Level

Thread for the Team that Cannot Be Named

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Yah, it was quite the love-in on the Marsh & Milton show on TSN 1150 Hamilton today about his new position.
    Ah, good for him. It's good to see someone excited about a role in the CFL.
    I will say that he's lucky to be paired with Coach Sal on those broadcasts. That guy knows his football!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Let's hope the Argos give him games that live in his nightmares for years on June 11th, June 23rd, September 5th, and September 11th.

Why I love my new job as Ticats play-by play man

From the moment I learned what football was when I was eight years old I've been impersonating the voices behind the action. The broadcasters who describe the x's and o's, set the table and raise the excitement level of your favourite teams best moments and most crippling defeats.

I always admired Al Michaels' calm demeanour in the games biggest moments, Pat Summerall's fun-loving yet understated approach and Chris Cuthbert's ability to ALWAYS paint the picture in such a vivid way that based on his voice alone you could see the game in your sleep later that night.

All these men and many more were, and continue to be idols of mine. They were the voices that taught me what football was and helped grow my understanding to where it is today.

I can't wait to be that voice for Tiger-Cats fans in 2016 and beyond
    http://www.marshallferguson.com/#!Wh...f2e3d0cf2639ac

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ha, great thread title!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Great move. He knows sports and is easy to listen to. Pairing him with Salivantis will be good. I think Marsh is an up and coming talent for TSN.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yeah McNamara was let go awhile ago, which good move by the Ticats and TSN 1150 IMO. If Ferguson was the individual who called a game last season when McNamara was sick; they made another good decision.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Great move. He knows sports and is easy to listen to. Pairing him with Salivantis will be good. I think Marsh is an up and coming talent for TSN.
    Yah I agree. He could be doing the TSN CFL broadcasts down the road. Taking over for the great Rod Black eventually. The fact that he has actually played the game doesn't hurt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Tiger Cats have signed DL Zach Anderson and Kevin Dixon.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday that the team has signed international free agent defensive linemen Zach Anderson and Kevin Dixon. Both players attended the Tiger-Cats mini-camp in April.
    Anderson, 26, started 16 games at defensive tackle for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2015, registering a career-high 32 defensive tackles. In 40 career CFL games (29 starts) with Winnipeg since 2013, the 6-3, 295-pound native of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, has recorded 81 defensive tackles, three tackles for loss, 10 quarterback sacks and two fumble recoveries. Prior to joining the Blue Bombers, Anderson played college football at Northern Michigan where he was named first team All-GLIAC as a senior after finishing the season with 40 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, one sack and one interception.
    Dixon, 29, played nine games with the Calgary Stampeders in 2011, posting 14 defensive tackles and two quarterback sacks. After missing the 2012 and 2013 CFL seasons due to injury, Dixon attended training camp with the Stampeders in 2014 before being released. The 6-2, 260-pound native of Sebring, Florida, played one season at both the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2008) and Troy University (2009) before spending time with the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks in 2010.
    http://ticats.ca/?p=32941

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    More on former McMaster QB becoming play-by-play man for the Tiger Cats.

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/...-play-by-play/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ticats have signed kickers Cody Mandell and Brett Maher.
    http://3downnation.com/2016/05/19/ti...r-brett-maher/

Always felt that Maher has a strong leg; just needs more consistency in his field goal kicking.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Ha, great thread title!
    OH! OH! CAN I NAME THE TEAM?? PLEEEEAASE??

Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Yeah, I like Marsh. He knows his sports, and has a natural voice for the radio. My only problem is his problematic analogies which leave me scratching my head. Coach Sal is always good. Could never do TV as he sounds like a funeral director, but his analysis is always bang-on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    Coach Sal is always good. Could never do TV as he sounds like a funeral director, but his analysis is always bang-on.
    LOL!
    I have less of a problem with his voice as I do with his southern accent.
    But his football knowledge and analysis are top notch!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post

Coach Sal is always good. Could never do TV as he sounds like a funeral director, but his analysis is always bang-on.
    I think he sounds like Hank Hill from King of the Hill. I'm almost waiting for him to start talking about propane and propane accessories.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://ticats.ca/ticats-unveil-new-c...hortons-field/

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have unveiled plans for a new fan bar service space at Tim Hortons Field, named the Coors Banquet Bar, opening prior to the upcoming season. The new space will be the second branded space that Hamilton Tiger-Cats and their partner, Molson Coors Canada, have collaborated to create at Tim Hortons Field after the Coors Light Patio which launched in 2014. The Coors Light Patio has become a center piece at Tim Hortons Field; part of what is widely recognized as the best live entertainment experience in Canada. Much like its predecessor, the new space promises to be amongst the most popular gathering places for fans of any venue in the Canadian Football League.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Still getting used to Chad Owens at Tiger Cat TC.
    When he shows up for Hamilton Tiger-Cats training camp this weekend, when all CFL camps will get underway, the Flyin' Hawaiian will assume a background role as he gets adjusted to playing for his former arch rival.
    “I'm excited to come in and see what that locker-room is about and not really try to come in and voice my (opinion),” Owens said. “I'm going to be a spectator. I'm going to sit back, and I'm going to observe and just let my actions do their thing and do what I do.
    “I'm going to try to earn the respect of my new teammates just by doing what I do, man, and that's putting in work. I just work. I go to work every day. I show up. I love what I do, and I do it at a high level.”
    Owens had a career worst 570 receiving yards last season in 13 games, but in 2014 he hauled in 989 yards worth of passes in just 11 contests. The Argos introduced a boatload of talented but immature young receivers last off-season, and they gobbled up most of the targets and yards. Toronto felt it didn't need Owens anymore, because it didn't even offer a contract to him when he became a free agent in February.
    The Ticats scooped him up at a relatively discounted rate, and it allowed Owens to keep his family in southern Ontario.
    “I'm doing what I love still, and my kids still get to watch me play ball,” Owens said, “so I'm excited.”
    The 34-year-old may not be as fast as he once was, but his leaping, one handed touchdown catch against the RedBlacks late last season proved he still has a little bit of game left in him.
    As for where the CFL's 2012 most outstanding player will fit into the Ticats receiving corps, that remains to be seen. The Tabbies lost two starting pass catchers during the winter in Bakari Grant, who signed with Calgary as a free agent, and Terrell Sinkfield, who joined the NFL's Minnesota Vikings.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/24...ith-tiger-cats

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Cats have great depth at LB.

The leader of the Tiger-Cats linebacking corps and reining Eastern Division’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player, Simoni Lawrence, is back to anchor the unit that averaged only 21.7 points against last season. However, with Erik Harris heading to the NFL and Taylor Reed departing for the Calgary Stampeders, Hamilton’s starters at the position will have a different look overall.
    Lawrence finished second on the team’s tackles list with 80 last season, adding five quarterback sacks, two fumble recoveries and two interceptions. He will anchor a young linebacker group and as many Ticats know, will be sure to make his voice heard this season.
    The signing of Alex Hoffman-Ellis during the free agency period in the off-season will add depth and experience to the Tiger-Cats linebacker group, as well as on special teams. Hoffman-Ellis finished his season will the Lions with 57 tackles and 8 special teams tackles.
    With the depth the Ticats have in the defensive secondary, Johnny Sears Jr. may fill the outside linebacker position opposite Simoni Lawrence. Having already spent time at the linebacker position, the coaching staff will be confident in Sears filling the role should he be asked to move positions. Sears played all three defensive back positions as well as linebacker while playing for Winnipeg.
    Troy Davis may get slotted into a middle linebacker role after taking reps at the position during the team’s mini-camp last month. Previously listed as a defensive lineman, the 6’2, 250-pounder will bring bulk in the middle. Davis spent his time at Central Florida playing both on the line as well as the linebacker position so it’ll be a great opportunity for him to showcase his versatility.
    Long time NFLer, Larry Dean, joins the Tiger-Cats. During four years playing for the Vikings and Bills of the NFL, Dean tallied 37 combined tackles and two forced fumbles. Dean will likely compete for the middle linebacker position along with Davis when training camp begins on May 29.
    Canadian talent will not be lacking with six nationals listed heading into training camp, many of whom have already spent time impressing the coaching staff on special teams. Training camp will provide the Canadian born linebackers ample opportunity to compete for a starting role when the 2016 season kicks off in Toronto at BMO Field, on June 23.
    Fredrick Plesius showed a lot on special teams during his third season with the Ticats in 2015. Plesius would be finished the season with 19 special teams tackles, ranking him first in that team category.
    Former Western Mustang, Beau Landry, will look to add to his performance from last year as he enters his third CFL season. Landry ranked second on the team in special teams tackles, tallying up 14 special teams tackles.
    Bryon Archambault was Hamilton’s first draft selection of the 2015 CFL Draft being selected in the second round with the 17th overall pick. The Montreal native dressed for nine games for his rookie campaign on route to making six special teams tackles. Arhcambault will be coming off of an injury so may not participate in training camp but will likely be available in time for the season opener.
    http://ticats.ca/preseason-primer-linebacker/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Although Hamilton has C J Gable and promising Mercer Timmis, they don't have a lot of depth at RB.

