Stefan Ptaszek to be named Ticats OC

Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Such a shame Stefan has become a GOB at such a young age.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ptaszek did a fantastic job with the Marauders program - if true/once confirmed; the Ticats made a fantastic hire IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Ptaszek did a fantastic job with the Marauders program - if true/once confirmed; the Ticats made a fantastic hire IMO.
    He was also a very sharp OC for a Laurier team that won a Vanier with a smart, diverse offence.

Will be kinda sad to see him forced to be a GOB, but I guess he is hoping for a CFL HC job down the road ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Since I see the reference to GOBs often in this forum, referring to anyone who works in the CFL, I think the real GOBs are the cranky old men who post here using the acronym GOB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    So as I've long thought; GOB = most football operational employees currently in the CFL - GM, asst gm, scouts, HC, OC, DC, position coach, etc.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    So as I've long thought; GOB = most football operational employees currently in the CFL - GM, asst gm, scouts, HC, OC, DC, position coach, etc.
    Pretty hard not to be one to be employed in the league I would think. I guess there could be closet non-GOBs employed though ;o) Change there would have to come from high at the top - an owner best way, but maybe a radical, heretic of a GM could do the trick.

Do you think Ptaszek is going to show-up to work and tell Kenty and Tillspin, that he likes a varied offence, with 2 back sets, QB under centre some of the time, deploying a fullback or tight end lots, plenty of ground game ? Even if he believed in such things as staples of an offence (and Mac seemed to run a fairly standard pro offence - just with a bit more ground game than the CFL), do you think he could tell Kenty and Tillspin to stuff it, I'll call the offence my way ? = not a chance. Next thing he'd be going crazy and asking to draft or try-out a Canadian QB, or wanting more than 7 NIs only pencilled-in for playing time - silly stuff like that. It's GOB behaviour or the highway.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Pretty hard not to be one to be employed in the league I would think. I guess there could be closet non-GOBs employed though ;o) Change there would have to come from high at the top - an owner best way, but maybe a radical, heretic of a GM could do the trick.

Do you think Ptaszek is going to show-up to work and tell Kenty and Tillspin, that he likes a varied offence, with 2 back sets, QB under centre some of the time, deploying a fullback or tight end lots, plenty of ground game ? Even if he believed in such things as staples of an offence (and Mac seemed to run a fairly standard pro offence - just with a bit more ground game than the CFL), do you think he could tell Kenty and Tillspin to stuff it, I'll call the offence my way ? = not a chance. Next thing he'd be going crazy and asking to draft or try-out a Canadian QB, or wanting more than 7 NIs only pencilled-in for playing time - silly stuff like that. It's GOB behaviour or the highway.

Not surprising to see OV already positioning the situation in such a way that it will be everyone's fault but Ptaszek's if he doesn't run a "CIS-style" offence and he is unsuccessful.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Since I see the reference to GOBs often in this forum, referring to anyone who works in the CFL, I think the real GOBs are the cranky old men who post here using the acronym GOB.
    I resemble that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It's official.
    http://ticats.ca/?p=32560

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    As a former Argo, I would like to have wished him well, but not as a coach of the archenemy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Five reasons why the Ptaszek hire makes sense for Ticats
    http://3downnation.com/2016/05/05/five-reasons-why-the/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Not surprising to see OV already positioning the situation in such a way that it will be everyone's fault but Ptaszek's if he doesn't run a "CIS-style" offence and he is unsuccessful.

Yeah - maybe if the Ticats offence is no good this season, Ptaszek could be the fall guy and get blamed and rail-roaded out of Hamiton to spare Kenty or Tillspin; like what happened with Greg Marshall there (Coach of the year in turning around a brutal Ronnie led 1 & 17 team, then has a couple of not so good seasons - then fired with all kinds of stories how he just wasn't ready for the oh so sophisticated CFL - being a Canadian and all).

I'm surprised Ravi that your types have not already opined how this is a questionable or iffy move by the Ticats - giving this Canadian coach an OC position right away ? - shouldn't have he apprenticed first as a position coach, before being given such responsibility to run a "complex" CFL offence. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah - maybe if the Ticats offence is no good this season, Ptaszek could be the fall guy and get blamed and rail-roaded out of Hamiton to spare Kenty or Tillspin; like what happened with Greg Marshall there (Coach of the year in turning around a brutal Ronnie led 1 & 17 team, then has a couple of not so good seasons - then fired with all kinds of stories how he just wasn't ready for the oh so sophisticated CFL - being a Canadian and all).

I'm surprised Ravi that your types have not already opined how this is a questionable or iffy move by the Ticats - giving this Canadian coach an OC position right away ? - shouldn't have he apprenticed first as a position coach, before being given such responsibility to run a "complex" CFL offence. ;o)
    http://ticats.ca/transcription-seaso...nference-call/
    Drew Edwards (Hamilton Spectator, 3Down Nation): Hi, my question is for Kent. Kent, I’m wondering how the search for a new offensive coordinator is going and whether you have made any determinations around what that person’s responsibilities are going to be going forward. Are you still in a situation where you think you may be the head coach, vice-president of football operations and potentially offensive coordinator, calling plays as well? Is that still on the table?

Kent Austin: Yes. All of the above is on the table. We are very, very close to an announcement. Things aren’t finalized yet, but I would be prepared for some news very soon. I’m very excited about the potential of the gentleman that we are bringing in. The second part of your question, with respect to how the offence is going to be run and the responsibilities that are divvied up within the staff, will be determined primarily on how quickly that gentleman can come up the curve and learn what we do. I’ll work very closely with him in a very short lead time to determine what makes sense to delegate, and what I have to take on, if anything, to make sure that when we take the field we have the most competitive offence possible on the football field and get our guys prepared.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This kind of confirms the CFL is damned if you do, damned if you don't from OVA's perspective. Come on, man, have some joy for one of your CIS boys. And maybe give Hamilton a shred of credit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    like what happened with Greg Marshall there (Coach of the year in turning around a brutal Ronnie led 1 & 17 team, then has a couple of not so good seasons - then fired with all kinds of stories how he just wasn't ready for the oh so sophisticated CFL - being a Canadian and all).
    I would love to see an example of this. Far from "all kinds of stories," I don't recall a single one with that angle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    This kind of confirms the CFL is damned if you do, damned if you don't from OVA's perspective. Come on, man, have some joy for one of your CIS boys. And maybe give Hamilton a shred of credit.

Believe I've posted several times here in the past - re good CFL coaching candidates - that Ptaszek would be a very good hire - success as an OC with Laurier (wins a Vanier), then more success with the Marauders as a HC (wins a Vanier).

Congrats to him; Tillspin & Kenty maybe made a real sharp move here - had to do something quick with their former OC leaving.

Paul might not recall "stories" about Greg Marshall deserving to be fired - maybe not here - but I assure you there were tons of them on CFL fan forums - along the lines of no nothing Canadian coach not good enough for the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Congrats to him; Tillspin & Kenty maybe made a real sharp move here - had to do something quick with their former OC leaving.
    Fair point. But this has to at least be a positive step for CIS coaches in general I would guess.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Paul might not recall "stories" about Greg Marshall deserving to be fired - maybe not here - but I assure you there were tons of them on CFL fan forums - along the lines of no nothing Canadian coach not good enough for the CFL.
    Good that you put "stories" in quotes. Fan posts on forums are not even remotely comparable to what I believe most people consider stories: reporting produced by journalists. I don't believe a single journalist ever wrote Marshall "just wasn't ready for the oh so sophisticated CFL - being a Canadian and all." Which is a much different statement than he "deserved to be fired."