patience has not run out.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Level
    My birthday is next month. I'll be really pissed if the Argos don't throw me a big party.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    My birthday is next month. I'll be really pissed if the Argos don't throw me a big party.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    If you think that expecting people to deliver on what they say they're going to do is self entitlement, that's alarming.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I like CFL and Argo football. I have been going to the games since the mid 1970s. I don't need anything else to entice me to watch or attend. But having watched what has become of this team over that span of time, I am aware of what is required for this team to register a pulse in the Toronto sports market and with their media for them to be successful once again. Maybe they are waiting for the Raptor season to be over before they begin any great push. It is not about being self entitled, it is about wanting to see the team be successful and doing the things that will generate interest with a fanbase that has not been interested.
    GO ARGOS!!!