Closed Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hoffman-Ellis traded by the Ticats to the Eskimos for a conditional 8th round pick in 2018 CFL draft.

I guess Austin's happy with his linebackers. Ellis can play mike and will, so Eskimos could use him and maybe put Lacey at sam.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Update there with regards to CFL team and NI starters: I wuz shocked/stunned to see the RedBlacks go with 9 NI starters in the opening game (3 interior O-linemen + Sinopoli AND last year's draft pick Jake Harty (taking the receiver spot held by import Mo Price last season) = 5 on offence; and then 3 NI D-linemen (Evans & Connor Williams at DT, plus Gascon-Nadon (replacing Capiciotti) + Pruneau at OLB = 4 on D; not only that - Ettore Lattanzio (my Beer Store buddy) got some reps at DT too, as did Lavoie at H-back, and LaFrance at RB (scored a nice TD) ! At least 12 NIs played on O & D ???

WTF are HC Campbell & GM Desjardins thinking there ??? - they could have easily handed a couple of those starting spots to imports (a receiver, a D-lineman). And they upset the defending Champ Esks at home in doing so ? = non-gob bizzarre. ;o) Meanwhile - the Esks went with the basic 7 minimum NIs starting/playing (3 NI starting receivers is pretty non-typical now though). SUCH a "luxury" though to have 11 imports on the D - that really helped shut-down the Ottawa O and limit them to so few points. ;o)

Update here - Ottawa continue to start 9 NIs - and are undefeated in doing so; Argos go to 9 NI starters and win 2 straight in doing so.

WTF ? - "ratio problems" ? ;o) Somebody here start a Riderfans. theme poll calling for reducing the number of NIs in the league or maybe eliminating that damn, nuisance ratio alltogether. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Update here - Ottawa continue to start 9 NIs - and are undefeated in doing so; Argos go to 9 NI starters and win 2 straight in doing so.

WTF ? - "ratio problems" ? ;o) Somebody here start a Riderfans. theme poll calling for reducing the number of NIs in the league or maybe eliminating that damn, nuisance ratio alltogether. ;o)
    Sshhhhhhhhhhh...... Not so loud Don't let others in on the secret ;o

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Sshhhhhhhhhhh...... Not so loud Don't let others in on the secret ;o
    Yeah, you're both right. Chris Jones has no idea what he's doing. Damn his turning a 4-14 Eskimos team into 12-6 in year 1 and a Grey Cup in year 2.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Yeah, you're both right. Chris Jones has no idea what he's doing. Damn his turning a 4-14 Eskimos team into 12-6 in year 1 and a Grey Cup in year 2.

Yeah - Jones should be automatically inducted into the CFL and Pro Football HOF in the inscrutable genius coaching category - along with Tom (Ned Flanders) Higgins, Danny (Garden Gnome) Maciocia, Scott Millanovich and all others from coaching staffs who have managed to win a GC in an 8 or 9 team league, in umpteen seasons of getting to try. ;o)

Unfortunately, you don't get the point of a hell of a lot of posts here - as indicated by your rush to defend any of your fave CFL guys from the outrageous slings & arrows they face here. Damn know nothing couch potato football fans posting on a fan forum - why the nerve.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    A little early for Chris Jones to be heading to the HOF lol, but he has had some pretty solid defences and did really well with Edmonton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    A little early for Chris Jones to be heading to the HOF lol, but he has had some pretty solid defences and did really well with Edmonton.

Jones ISN'T the point here; but I guess pointing out that there is (IMO) plenty of Canadian talent to stock the CFL and how a couple of CFL teams have recently had success deploying more Canadians than usual is an insult to the football genius of Chris Jones? Jones is free to deploy as few (miniumum #) of Canadian players as the ratio allows for his CFL team; and certain CFL fans (one particular forum a glaring example of this) & media commentators are free to (and quite often do) bitch and moan about the cliched "ratio problem", call for the ratio to be reduced or generally denigrate the Canadian talent pool available to the Canadian Football League. And I believe I'm free to take the opposite stand - supporting or pointing out Canadian/NI/"National" talent.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah - Jones should be automatically inducted into the CFL and Pro Football HOF in the inscrutable genius coaching category - along with Tom (Ned Flanders) Higgins, Danny (Garden Gnome) Maciocia, Scott Millanovich and all others from coaching staffs who have managed to win a GC in an 8 or 9 team league, in umpteen seasons of getting to try. ;o)

Unfortunately, you don't get the point of a hell of a lot of posts here - as indicated by your rush to defend any of your fave CFL guys from the outrageous slings & arrows they face here. Damn know nothing couch potato football fans posting on a fan forum - why the nerve.
    There is no point to the majority of your posts. Your posts suggest that a coach will deliberately start an American that is inferior to a Canadian strictly based on bias. That is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, you go on and on about how Pruneau and Capicotti are the best in the league at their positions, and though they are good, they are clearly not the best. Pruneau looked brutal getting beat by McDaniel the other night, and Capicotti is MIA so far this year. Small sample size, but I already know your pre determined excuse if it continues. It's Chris Jones fault as he has no idea how to use Capicotti.
    Last edited by AngeloV; 07-10-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I mean, you of on and on about how Pruneau and Capicotti are the best in the league at their positions, and though they are good, they are clearly not the best. Pruneau looked brutal getting beat by McDaniel the other night, and Capicotti is MIA so far this year. Small sample size, but I already know your pre determined excuse if it continues. It's Chris Jones fault as he has no idea how to use Capicotti.
    I agree to an extent Angelo. IMO Pruneau is nowhere near elite; he gets beat far too often to be considered elite or the best. I'd put Capicciotti in my top 5 though; IMO he's very good at creating pressure and getting to the QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.630ched.com/2016/07/10/es...-roster-moves/

