Two sisters have made a major contribution to the Regina Riot of the Western Women's Canadian Football League and are set to play in the Women's World Championship: QB Aimee and WR Alex Kowalski.

Both Aimee and Alex are getting set to participate in the 2017 Women’s World Championship in June with team Canada – the first time they’ve played together at the international level.
“She’s not very big,” Aimee said of Alex’s small stature. “She’s only 5-foot-2 so being as easy to throw to as she is is a feat in itself compared to some of the 6-foot-1, 6-foot-2 receivers. We generally are known for our longer passes because she has a lot of speed.”
(Note: Check out this 75-yard touchdown pass from Aimee to Alex during a game versus the Saskatoon Valkyries back in 2015.)
The six-game event is just the third of its kind and will take place for the first time in Canada in Langley, B.C. Canada has runnered up in both the 2010 and 2013 championships. The team, Alex and Aimee – who participated in the 2013 championship where Canada lost the gold medal game to the United States – will be looking to win their first gold medal on home soil.
“I’ve always played sports to win,” Aimee professed. “I’ve never really been the recreational player. I’ve always done what I needed to do to prepare and you learn a little bit more when you’re preparing for something like this and actually realizing how far the little things go or even the psychological preparation, like visualization, really go a long way when you’re in a competition at this level.”
According to Kim Wudrick, President of Football Canada, having Alex, Aimee and the rest of the women named to the Canadian team participate in the championship will help to shine a light on the ever-growing tackle football events and leagues across the country.
“Hosting the Women’s World Championships is a great honour,” Wudrick said in a news release in February. “To do so during Canada’s 150 birthday is a tremendous way to celebrate our nation’s long football history as well as to promote the growth of women’s tackle football in Canada. I look forward to cheering Canada on alongside a loud and proud hometown crowd this summer.”
http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/08/sister-...-championship/