Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
SO - receivers who drop passes should be cut ?

Then an outstanding talent like SJ Green - who has uncharacteristically way too many drops this season - should be cut too?

All receivers end up dropping some passes - and Mike Jones has struggled this year, IMO coulda been cut or demoted from playing time - but the great receivers don't drop very many and this is measured over LOTS of opportunity / passes directed their way - think Ben Cahoon (who I'm sure dropped a few passes in his career - but not many over years & years of playing).

And some receivers might be excused a few drops because they have big-play ability or circus catch skills or are speedy deep threats or great at YAC yards, to go along with just decent or average hands. Duron Carter is IMO a great example now of a big play / huge talent type receiver, but he still drops wayyyyy too many passes (along with being an @$$-hat/clown) - some teams will always want a guy like that in their receiving corps (not as a #1 or even #2 target on a good team though IMO). But if you drop passes galore, season after season, and don't bring any big play or deep threat ability, and are still getting plenty of playing time - not sure i get that.

My point here would be, that certain receivers get judged very harshly for a few drops and in very limited opportunity, while others seem to get a free pass on some drops and get handed more playing time - Bkhari Grant, Mo Mann or Khalil Paden for example, with multiple CFL teams. Gee, I wonder why that is? - that certain players draw criticism or are judged more harshly than others ? Maybe something on their resumes ?
Were you tormented by Americans in your youth?