Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Dominique Ellis picked up by the Ticats. Very good move for a team that lost their two projected starting corners.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://3downnation.com/2016/06/21/bu...icats-sources/

First Tisdale and now Bucknor ? Ticats are really struggling to find db's; let alone good ones. Mitchell White is available, and IMO that's who they should have gone after. Ticats defensive backfield is a mess (mostly due to injuries), so I think I may have ranked the Ticats a little too high in the prediction thread.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    http://3downnation.com/2016/06/21/bu...icats-sources/

First Tisdale and now Bucknor ? Ticats are really struggling to find db's; let alone good ones. Mitchell White is available, and IMO that's who they should have gone after. Ticats defensive backfield is a mess (mostly due to injuries), so I think I may have ranked the Ticats a little too high in the prediction thread.
    Guys like Bucknor or Tisdale at least have lots of CFL experience and that means lots to some CFL coaches; White has less experience and is much more toastable than those other two IMO.

Interesting that the Ticats have moved Courtney Stephen to safety with Butler out with injury; Stephen played corner all year for them last year and was pretty decent IMO; and back-up safety Mike Daly was very good in replacement of Butler last year. = not sure why Stephen couldn't have stayed at corner with Daly at safety but i'd guess that would be too many NI starters on D for Kenty though if Laurent and maybe Gaydosh play DT. And Kenty has something like 7 Canadian linebackers on his roster - Plesius, Archambault, Omara, Landry, Langa (may have been switched to playing some safety?) - (all 5 are former CIS all-star LBs; Plesius & Langa both won CIS D player of the year, and Archambault & Omara were Conference D player of the year) , plus this year's draft picks Mitch Barnett & Terrell Davis - but none of them likely to start on D = a lot of back-up linebackers for a roster, but they are all capable special teamers I guess - not sure how many could dress on the game roster ??? Then you have a team like the Riders with little to nothing in Canadian linebackers ?
    Last edited by OV Argo; 06-21-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.tsn.ca/report-ticats-coll...ctice-1.524876

Collaros taken off 6 game IR and practicing. If he's ready within the next couple of weeks; we'll see what type of team the Ticats really are.
    Last edited by R.J; 07-11-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    We could call the Team that Cannot Be Named "Evil incarnate", although that would be confusing for Ti-Cat posters.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    We could call the Team that Cannot Be Named "Evil incarnate", although that would be confusing for Ti-Cat posters.
    Since when do we care about accommodating Ti-cat posters on Argofans.com?

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.tsn.ca/report-ticats-coll...ctice-1.524876

Collaros taken off 6 game IR and practicing. If he's ready within the next couple of weeks; we'll see what type of team the Ticats really are.
    But, remember there may be a longer period of time between being taken off the 6 game and actually ready to play as we saw with Ricky Ray last year.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I'm good with Cats or Ti-Cats. I have always hated the Tiger-Cat forum threads entitled "Blue team", "Evil incarnate", etc. I don't get it, are they supposed to be clever or funny? I don't find either, only stupid. I guess you have to have an unjustified hate for the Argonauts. Let Hamilton fans remain the only low class fanbase with their equally stupid chants, and we will cheer on our Argonauts.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I'm good with Cats or Ti-Cats. I have always hated the Tiger-Cat forum threads entitled "Blue team", "Evil incarnate", etc. I don't get it, are they supposed to be clever or funny? I don't find either, only stupid. I guess you have to have an unjustified hate for the Argonauts. Let Hamilton fans remain the only low class fanbase with their equally stupid chants, and we will cheer on our Argonauts.
    I've had no problem referring to your team simply as Argos or Argonauts. Mind you, I don't detest your team as most Ticat fans do. However, I do believe it's all in good fun and should be taken as such.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    I've had no problem referring to your team simply as Argos or Argonauts. Mind you, I don't detest your team as most Ticat fans do. However, I do believe it's all in good fun and should be taken as such.
    Very true, couple of years ago at Skydome I saw 2 women (one in Ticat jersey and one in Argonaut jersey) cussing at each after the game to the point that you felt embarrassed for both of them.
    I have had season tickets for the Argos (for many years) and last season in Hamilton, there are some special specimens on both sides.
    One difference that I have seen is Hamilton fans that wear their team colours in Toronto are treated in a much more civil manner than Argo fans wearing their colours in Hamilton.
    For some (not all) Ticat fans I suspect acting like an ignorant asshole is seen as a badge of honour, but at least our friend Hammer seems to get it.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I guess you have to have an unjustified hate for the Argonauts. Let Hamilton fans remain the only low class fanbase with their equally stupid chants.
    It's a 2-way street on all of your points.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    One difference that I have seen is Hamilton fans that wear their team colours in Toronto are treated in a much more civil manner than Argo fans wearing their colours in Hamilton.
    For some (not all) Ticat fans I suspect acting like an ignorant asshole is seen as a badge of honour, but at least our friend Hammer seems to get it.
    Agreed.
    I get that there is a centuries-old rivalry.
    I don't expect Tiger-Cats fans to be friendly toward Argos fans, but the level of disrespect and outright abuse is over the top.

Two women who sit two rows in front of me at BMO Field related that they were physically abused when they attended an Argos/Ti-Cats game in Hamilton while wearing their Argos gear. They said they will not go back there.
    I have taken my daughters to a couple of games in Hamilton when they were younger. They were scared and have told me they will not go back there. And they like watching live football!
    The abuse tossed at Argos fans on "CFL Forum" by Tiger-Cats fans pushed me to leave after a couple of years there. The Tiger-Cats fans are not only abusive, but irrational. You can't have a rational debate with many of them because they simply revert to some stupid insult about the Argonauts when you have the better of the argument.

