Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Jerald Brown retired. Good call SnowRouge.
    Brown hasn't had it for awhile IMO. While I don't want to be too disrespectful to the player; it's good that he retires now before it's too late.

Argos DB's adjusting to new defensive system.
    http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/05/31/a...ensive-system/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Milanovich on TC Day 3
    http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/05/31/m...o-far-at-camp/

Loving Bryan Hall. He's making choosing a new jersey difficult - Waud, Bulcke or Hall ? Maybe all three lol
    http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/05/31/c...th-bryan-hall/
    Last edited by R.J; 05-31-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Guys nobody was banning me from practice. They just didn't want me tweeting certain information while I wasnthere.
    What's important is that even if they wanted to ban someone, it would be really hard to do at a University owned field without going through the legal steps. To make matters worse, even if they were able to do so, you could simply stand on the other side of the fence, LOL. They may not want some things tweeted, but your within your boundaries to do so. This is not China.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    What's important is that even if they wanted to ban someone, it would be really hard to do at a University owned field without going through the legal steps. To make matters worse, even if they were able to do so, you could simply stand on the other side of the fence, LOL. They may not want some things tweeted, but your within your boundaries to do so. This is not China.
    I read Will's tweets and I am not sure what was so controversial about them. I didn't really see him divulging any sensitive information.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Last edited by jerrym; 06-01-2016 at 03:37 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    TC Day 3 Report

The club appeared to have heeded their coach’s recommendations to take care of their bodies overnight, as Tuesday’s practice at Alumni Stadium saw the club firing on all cylinders again.
    The defence had the offensive unit’s number through two days of camp, but today’s sessions saw the offence respond with a strong practice.
    The receivers group had a very strong day in team and 1-on-1 drills, winning a number of jump-ball situations in the 1-on-1 red zone session against the defensive backs.
    “The offence picked it up a little bit today and maybe won this practice,” said Milanovich, “but the first two days the defence was dominant.”
    Tori Gurley kicked off the first team session with a long 40-yard would-be touchdown catch, adding to that with a couple contested grabs during 1-on-1’s. The rest of the receiving group followed suit, with rookie receiver Malcolm Williams making the catch of the day on a diving effort in the back of the end zone. ...

The defence was not without their wins, though, as Rich Stubler’s unit reached the quarterback on a couple occasions and managed an end zone interception during red zone 1-on-1’s.
    With the defence under Stubler’s guidance in 2016, Milanovich is expecting the unit to play much like the defences Stubler has coached in the past, including a higher level of aggression, more collisions with receivers and more pick sixes.
    “There’s so much movement and so many moving parts to the defence, so much more than a normal defence,” explained defensive backs coach Jordan Younger, who played in Stubler’s system during his CFL playing career.
    “It’s hard work, and fortunately, the guys are willing to work together,” continued Younger, “they stay together late and put extra time in even during training camp, which is unusual.”
    New Argonauts kicker Lirim Hajrullahu was put to the test late in practice, as the team surrounded the St. Catharines, Ontario native to watch him attempt kicks from increasing distances.
    His teammates did not watch silently, however, as they were encouraged to make as much noise as possible to simulate an intimidating game situation for the kicker. With a reward for the entire team on the line, the kicker hit with ease on back-to-back attempts, making his first big kicks with the Boatmen.
    http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/05/31/tc-report-day-3/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Brown hasn't had it for awhile IMO. While I don't want to be too disrespectful to the player; it's good that he retires now before it's too late.

Argos DB's adjusting to new defensive system.
    http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/05/31/a...ensive-system/
    Brown is 35 and playing a position that is dominated by guys in their 20s. It's somewhat impressive his career lasted this long.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    First year LB Kanorris Davis was seriously injured yesterday.

