Interestin' - UBC with both Nill & Ptaszek running things should be a powerful CIS team - both proven winners and they have that very good QB to work with. Ptaszek has shown to be a very smart and diverse offensive coach in CIS ball and has at least gained some experience working on a CFL staff now (even if it was more a coffee fetch role for Kenty).

They might be just CIS guys who never get a CFL shot to run a team there; but have to wonder about the pieces being in place in BC. Mr. Ed and good ole Wally will be running the Lions now, and maybe they will do OK, but I'm not so sure. Braley going to sell the team eventually; and if a new owner wants to make changes if Mr. Ed & Wally lose lots and the fan base continues to be iffy or disinterested ?

Love to see a new Lions owner down the road give Nill & Ptaszek the shot to turn things around there as opposed to same old GOBs getting the call. There is also former long-time. CFL player Doug Hocking who has been a successful coach in BC Junior ball for some time. Those 3 = the makings of a maybe very good CFL staff (not sure if Nill would coach or be more a GM type); or at least a change from same old recycled GOBs, and a chance for some very qualified and experienced Canadian football people - who are in place in BC now - to get to run a CFL team. Wether any of those guys would have any interest if called - i really don't know - but the challenge and some buck$ might speak loudly.

Possible scenario - the Lions bomb badly next season, Nill & Ptaszek win the Vanier, and a new owner who isn't a GOB dupe turns to them to run the Lions (and they recruit Hocking as well). Maybe i'm having a BC hydro pipe dream though. ;o)