Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
Receivers like an SJ Green do drop passes but what is his overall production rate like? For every dropped pass, how many catches and yards is he raking in? Some players aren't as productive and when they drop passes and offer little to the offence, then they become replaceable. Someone like a Sam Giguere really shouldn't get as many opportunities as he has, and Mike Jones shouldn't start. They don't produce at a rate as someone like an SJ Green or whomever.
I agree. And guys like Jones (has he been demoted - in his 2nd season of ultra limited opportunity in terms of passes thrown his way?) or Giguere (still a little used 5th receiver type in his 2 CFL team stops) could/should be replaced for weak production - even it is in fairly limited opportunity, IMO. And you're singling out a couple of Canadian receivers, which is fine with me; but is it not OK for me to single out weak hands, limited talent American receivers ("whomever" ?) who have dropped passes galore or offer little in YAC or big play ability - many examples to go to there - and who get significant CFL playing time and continue to rate more with other teams in the league even after they show limited ability? That's the part I don't get.