Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Tracking 2016 CFL Cuts

Teams have started to cut down the number of players in TC.

What’s on the line in pre-season? For some players across the CFL, everything. It’s two weeks into training camp and by the end of Tuesday players will have had 14 days and at least one pre-season game to prove they belong on a Canadian Football League roster. With that, decision time arrives for coaches and general managers, because on Tuesday night at 11:59 p.m. ET teams must reduce their rosters to 65 players. The final cut down day is June 18, when teams must reduce their rosters to 46 active players by 10:00 p.m. ET. As teams trim down their rosters over the next 48 hours, we check in on the latest:
    BC LIONS

Draft picks Brennan Van Nistelrooy and Boyd Richardson are among those out the door in BC, while the team has parted ways with four defensive backs in total ahead of the first cut down day.
    Players Released
    DB Darious Lane (I)
    DB Davarus Shores (I)
    DB Dino Teague (I)
    DB Brennan Van Nistelrooy (N)
    DL Jacques Smith (I)
    DL Boyd Richardson (N)
    OL Rogers Gaines (I)
    OL Micah Hatchie (I)
    REC Colin Lockett (I)
    REC Uzoma Nwachukwu (I)
    CALGARY STAMPEDERS

Bryant Moniz exits the competition for third-string quarterback in Calgary after being released Monday. The Stampeders also announced the addition of quarterback G.J. Kinne, a 6-foot-2, 218-pound Tulsa graduate. Moniz dressed for 36 games over the past two seasons and threw for 29 yards and a touchdown on 2-of-4 career passing. In short-yardage duties, he carried the ball 35 times for 98 yards and six touchdowns.
    Players Released
    LB Jared Brackens, (I)
    LB James Green (N)
    DL Quayshawne Buckley (I)
    DB Travis Manning (I)
    QB Bryant Moniz (I)
    REC Chleb Ravenell (I)
    REC Cam White (I)
    DL Brandon Thurmond (I)
    DL Ridge Wilson (I)
    RB Reggie Whatley (I)
    LS Tim St. Pierre (N)
    SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERs

National defensive back Dan West is one of nine players released by the Riders to get under the roster limit, a surprise move for the Riders as he was part of the competition to start at safety. Also among those on their way out are young receivers S.J. Haidara and Marquez Clark. Clark has been with the team since mini-camp back in April while Haidara is a former CFL Draft pick.
    Players Released
    REC Marquez Clark (I)
    OL Will Corbin (I)
    REC S.J. Haidara (N)
    RB Johnta Hebert (I)
    DB Caesar Rayford (I)
    LB Rollins Stallworth (I)
    DL Ino Vitale (I)
    DB Dan West (I)
    REC Devrin Young (I)
    HAMILTON TIGER-CATS

The Ticats parted ways with five on Tuesday, including international offensive tackle Brandon Washington and veteran defensive tackle Zach Anderson. Anderson is a three-year pro and made 32 tackles in 16 games last season and in 2013, his rookie season, recorded seven sacks in 14 games.
    Players Released
    RB Michael Ford (I)
    WR Patrick Robertson (I)
    DE Antonio Coleman (I)
    DT Zach Anderson (I)
    OL Brandon Washington (I)

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/06/13/stamps-moniz-among-first-cuts-tuesday-deadline-approaches/#stamps

Calgary Stampeders comments on cuts, players put on injured list and one signing.

The following player has been signed:Harper attended the early portion of Stamps training camp before being released on May 29. He signed with the National Football League’s Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent on May 8, 2015, and attended training camp. He played four seasons (2011-14) at Fresno State and finished his career second in Bulldogs history with 228 receptions and 29 touchdown catches. He earned first-team all-Mountain West Conference honours as a senior in 2014 after making 90 catches for 1,097 yards and seven touchdowns.
    The following players have been released:
    • National linebacker James Green
    • National long snapper Tim St. Pierre
    • International receiver Cam White
    • International defensive lineman Ridge Wilson
    St. Pierre joined the Stampeders in 2011 and appeared in 51 regular-season games, seeing action as a long snapper and a fullback.
    Green signed with Calgary as a free agent during the off-season after seven CFL seasons with Toronto, Winnipeg and Ottawa.
    White and Wilson are CFL rookies.
    http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/14...elease-four-2/

HC Dickenson video comments on Stampeders' roster moves.

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/14...ments-june-14/

Montreal Alouettes cuts on Tuesday include Jerry Rice Jr., a name made famous by his father.

Players released:
    Vincent Brown (I), OL, Southern Miss
    Kyler Elsworth (I), LB, Michigan State
    Jewel Hampton (I), RB, Southern Illinois
    Victor Hampton (I), DB, South Carolina
    Quinn Lawlor (N), OT, BYU
    Demarlon Morris (I), WR, Texas A&M Commerce
    Jerry Rice Jr. (I), WR, UNLV
    Nathan Slaughter (I), DB, West Texas A&M
    Diaheem Watkins (I), DE, Alabama-Birmingham
    Also, international linebacker Bear Woods had to return home for personal reasons and is expected to be back in the near future. He has therefore been placed on the suspended player list.
    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2016...ransactions-4/

According to the Ottawa Redblacks their cuts on Tuesday include imports DB Marc Anthony, DB Keelan Johnson, WR Maurice Morgan and DL Kris Redding, as well as National DB Keldyn Ahlstedt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    All team cuts and Practice rostered players.
    http://www.cfl.ca/2016/06/18/making-...round-the-cfl/

Not surprising that Cauchy Muamba was on of the cuts in Edmonton today. Actually, If anything I'm surprised he was starting last season. I mentioned in the Argonauts cut thread that I'd like to see Barker make some phone calls to CDN OL TDre Player, INT RB Lache Seastrunk, CDN OL Aaron Picton, CDN OL Quinn Lawlor. Some potential there IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    All team cuts and Practice rostered players.
    http://www.cfl.ca/2016/06/18/making-...round-the-cfl/

Not surprising that Cauchy Muamba was on of the cuts in Edmonton today. Actually, If anything I'm surprised he was starting last season. I mentioned in the Argonauts cut thread that I'd like to see Barker make some phone calls to CDN OL TDre Player, INT RB Lache Seastrunk, CDN OL Aaron Picton, CDN OL Quinn Lawlor. Some potential there IMO.
    I guess Edmonton figured that Henoc was not going to sign with them, so there is no use to keep Cauchy around.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I guess Edmonton figured that Henoc was not going to sign with them, so there is no use to keep Cauchy around.
    My thoughts as well. I also recall what happened in Winnipeg - once Henoc left for the NFL - Cauchy was cut not long afterwards.