Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Ticats add Vernon Adams to their QB stable - in the flip with Charleston Hughes.

Adams is IMO a very good, promising QB talent - has showed some stuff in some CFL action.

Ticats just don't need Johnny Superstar with Masoli & Adams there, IMO. Hopefully they say good riddance to that clown; but nothing would surprise me.

And Capicciotti has been one of the most under-rated players in the CFL for some time IMO; ended up close to the league lead in tackles by a D-lineman last year - and he wasn't even playing full time reps early in the season when they had Chick; they also have last year's top pick Connor McGough to back-up / platoon with Cap at DE. And the Ticats also - last season - signed former CIS star (Metras winner) Ben D'Aguliar after he was cut by the Stamps - where he was never more than a special teamer - for added DE depth.

Not sure if the Ticats will be able to re-sign FA star DT Ted Laurent? - but they still have on their roster 3 former draft pick DTs - Atkinson, Gill and Vaughn ( the former 2 have had injury issues though). Loaded at NI DT as well ? Might be another classic CFL example of a team that seems to have plenty of talent/depth at a specific position where they could easily start NIs there - but not if they are not part of the pencilled-in GOB 7 only ? Gotta have good ole "NI depth" though. ;o)
    Last edited by OV Argo; 02-02-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Ticats add Vernon Adams to their QB stable - in the flip with Charleston Hughes.

Adams is IMO a very good, promising QB talent - has showed some stuff in some CFL action.

Ticats just don't need Johnny Superstar with Masoli & Adams there, IMO. Hopefully they say good riddance to that clown; but nothing would surprise me.

And Capicciotti has been one of the most under-rated players in the CFL for some time IMO; ended up close to the league lead in tackles by a D-lineman last year - and he wasn't even playing full time reps early in the season when they had Chick; they also have last year's top pick Connor McGough to back-up / platoon with Cap at DE. And the Ticats also - last season - signed former CIS star (Metras winner) Ben D'Aguliar after he was cut by the Stamps - where he was never more than a special teamer - for added DE depth.

Not sure if the Ticats will be able to re-sign FA star DT Ted Laurent? - but they still have on their roster 3 former draft pick DTs - Atkinson, Gill and Vaughn ( the former 2 have had injury issues though). Loaded at NI DT as well ? Might be another classic CFL example of a team that seems to have plenty of talent/depth at a specific position where they could easily start NIs there - but not if they are not part of the pencilled-in GOB 7 only ? Gotta have good ole "NI depth" though. ;o)
    With Cappiciotti and Charleston they two top DEs, so it looks like they are preparing to let Laurent go to save money for other positions.
    I also agree they are far better off with Adams who has some potential but may not turn out, than with the headaches associated with Manziel.
    Last edited by jerrym; 02-03-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    With Cappiciotti and Charleston they two top Des, so it looks like they are preparing to let Laurent go to save money for other positions.
    I also agree they are far better off with Adams who has some potential but may not turn out, than with the headaches associated with Manziel.
    Hughes was shipped off to the Riders for Adams, Jerry.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Hughes was shipped off to the Riders for Adams, Jerry.
    Yah, I just realized that and was about to correct my post.
    Adams has potential to be a respectable QB in my opinion and could be more valuable long-term than an aging Hughes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Jeff Hamilton criticizes the Tiger Cats and the CFL for failing to contact Johnny Manziel's ex-girlfriend about his behaviour and personality. Both need to get at better at dealing with these issues.

Hamilton’s story says that neither the league or the team has reached out to Crowley as part of their “due diligence” on Manziel and also outlines why that’s a significant oversight, according to experts. It also features an incredibly damning quote Crowley. From the story:
    If Manziel had shown remorse by issuing an apology to Crowley or shown some accountability by openly taking responsibility for his choices, it would have been significant, as those are described by evaluators as two of the most telling signs an accused is on the right track to changing his behaviour. Had the CFL reached out to Manziel’s victim, they would have found out neither of those signs was present.
    “At first, I felt that I needed an apology to help me process the assault. When it wasn’t forthcoming, and I had more time to process his destructive nature, I realized that he needed the remorse in order to heal,” Crowley said. “He won’t change due to his denial of the events, his DNA, and the enablers he surrounds himself with. Me? I’m stronger now.”
    Hamilton also speaks with Tod Augusta-Scott, a highly-regarded domestic violence counsellor and researcher, who explains why speaking to Crowley would have been an important step in the process.
    “Part of what I’m looking for in a guy is humility about the change process, that he’s able to put himself in his partner’s shoes, to show empathy,” Augusta-Scott said in a phone interview. “If a guy that can’t deal with the shame of the whole thing, minimizing the seriousness of the abuse or denying it all outright, those would be all warning signs, for sure.”

When informed Crowley hadn’t participated in the Manziel case, and nor was she invited to, Augusta-Scott simply stated: “That’s a big problem… If they haven’t reached out to the victim, even to see what’s going on with her, he’s not being invited to actually face the consequences and the effects of what he’s done.”

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/03/jo...uctive-nature/