Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Marty York interview - a "must listen"!

Often, people will ask about where Marty York is now. Well, Marty York is alive and well and gave a phenomenal interview on this podcast: http://www.torontomike.com/2016/05/t...isode_174.html

If you have followed Toronto sports for any length of time and how the Toronto media have covered the city's sports teams, this interview is a "must-listen". Marty has been making some waves lately with his very entertaining and controversial tweets about the Jays and Raptors. He has also been talking up the CFL in his tweets. His stories and opinions about figures in the Toronto sports media landscape will resonate with many on this forum.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    His theory on Rogers (if I understand it correctly) is that he doesn't necessarily believe that there is any one person on the corporate chain telling personalities to be biased about the Blue Jays, but that many people sense that it'd be advantageous if they were biased.

I would've been interested to hear what insights he had into Rogers anti-CFL slant, but the host never went down that path (I don't think Toronto Mike is a huge CFL fan, but not necessarily a hater either).

I've heard parts of the Molitor story in the past.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I know York had Paul on his web show which I watched but I would really love to hear more stories relating to the Argos/CFL.

I actually tend to agree on his thoughts on Schultz. Sometimes I do wonder what he just said on air. For instance, on draft day he threw Dyakowski under the bus but then he seemed so confused afterwards and later told Peter to keep on playing for as long as possible. It was a bit awkward.

Highlight of the show was that he called Frank D'Angelo crazy.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Highlight of the show was that he called Frank D'Angelo crazy.
    Cuz he is. I saw him on Youtube and he kept interrupting the guy he was talking to, you wanted to kill him.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    His theory on Rogers (if I understand it correctly) is that he doesn't necessarily believe that there is any one person on the corporate chain telling personalities to be biased about the Blue Jays, but that many people sense that it'd be advantageous if they were biased.
    Totally agree, you know what the corporate culture is, nobody has to tell you and you act accordingly. Nothing needs to be said but sometimes there are phrases that you read between the lines.

An example would be Vince MacMahon of the WWF years ago. He never told anyone to go out and get on steroids, he could probably testify to that in court. What he would say was "If only you were a little bigger". Message received and understood.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Totally agree, you know what the corporate culture is, nobody has to tell you and you act accordingly.
    I agree, Media personnel are expected to self-censure in terms of anything that conflicts with the corporate value system and its profits.