Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Despite having Andrew Harris, Nik Lewis and Brad Sinopoli at a flag football clinic for young girls, the girls focused more of the female players of the WCFL, perhaps suggesting that football is expanding beyond its typical borders.

Many of the young girls that had taken part in the flag football clinic at Evraz Place gravitated to a trio of Regina Riot players, asking the members of the women’s tackle football team to sign their t-shirts. When it was all said and done, that trio of women was busier than Harris, Lewis and Sinopoli were, still signing as the CFLers left the field and waited for a co-ed clinic to start shortly after.

The clinic had girls from 10-15 and had all of the established football players teaching the basics of the game: footwork, ball protection and one-on-one drills for about 90 minutes.
    “It’s a huge opportunity,” said Riot slotback Claire Dore, who has been with the team since it was formed here seven years ago. “Any time we have an opportunity to volunteer and we have an opportunity to talk about football, show excitement for football, especially women’s football, it’s great for us.
    “It’s great for us to have the Riot’s name (out there) but to show young ladies that football is something that’s accessible for them and that there are places they can go and play.”
    Also on hand to deliver a similar message was Alouettes assistant general manager Catherine Raiche. She spoke to the girls at the end of the clinic and told them about her climb through the organization.
    A lawyer for three years before she joined the team in 2015 as a volunteer, she was eventually hired to help manage the team’s salary cap, structured player contracts and handled the team’s travel arrangements. The message was brief, but powerful.
    “This is what I always wanted to do,” she told the group. “I kept on working hard, working hard, working hard.
    “I started and I volunteered, unpaid I was helping out with basic stuff: Driving cars, driving players around, really basic stuff. I got a contract, I worked for them. And now I just got promoted to assistant general manager, football ops.”
    http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/28/oleary-...nder-barriers/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Until today, I didn't even realize that there was a women's football league in the Maritimes, let alone that it is the oldest women's tackle league in Canada, having been founded in 2004.

The MWFL is the first women’s tackle football league in Canada. We are a competitive, recreational league that welcomes players of all skill levels and backgrounds.

We have 4 teams: the Moncton Vipers, the Capital Area Lady Gladiators, the Saint John Storm and the Halifax Xplosion.

We are excited that women’s football is growing in Canada and invite you to like our page!

In supporting our league, you are actively supporting the inclusion of women and young girls in a non-traditional sport and breaking down barriers and stereotypes.

Did you know?

- We play May through July -- Summer road trips!!
    - There are Junior Girls teams in NB!!
    - 23 players from our league were selected to compete on the 2010 National Canadian Women’s Tackle Football Team in the inaugural IFAF Women’s World Championship.

https://www.facebook.com/MaritimeWomensFootballLeague/