Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Great to see. We had a cool talk in '95 at a wrestling show I was working and he just loved the fact that I wanted to talk more football than wrestling.
    He still haunts the memories of BC Lions fans for his hit on Willie Fleming in the 1963 Grey Cup that put him out of the game and seemed to leave him never the same as an RB. I'm not commenting on the hit, just on the fact you can still get a rise of old BC Lions fans by just mentioning it (I didn't live here then). The article below is also a comment on how the media can manufacture an image for you, whether you deserve it or not.

Back in 1964, Angelo Mosca was the most hated man in Canadian football.
    Thursday, in Hamilton, he becomes only the second player to have his jersey retired in Tiger-Cat history when the team plays Montreal.
    In 1964, the CBC's acclaimed news-magazine program This Hour Has Seven Days aired a 10-minute documentary about Mosca. It was "a behind the scenes study of the meanest man in the game." Nowhere was Mosca more hated than in B.C.. In the 1963 Grey Cup game, Mosca knocked out star running back Willie Fleming with a hit that many in the province called dirty.
    In the documentary, Mosca says, "I created an image and everyone thinks I'm dirty. There's no such thing as dirty play unless you're kicking people in the face."
    Mosca was accused of kicking Fleming in the head while he lay on the field. You can see the hit in the first few seconds of the video on this page and judge for yourself. Dirty or not, it led to a grudge that continued until 2011 when Mosca and former Lions quarterback Joe Kapp, both well into their '70s at the time, got into a fight at a CFL Alumni Association charity luncheon.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...game-1.3205807

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    He still haunts the memories of BC Lions fans for his hit on Willie Fleming in the 1963 Grey Cup that put him out of the game and seemed to leave him never the same as an RB. I'm not commenting on the hit, just on the fact you can still get a rise of old BC Lions fans by just mentioning it (I didn't live here then). The article below is also a comment on how the media can manufacture an image for you, whether you deserve it or not.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...game-1.3205807

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Joe Kapp hasn't forgiven him either.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022