Hoffman ellis out 12-16 weeks with torn bicep and Thomas Demarco released. TBH, I'm actually shocked Demarco stuck around for this long.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree to an extent Angelo. IMO Pruneau is nowhere near elite; he gets beat far too often to be considered elite or the best. I'd put Capicciotti in my top 5 though; IMO he's very good at creating pressure and getting to the QB.
    He may have been a bit better against the Eskimos, but was a total no show against the Argos last week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    There is no point to the majority of your posts. Your posts suggest that a coach will deliberately start an American that is inferior to a Canadian strictly based on bias. That is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, you go on and on about how Pruneau and Capicotti are the best in the league at their positions, and though they are good, they are clearly not the best. Pruneau looked brutal getting beat by McDaniel the other night, and Capicotti is MIA so far this year. Small sample size, but I already know your pre determined excuse if it continues. It's Chris Jones fault as he has no idea how to use Capicotti.

???

Could you maybe dig up the posts here where I claimed Pruneau & Capicotti were "best in the league at their positions" ? Did I read you say here in a recent thread that your guy Condredge was the greatest QB in the history of football? No? - would you like it if I claimed you said that?

Pruneau & Cap are IMO examples of fine young Canadian talent - impact starters on D, and at positions where CFL gobs traditionally like to start imports; the Argos have a couple of their own examples in Greenwood & Miles. And Pruneau - a cover OLB (or any DB in general) getting beat deep for a TD pass ??? - OMG - stop the presses - never seen that happen before = cut the bum and put in an American instead ?

Getting back to the point that you are either trying to ignore or spin away with bogus claims or else just don't understand or accept - the RedBlacks and the Argos are 2 CFL teams that have recently started 9 NIs - as opposed to typical gob 7 only need apply behavior - and are undefeated in doing so. Not that this proves much IMO, but it maybe suggests that some CFL teams have plenty of Canadian talent, and that the 7 only need apply thinking is not an automatic formula for CFL success. There's plenty of NI talent out there, and some teams will deploy/use more than others - the Argos could IMO easily be starting 10 NIs if Bulcke/Waud were healthy. Maybe this bothers your Americans first/better or "ratio problem" CFL thinking you've been told/sold, but, too bad. Sorry for insulting your CFL gob deep thinkers like Kenty or ego-Jones - we shall see how they fare as the season rolls on with their ingrained little use for Canadian talent thinking - maybe they both go to the GC again - possible in a 9 team league ? ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Hoffman ellis out 12-16 weeks with torn bicep and Thomas Demarco released. TBH, I'm actually shocked Demarco stuck around for this long.
    This makes the James Franklin trade rumours from a couple of weeks back even more perplexing.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    ???

Could you maybe dig up the posts here where I claimed Pruneau & Capicotti were "best in the league at their positions" ? Did I read you say here in a recent thread that your guy Condredge was the greatest QB in the history of football? No? - would you like it if I claimed you said that?

Pruneau & Cap are IMO examples of fine young Canadian talent - impact starters on D, and at positions where CFL gobs traditionally like to start imports; the Argos have a couple of their own examples in Greenwood & Miles. And Pruneau - a cover OLB (or any DB in general) getting beat deep for a TD pass ??? - OMG - stop the presses - never seen that happen before = cut the bum and put in an American instead ?

Getting back to the point that you are either trying to ignore or spin away with bogus claims or else just don't understand or accept - the RedBlacks and the Argos are 2 CFL teams that have recently started 9 NIs - as opposed to typical gob 7 only need apply behavior - and are undefeated in doing so. Not that this proves much IMO, but it maybe suggests that some CFL teams have plenty of Canadian talent, and that the 7 only need apply thinking is not an automatic formula for CFL success. There's plenty of NI talent out there, and some teams will deploy/use more than others - the Argos could IMO easily be starting 10 NIs if Bulcke/Waud were healthy. Maybe this bothers your Americans first/better or "ratio problem" CFL thinking you've been told/sold, but, too bad. Sorry for insulting your CFL gob deep thinkers like Kenty or ego-Jones - we shall see how they fare as the season rolls on with their ingrained little use for Canadian talent thinking - maybe they both go to the GC again - possible in a 9 team league ? ;o)
    You may not have said they are the best in the league at their positions, but you compare them to others that you always refer to as being mediocre. I just think you overdo slamming other players in order to get your point across over and over again. And we've been through this before. I cheer for Canadian players to do well. Pruneau is a very good player, and admittedly I took a cheap shot at him.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Pruneau is a linebacker not a DB, he's not expected to run down field with a receiver like McDaniels that was a blown coverage.
    Ottawa is starting 9 NIs only because of injury, as soon as Hopkins is off the injured list next week and the new 300 pound "D" lineman - Cohen learns the Cdn game then both will be starting and the NIs go to backup
    They've done a pretty good job but the criticism in Ottawa is that the "D" line is not getting any pressure on the QB.
    But I like the way they completely shut down Messam Friday night, he only picked up 32 yards. It was expected that the big fast Messam would run over the Ottawa "D" line

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    Pruneau is a linebacker not a DB, he's not expected to run down field with a receiver like McDaniels that was a blown coverage.
    You obviously have no clue what the strong side linebacker's duties are. It's a DB lining up as a LB in today's football. I think Don Matthews was the first to do this when he moved Don Wilson there in the 90's. On on overload to their side they essentially become DB's covering the slotback closest to the QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.tsn.ca/eskimos-sign-inter...baggs-1.524991

With the injury to Hoffman Ellis; the Eskimos sign Donnie Baggs. Eskimos looking for a potential replacement for Sherritt ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Demarco has been stealing money for years. He is awful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Not this year you shouldn't.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    ???

So this is praise for American coaches Milanovich and Campbell, correct?