When it comes to pass protection from the backfield, C.J. Gable is arguably one of the best at picking up the blitz in the CFL. Heading into training camp, Gable is back from injury and is the suspected starter. He looks to rebound from a 2015 campaign where he missed 13 games. Gable started in all five games that he dressed for, rushing for 293 yards and posting a 6.2 yards per rush average off 47 carries. He also showed his versatility in the pass game having 10 receptions for 82 yards. As long as he’s able to stay healthy, he’ll likely improve on his numbers from last season.
    Kent Austin and his staff used their second round pick on Calgary Dinos product, Mercer Timmis. Timmis played four seasons at the University of Calgary, posting 392 carries for 2,987 yards and 43 touchdowns in his CIS career. Some Ticats’ fans might remember Brian Timmis Stadium, which was named after Mercer’s grandfather. Timmis brings a versatile skill set that just adds to the growing amount of talent the Tiger-Cats coaching staff have to work with.
    Michael Ford dressed in six games for the Tiger-Cats in 2015, while also getting three starts near the end of the season as a result of injuries. Ford showcased his dual threat ability having 33 carries for 186 yards last season to go along with nine receptions for 86 yards.
    Anthony Woodson returns for his fifth season in the CFL. Having spent most of his career mainly on special teams, 2015 brought new career highs in all rushing categories for Woodson, who had 24 carries for 113 yards.
    The Tiger-Cats will have a lone fullback at training camp. Carl-Oliver Primé enters his fourth year in the league and with the Ticats. Primé spent time on special teams last season, finishing the season with three tackles.
    http://ticats.ca/preseason-primer-running-back/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ticats sign three of their top picks
    http://3downnation.com/2016/05/26/ti...top-two-picks/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Austin is going to skip rookie training camp in an effort to keep his new players fresh and minimize injuries.

