Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Yeah, I have to disagree with OV also. I honestly didn't think that Butler would be good with the Ticats but he has been, after a somewhat slow start.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    So, aside from Ottawa or maybe his old BC team, what other team in the league would sign Butler and his career 5 yards/carry average to a big FA contract to upgrade the position? Would you have the guy replace Ouellette for the Argos for example ? Mind you, some thought CJ Gable was this great CFL back too; so to each his own opinion, and Suitor on TSN gushing about his "game notes" fave players can help I guess ?
    A simple response to your assertion that Butler has been a bust in Hamilton this season which is ridiculous TBH, the guy has performed very well and was a good FA get for the Ticats.
    The rest of your comments are completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by Argo57; 09-08-2023 at 06:17 PM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So, aside from Ottawa or maybe his old BC team, what other team in the league would sign Butler and his career 5 yards/carry average to a big FA contract to upgrade the position? Would you have the guy replace Ouellette for the Argos for example ? Mind you, some thought CJ Gable was this great CFL back too; so to each his own opinion, and Suitor on TSN gushing about his "game notes" fave players can help I guess ?
    Face it OV. You are alone here and your pro Canadian BiaS is the only reason. Dude has 1000 yards from scrimmage this season. He’s a stud.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    A simple response to your assertion that Butler has been a bust in Hamilton this season which is ridiculous TBH, the guy has performed very well and was a good FA get for the Ticats.
    The rest of your comments are completely irrelevant.
    Reading carefully would disclose I have said Butler is a pretty decent RB, but if you want me to say he's a superstar, sorry, no can do; he's just vastly over-rated IMO, and he got shut-down by the wimpy RedBlacks D tonight, to the tune of 2.5 per carry = yeah, a real stud.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Reading carefully would disclose I have said Butler is a pretty decent RB, but if you want me to say he's a superstar, sorry, no can do; he's just vastly over-rated IMO, and he got shut-down by the wimpy RedBlacks D tonight, to the tune of 2.5 per carry = yeah, a real stud.
    I’d suggest you reread your post#1195, you specifically called out Bo, the Duke and Butler as bad signings by Hamilton.
    Bo and the Duke haven’t panned out but Butler has played really well for the Ticats.
    Now to backtrack and justify your argument you are using last nights game to make your point that Butler is a stiff, will you be calling Ouellette a stiff if Montreal contains him today?
    Last edited by Argo57; 09-09-2023 at 10:41 AM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    But you have also referred to Kenny Lawler, Eugene Lewis, and a host of other excellent players as overrated simply because they are American and called Lewis Ward the best kicker in not just the CFL but pro football. I think Butler had a better game than Ward last night. He didn’t cost his team the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    But you have also referred to Kenny Lawler, Eugene Lewis, and a host of other excellent players as overrated simply because they are American and called Lewis Ward the best kicker in not just the CFL but pro football. I think Butler had a better game than Ward last night. He didn’t cost his team the game.
    Once again, and so typical, but not to worry I'm very used to it: a CFL fan gets all bent out of shape and butt-hurt because somebody else doesn't bow down to all American players as superstars and also dares to call-out some Canadian players as fine football talent. And they need to spin-doctor or put words in another's mouth cause they can't grasp a point or they are desperate and can't come up with actual football evidence.

I never said Butler or Lawler of Gino Lewis were useless bums; they are just IMO over-rated by some CFL "observers"; I've never made any reference to these players birth certificates when I comment on their actual football play. I've called both those receivers dangerous, big play guys but that's not good enough for you and I guess you would never dare call out both on their drops tendencies - lots & lots of dropped passes by both, but that's forgiveable cause of their passports? - that's not surprising from somebody who considers Markeith Ambles a great CFL receiver but is willing to dump on a little targeted Richie Sindani because of his birth certificate? That's just the way you've been told to look at CFL players, but hey have at 'er.

I also called Butler a pretty decent RB, but again, not good enough for you - that offends what you've been told to believe about the CFL; Butler had a great game against his old BC team a couple of games back; but he is often shut-down for little gains and his weak, sub-par CFL career yds/carry - you know, actual evidence from the football field - speaks volumes IMO.

And please back up your mouth with evidence I've ever called Lewis Ward the greatest kicker in pro ball ??? He's an accurate short range kicker but does not have a big leg. He does however have, and again, more on field evidence, the most accurate FG % in CFL history; if that fact bothers you somehow, I fell sorry for you; if Ward was an Argo, a homer like you probably would be calling him the greatest, but as a Canadian on another CFL team, he's an easy target for your type.

