Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Raptors big TV rating

Game 7 vs Miami had a viewership of 1.5 million. Let's see if a CFL playoff game can beat this insignificant sport.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well it was perhaps the biggest game in franchise history. There is a lot hype surrounding the team, can't deny that. Just like the Jays last year, people will jump on the playoff bandwagon and the numbers will be strong.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Game 7 vs Miami had a viewership of 1.5 million. Let's see if a CFL playoff game can beat this insignificant sport.
    Not bad for a team with few fans! A Toronto vs Hamilton East final could produce a similar number. It will be interesting to see if CFL ratings decline as predicted, this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The CFL has had over 1.5 million viewers multiple times. Are we supposed to be surprised or excited because it took the Raptors 20 years for it to happen ? Sorry, but I'm not following the logic here - is this thread in reaction to some who have made comments about the Raptors or something ?

If so - talk about petty.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    The CFL has had over 1.5 million viewers multiple times. Are we supposed to be surprised or excited because it took the Raptors 20 years for it to happen ? Sorry, but I'm not following the logic here - is this thread in reaction to some who have made comments about the Raptors or something ?

If so - talk about petty.
    Being a Raptors fan, I do get frustrated reading a fair amount of comments on this forum how they have few fans in relation to their less than desirable tv ratings. While the ratings are not great, it's a constant shot, maybe the only shot, some CFL fans take against them that they feel somehow gives credit to the CFL or the Argonauts. I would be surprised if any CFL playoff game (not the Grey Cup) gets that kind of rating this year and I warned not to cast stones before the CFL ratings come out in this anti cable tv society.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Being a Raptors fan, I do get frustrated reading a fair amount of comments on this forum how they have few fans in relation to their less than desirable tv ratings. While the ratings are not great, it's a constant shot, maybe the only shot, some CFL fans take against them that they feel somehow gives credit to the CFL or the Argonauts. I would be surprised if any CFL playoff game (not the Grey Cup) gets that kind of rating this year and I warned not to cast stones before the CFL ratings come out in this anti cable tv society.
    So the Raptors do it once in 20 years and it's the new trend, and before even seeing the CFL ratings; stones are being thrown. Wow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The ratings will probably go up this round, because there are a lot of people that just will want to watch LeBron. I don't worry about Raptors popularity. Like the Leafs, they are not in direct competition with the Argos and CFL. More power to them.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    So the Raptors do it once in 20 years and it's the new trend, and before even seeing the CFL ratings; stones are being thrown. Wow.
    I see a few "tongue in cheek" comments directed at posters that have wrote misinformed and bias opinions on the Raptors and their fans, nothing more. Hardy stones thrown when we are all CFL/Argonauts fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The ratings will probably go up this round, because there are a lot of people that just will want to watch LeBron. I don't worry about Raptors popularity. Like the Leafs, they are not in direct competition with the Argos and CFL. More power to them.
    A good way to look at it. Let everyone have their fun. Hopefully they can join us at BMO too. I even saw an Argo shirt on TV inside "Jurassic Park" last game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    2015 CFL playoff number

East semi: 865K
    West Semi: 836K

West Final: 1.3 mil
    East Final: 1.095 mil

Like I said ... I'd like to see a CFL playoff game actually beat 1.5 mil this season.

Note: I don't count the Grey Cup since that would only be an equivalent to the Raptors being in the NBA Final with a chance to win the title that game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    2015 CFL playoff number

East semi: 865K
    West Semi: 836K

West Final: 1.3 mil
    East Final: 1.095 mil

Like I said ... I'd like to see a CFL playoff game actually beat 1.5 mil this season.

Note: I don't count the Grey Cup since that would only be an equivalent to the Raptors being in the NBA Final with a chance to win the title that game.
    I would like to see the CFL get the hype that the Raptors get too. The Raptors have been getting at least twice the hype as the CFL gets because both all-sports TV networks provide them with that hype unlike the CFL where one of those networks pretends that the league doesn't even exist.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I would like to see the CFL get the hype that the Raptors get too. The Raptors have been getting at least twice the hype as the CFL gets because both all-sports TV networks provide them with that hype unlike the CFL where one of those networks pretends that the league doesn't even exist.
    I agree with this. If any of the other TO teams are in the playoffs this is all one hears about on sports media. When the Argos are on the playoffs there is token at best talk. I heard McCown spend about 2 minutes on the 100th GC the Friday before the game. That was criminal.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    CFL
    2012 - East and West Semi Finals = 1.1 and 1.6 million viewers. East and West finals = 1.6 and 2 million viewers
    2013 - East and West Semis = 1.4 and 1.6 million viewers. East and West finals = 1.7 (East record) and 1.9 million
    2014 - East and West Semis = 874k and 1.267 million viewers. East and West finals = 1.177 and 1.47 Million.
    2015 was down as we all know, but if the Riders make the playoffs and the Argonauts see a boost due to the new ownership and stadium we should see a rise this season.
    Last edited by R.J; 05-18-2016 at 04:32 PM.