For the second straight season under head coach Kent Austin, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have decided against holding a three-day rookie session before training camp begins.
    But in this case, less may be more (or at least healthier.)
    CFL teams are permitted to bring in first-year players (and quarterbacks) starting Wednesday, but the Ticats have chosen to begin their on-field sessions on Sunday, when main camps open.
    The Ticats just had a rookie camp at the end of April, and while there will be some new faces, most first-year players have already been introduced to the team's systems and culture. Plus, this team doesn't have many rookies, and getting together enough bodies for three days of on-field workouts can be tough.
    From a player's perspective, making a CFL team is hard enough without adding an extra three days of camp. Remember, first-year players who get injured are in imminent danger of being released; the team has to look after their medical expenses, but otherwise owe them nothing. And they'll want to use the roster spot. So not having to get through mini-camp makes it just a tiny bit easier.
    As he has in the previous seasons, Austin is trying to find a balance between getting the work in and protecting his players from fatigue and injury. Instead of the traditional "two-a-days" — one practice in the morning, another in the afternoon — Austin has again opted for the "power practice," essentially two practices back-to-back with a short nutritional break in between.
    Modern thinking holds that having one long practice then having the remainder of the day to recover is more beneficial than splitting up the rest time. It also leaves more room for film study and meetings, as players don't need to get dressed and taped for practice twice (or get cleaned up afterward.)
    http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/...-through-camp/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Hamilton has signed all its draft picks.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Friday that the club has signed all eight of its selections in the 2016 Canadian Football League Draft from earlier this month. ...
    Revenberg, 23, was selected third overall in the first round of the Draft. He played 32 games at Grand Valley State University from 2012 to 2014, earning three varsity letters. The 6-4, 285-pound native of Essex, Ontario, played every position on the offensive line during his time at Grand Valley State, and was named to the Academic All-GLIAC team in 2014.
    Timmis, 22, was selected in the second round, 14th overall. He played four seasons at the University of Calgary from 2012 to 2015, posting 392 carries for 2,987 yards and 43 touchdowns in his CIS career. The 6-1, 220-pound native of Burlington, Ontario, was named a CIS first team All-Canadian and Canada West all-star in the last three years of his career with the Dinos, and helped lead his team to a Vanier Cup appearance in 2013.
    Jones, 23, was selected 18th overall and was Hamilton’s first of two third-round picks. He played 39 games at Southern University, recording 49 receptions for 919 yards and six touchdowns with 16 kick returns for 237 yards. The 6-0, 189-pound native of Bryan, Texas, was part of the Jaguars NCAA conference championship-winning team in 2013.
    Davis, 22, was a third-round pick, 21st overall, and Hamilton’s fourth selection in the Draft. He played one game at Arizona State University in 2013 before transferring to UBC where he played 16 regular season games over two seasons (2014-15) at both running back and linebacker. He rushed 36 times for 186 yards and one touchdown, and had eight receptions for 41 yards in 2014. The 6-0, 225-pound native of Victoria, B.C., converted to linebacker in 2015 finishing third in the CIS with 56.5 tackles, while adding 4.5 sacks and seven tackles for loss en route to a Vanier Cup triumph.
    Faubert-Lussier, 24, was selected 39th overall and was Hamilton’s first of two fifth-round picks. He played 31 games for Laval University from 2012 to 2015, posting 99 receptions for 1,383 yards and 14 touchdowns. The 6-0, 215-pound native of Montreal, Quebec, won back-to-back Vanier Cups in 2012 and 2013, and led his team in receptions (42) and touchdown receptions (3) in 2015.
    Douglas, 23, was a fifth-round pick, 41st overall, and Hamilton’s sixth selection in the Draft. He played 40 games at Missouri Western State University over four seasons (2012-15), collecting 54 total tackles, one interception, 10 pass break ups and two forced fumbles. The 5-11, 175-pound native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, played in 33 consecutive games in his final three seasons.
    Barnett, 23, was selected in the seventh round, 59th overall. He played 12 games in the 2015 season for the University of British Columbia, recording 101 tackles, six sacks, one forced fumble, two interceptions and three pass break ups. The 6-1, 192-pound native of North Vancouver, British Columbia, won the Vanier Cup with the Thunderbirds in 2015 playing linebacker alongside Tiger-Cats third-round pick, Davis.
    Uren, 24, was selected in the eighth round, 67th overall, and was Hamilton’s final selection of the Draft. He played 18 games at Western University from 2011-2015, posting 59 receptions for 800 yards and eight touchdowns. The 5-9, 182-pound native of London, Ontario, tied the OUA/CIS record with four receiving touchdowns in a quarterfinal win over Windsor in 2012, and also won the Dalt White trophy in 2013 as the Yates Cup MVP.
    http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-sign-ent...6-draft-class/