Former Stampeder receiver Jabari Arthur is the new University of Calgary Dinos receivers coach.

“I’m like a rookie that’s just excited to get on the field and run around a little bit, that’s definitely me,” said Jabari Arthur, the Dinos’ new receivers coach. ...
Arthur, who played seven seasons in the CFL with the Calgary Stampeders (he was briefly a Winnipeg Blue Bomber), assumes the position vacated by Justin Chapdelaine, who joins his father Jacques’ staff as receivers coach with the Montreal Alouettes.
“I’m really, really fortunate that I had a chance to come in and do spring ball,” the 34-year-old said. “But just like the new guys are coming in and everything is fast-paced and they’re going to have work really hard for the game to slow down, it’s kind of the same thing for me also. It’s my first go-around ever as a real coach with a unit and learning the offence. So it was a little bit fast-paced for me, but the coaching staff have been absolutely awesome with me.

“But the preparation … I couldn’t even imagine how much goes into one practice. That’s something I’m really enjoying, I feel like I’m back in the hunt again, chasing something.”
The timing of this opportunity was quite serendipitous.
“I was jogging off a football field and physically ran into the offensive coordinator, Ryan Sheahan,” Arthur said. “I was about to say ‘watch where you’re going’. But we started talking, we e-mailed each other, he said there was an opportunity here so I essentially said I would love to have the opportunity to coach with you guys and here I am. Living here in the city, playing with the Stamps, pretty much sharing the same field, they’re almost like our little brothers. We have a lot of guys on the Stamps who played with the Dinos so I’ve always followed them. They’re a great organization, one of the top in the country every year, and I didn’t hesitate.”
http://calgaryherald.com/sports/foot...ns-dinos-staff