And finally, at one of the Argonauts "home" games at THF last season, not only did I have to sit through the chanting of moron Tiger-Cats fans who were cheering against the Argonauts (nothing better to do on a weeknight?), but some idiot Tiger-Cats father and son were bold enough to come down to the section in which I was sitting with all the other Argo fans. This approximately 12 year old kid starts yelling "Argos suck" repeatedly, in that mindless jeer of which Tiger-Cats fans are so proud. 12 years old, sitting with his father who didn't bat an eye at the kid for doing it! I turned in my seat and glared at the kid for a couple of minutes. His father wisely took the kid and left our section. He must have realized they were outnumbered and that jeering the Argos in our section could lead to trouble.

I'm usually a very tolerant person, and I am not stupid enough to think that these fans are all Tiger-Cats fans (obviously "The Hammer" is not one of these), but I've been pushed to the point of losing my tolerance and now have a very healthy disdain for Tiger-Cats fans. This is too bad because the organization has a lot to be admired.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    While I do not discount the troubles that people have experienced at firstly IWS and secondly THF, I don't think that we can conclude that Argo fans are squeaky clean (and I don't think anyone is implying that here), a friend of mine who I sit with and is a Ticat fan took plenty of abuse from two jerks a couple of rows behind and he isn't the one to start with people.

Personally, I've never had any trouble at IWS and THF. I learned after about 2009 that sitting behind the Argo bench was never a great idea. Sure, I paid more, but I felt picking up a moderately priced ticket or above usually meant that you sat with people who weren't going to try to start up with you.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    While I do not discount the troubles that people have experienced at firstly IWS and secondly THF, I don't think that we can conclude that Argo fans are squeaky clean (and I don't think anyone is implying that here), a friend of mine who I sit with and is a Ticat fan took plenty of abuse from two jerks a couple of rows behind and he isn't the one to start with people.

Personally, I've never had any trouble at IWS and THF. I learned after about 2009 that sitting behind the Argo bench was never a great idea. Sure, I paid more, but I felt picking up a moderately priced ticket or above usually meant that you sat with people who weren't going to try to start up with you.
    You're bang on with that. Don't know about most other stadiums, but in Hamilton, the higher price you pay for your seats, the less chance you'll see fights and abuse. The cheap seats (at IWS they were the end zone seats) was where the guys who just came to the game to drink. And they were the casual fans... the ones who didn't know anything about the game, but thought it was just fun to shout 'Argos Suck!'

Frankly, I'm surprised to hear that there are still these problems at THF. Thought the crowd is a lot more well behaved now. Come to Section 203, we're good folk up there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    But, remember there may be a longer period of time between being taken off the 6 game and actually ready to play as we saw with Ricky Ray last year.
    Maybe, but Ray's injury was different than Collaros'. Come to think of it Ray's injury is usually rehabbed in about 4 months. Lulay took a long time though, so I had a feeling it would take Ray over a year to be 100%. Collaro's injury is about 7-9 months; the Ticats always allow for the full rehab. Collaros might still ride the pine for a couple of more weeks, but I expecting him to start by the beginning of August.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

LOL, gotta love Bob Young.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Maybe, but Ray's injury was different than Collaros'. Come to think of it Ray's injury is usually rehabbed in about 4 months. Lulay took a long time though, so I had a feeling it would take Ray over a year to be 100%. Collaro's injury is about 7-9 months; the Ticats always allow for the full rehab. Collaros might still ride the pine for a couple of more weeks, but I expecting him to start by the beginning of August.
    http://3downnation.com/2016/11/15/fi...er-room-clean/
    “Yes, I mean no. I can’t give a great answer without making a bunch of excuses. Physically, they say with the ACL that you don’t feel 100 per cent until about two years after. But, again, I’m not one to make excuses, our team isn’t one to make excuses. So that’s it.”

– quarterback Zach Collaros on whether he felt fully comfortable this season.
    Interesting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level

LOL, gotta love Bob Young.[/QUOTE]

Yep and shut that Pedersen guy up!!

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thought this quote was interesting from that 3Down Nation article.

"I feel like this season was a reality check to people who were either complacent or thought it was a walk in the park to get to the East Final or the Grey Cup. I don't think some people realize just how hard it is to win football games, period."

-Simoni Lawrence

Always wondered if there was a sense of complacency among certain members of the team. I think I have my answer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    You're bang on with that. Don't know about most other stadiums, but in Hamilton, the higher price you pay for your seats, the less chance you'll see fights and abuse. The cheap seats (at IWS they were the end zone seats) was where the guys who just came to the game to drink. And they were the casual fans... the ones who didn't know anything about the game, but thought it was just fun to shout 'Argos Suck!'

Frankly, I'm surprised to hear that there are still these problems at THF. Thought the crowd is a lot more well behaved now. Come to Section 203, we're good folk up there.
    I went to the Labour Day game in 2015 wearing Argo gear and I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was chatting to the Ticat fans sitting around me. Whenever Hamilton visits Toronto I always go out of my way to initiate conversations with Hamilton fans. I come away impressed with their knowledge and politeness.

I am really starting to see Steel City fans in a more positive light.