Now please get lost with the constant mis-interpreting and putting word in other posters' mouths; maybe take a reading comprehension course.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Once again, and so typical, but not to worry I'm very used to it: a CFL fan gets all bent out of shape and butt-hurt because somebody else doesn't bow down to all American players as superstars and also dares to call-out some Canadian players as fine football talent. And they need to spin-doctor or put words in another's mouth cause they can't grasp a point or they are desperate and can't come up with actual football evidence.

I never said Butler or Lawler of Gino Lewis were useless bums; they are just IMO over-rated by some CFL "observers"; I've never made any reference to these players birth certificates when I comment on their actual football play. I've called both those receivers dangerous, big play guys but that's not good enough for you and I guess you would never dare call out both on their drops tendencies - lots & lots of dropped passes by both, but that's forgiveable cause of their passports? - that's not surprising from somebody who considers Markeith Ambles a great CFL receiver but is willing to dump on a little targeted Richie Sindani because of his birth certificate? That's just the way you've been told to look at CFL players, but hey have at 'er.

I also called Butler a pretty decent RB, but again, not good enough for you - that offends what you've been told to believe about the CFL; Butler had a great game against his old BC team a couple of games back; but he is often shut-down for little gains and his weak, sub-par CFL career yds/carry - you know, actual evidence from the football field - speaks volumes IMO.

And please back up your mouth with evidence I've ever called Lewis Ward the greatest kicker in pro ball ??? He's an accurate short range kicker but does not have a big leg. He does however have, and again, more on field evidence, the most accurate FG % in CFL history; if that fact bothers you somehow, I fell sorry for you; if Ward was an Argo, a homer like you probably would be calling him the greatest, but as a Canadian on another CFL team, he's an easy target for your type.

Now please get lost with the constant mis-interpreting and putting word in other posters' mouths; maybe take a reading comprehension course.
    Nice spin.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It's been a tumultuous season in Hamilton to be sure, however, I note that they're only a game back of Montreal for 2nd place in the East, though Montreal has the season series so far at 2-0.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    It's been a tumultuous season in Hamilton to be sure, however, I note that they're only a game back of Montreal for 2nd place in the East, though Montreal has the season series so far at 2-0.
    I'm expecting Hamilton to end up in second. They are just better than Mtl, IMO, even with a rookie QB.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'm expecting Hamilton to end up in second. They are just better than Mtl, IMO, even with a rookie QB.
    Which unsettles me.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I can't see the Pussycats winning another game this season, outside of maybe at home to the Stamps (who if they get healthy at receiver are wayyyy better than the Ticats); the Als have them at home in Montreal, and all their other opponents the rest of the way are far superior teams IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I disagree. I don't think that the Ticats are better than the Als. I think that they are, at best, a mediocre team. They may get to 8-10 at best this year, (and I wouldn't bet on that) which would be the same record as last year. Montreal has a lot of injuries right now but if they can get some of these players back, I think that they will still be a team to be reckoned with - moreso than Hamilton. If the Ticats can beat Winnipeg at home this week, I am willing to reconsider my opinion but I just don't see that happening.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't think so. Montreal already has the tie breaker on them, so the Cats would essentially have to gain 2 games on them over the last 6. The play each other in the last game, but Montreal has Ottawa twice, Edmonton, Calgary and the Argos left. I see Montreal going 3-3 over those games, which would mean Hamilton would have to go 5-1 against Winnipeg, Argos, Stamps, Riders, Lions (looking for revenge) and the Als,. Hamilton will likly finish 7-11 IMO, maybe 8-10 if Montreal has clinched 2nd by the last game, and I suspect they will have.

Also not sure how you can say Hamilton is a better team, when Montreal has beaten them twice, and pretty convincingly. Not to mention Hamilton has beaten the Elks when a pee wee team could likely have beaten them, and Ottawa 3 times and all just barely. They really only have 1 impressive win this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Which unsettles me.
    Seriously? The Cats haven't belonged on the same field as the Argos all year, and you are worried about that?

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Seriously? The Cats haven't belonged on the same field as the Argos all year, and you are worried about that?
    Yeah, thing never seem to go as planned against the Ticats in the playoffs lately (with a few exceptions).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah, thing never seem to go as planned against the Ticats in the playoffs lately (with a few exceptions).
    I just don't see it this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Hamilton has to end with 1 more victory than Montreal to secure 2nd place in the Eastern Football Conference. Looking at both team’s remaining schedules, Hamilton’s road is a lot tougher. They will be lucky to win 2 more games the rest of the season. Hamilton misses the post season due to the cross over.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Which unsettles me.
    It should’nt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Hamilton misses the post season due to the cross over.
    No. There will be no crossover. Hamilton and Montreal both go 3-3 down the stretch finishing with 9 and 8 wins restively. No cross over. Ti-Cats beat the Stamps and Riders, then win the final meaningless (to Montreal) game.