Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
Well that was as ugly as it gets.

I think Western would have won big regardless, but this was a bad week for the CIS/U Sports. Major P.R. disaster.
It was certainly ugly as Acadia is literally and figuratively out of its league in playing Western, although playing on short rest after having to play St. Marys on Tuesday probably contributed to the 81-3 margin.

The Western Mustangs set a Uteck Bowl record for points as their vaunted rushing attack dominated the Acadia Axemen in an 81-3 victory on Saturday.
Western amassed 451 yards on the ground and starting running back Cedric Jones rushed 13 times for 100 yards and three touchdowns to give him 10 touchdowns in his team’s three post-season games.
“It’s easy when I’ve got a monstrous O-line in front of me,” said Jones. “I’m going to have to give kudos to them, they’re really making my job a whole lot easier.”
Jones stepped into the starter’s role when Alex Taylor suffered a knee injury. He thinks a strong running game is the team’s legacy and he and fellow running backs Trey Humes and Yannick Harou get more than enough action to keep them all happy.
“We’re a hard-nosed, old-school, run-the-ball-down-your-throat type of offence,” Jones said. “We all kind of fit into that mould and we complement each other real nice.”
http://3downnation.com/2017/11/18/we...1-rout-acadia/