The cruel side to football was on full display Tuesday, one of the gruesome turn of events no player ever wants to endure, no teammate ever wants to see.
    For many of the players who have been with the team, first-year linebacker Kanorris Davis was like any other newcomer hoping to make an impression. He quickly endeared himself to his new football family, more than aware of his skill and potential when they would watch on film how Davis always seemed to be the first player down field on cover units. He lined up on punt coverage during practice and then all hell broke loose, the kind of mayhem you don’t see too often on the gridiron. ...
    Davis’ leg was positioned in a way the human body was not created to sustain. Players had to turn their heads the other way, with prayers breaking out as the mood at camp dramatically went from buoyant to sombre.
    Medical staff quickly ran on to the field to tend to Davis. Davis was then carted off Alumni Stadium and admitted into a local hospital.
    There was no immediate word on his status, let alone whether Davis will ever be able to play football again. “I don’t think it’s good,’’ said Argos head coach Scott Milanovich during his daily briefing with the media.
    The whole tenor changed.
    “That’s the thing about football,’’ said Milanovich. “Everyone knows when they get involved that injuries like that can happen. And when teams are close, and I’d like to think our team is, it’s hard. We’ve only been together for about six days, but everybody knows how much he (Davis) loves the game. You can see it, feel it just by listening to him and the way he practises. It’s a little disheartening.”
    This was so bad that no one with any extended connection to the Argos could recall a more ghastly injury in recent memory.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/31/argo-hopeful-suffers-horrendous-injury

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Brown is 35 and playing a position that is dominated by guys in their 20s. It's somewhat impressive his career lasted this long.
    I agree. As last year wore on with the Als, I felt he was living on borrowed time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Sucks about Sullen, but I wasn't impressed with Wright, so meh. I'm hoping Legree and Mitchell make the team with Sullen - I felt those 3 had a lot of potential to start and can all play man to man (something sorely needed in our backfield).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Sucks about Sullen, but I wasn't impressed with Wright, so meh. I'm hoping Legree and Mitchell make the team with Sullen - I felt those 3 had a lot of potential to start and can all play man to man (something sorely needed in our backfield).
    Honestly, how much have you seen these guys play to determine they are so good in man coverage?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Having only seen one practice, my impression was that Berry, Heath and Rankin were the best "cover" prospects of the new DB's ----in that one practice.
    The coaches will have seen the DB's in all practices and have viewed the films every day. They should have a fairly good handle on what each of the new DB's are capable of doing by the end of TC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Honestly, how much have you seen these guys play to determine they are so good in man coverage?
    I saw Sullen and Legree quite a bit in college - Mitchell not so much, but I'm more than well aware that Hawkins and Ansahcan't play man coverage (Ansah the worst of the two). Hawkins is aggressive though and from what I've heard he's shown pretty well in camp so far, but camp and live games are two different things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    I saw Sullen and Legree quite a bit in college
    Yeah, those Tulane games are hard to avoid, they're everywhere.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yeah, those Tulane games are hard to avoid, they're everywhere.

???
    http://www.stream2watch.eu/
    http://sportlemons.net/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Sure buddy. Why would you ever watch a Tulane game when there are so many better games to choose from?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sure buddy. Why would you ever watch a Tulane game when there are so many better games to choose from?
    Why should I have to explain myself to you ? I like Tulane is there a problem ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Brown has his moments and a pretty decent career with the Als - always thought he was hit & miss / good at times, poor at others - mind you, D-half is IMO one of the toughest positions in the CFL - you are matched against top receivers all game - and bound to get burnt some.

IMO - the Argos signed the wrong Brown - Weldon Brown was available as a FA this off-season (and not sure if he did sign somewhere of is maybe injured/damaged goods?) - but IMO he's better than Jerald and younger too I believe.

Argos could use some vet help in the secondary, and maybe Issac goes there and provides some leadership & smarts with Raymond taking OLB; Stubler used an extra DB quite a bit with the recent Stamps' Ds i think. A bunch of new, young guys - even if they are great athletes and good cover guys - is not going to cut it if they are not used to playing together - I think Stubler knows this; if Barker does not get it.