Two exciting, hard fought, down to the wire National quarter-final games:

Laval win over Montreal in another close, tough game between the 2 Q powerhouses. Carabins had the ball on the Laval 37 (i think it was) in the last minute but chose to try a pass instead of going for a game tying FG (???).

Calgary beats UBC on a last play 59 yard FG (!!! - new CIS ball record i believe) - in a high-scoring shoot-out.

Western blows out Laurier in The Yates and IMO looks like the Vanier favorite - powerhouse offence with a very good QB in Merchant, big, strong O-line and a powerful running attack (Cedric Joseph was dominant this game with their #1 back Alex Taylor out - he might be back next game) - they are a ground heavy offence but can still do damage with the pass; i was also quite impressed with some of their D play-makers - LBs Vanin, Sopik & Poulin in particular; but their secondary might be hurt by a strong passing game that the Dinos have.

What a joke/farce that the AUS title gets handed to Acadia because of an inelligible player by SMU thing. Acadia might get slaughtered by Western but you never know with one game - at home and they had the best run defence in the AUS.

Also - what a joke/farce that all these big CIS ball play-off games are not on National TV and promoted/hyped. I got to watch the Ontario game on CHCH; but did not have the French TVA in my sat. package to get to watch the Q title game; the West Hardy Cup was not on TV that i could tell; neither would have the AUS title game if it was played. Meanhwile, I could probably have watched a half dozen or more US college ball games on TV today. Sad/pathetic - the lack or respect for Canadian football by a lot of the media in it's own country.