Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    Likewise. Met some other great fans, including a member of the ArgoFans forum (Treblecharger), who came over to comment about my Argos folding chairs. Which I only learned about because of another post here.

Overall, the tailgate was amazing. It was fun and laid back and it was great to see Joe Theismann and Rocket Ismail interacting with the fans. I even got a picture of my son with Coach Milanovich who came down to check things out.
    A number of people said it there, and it was even said on the radio after, that this was actually better in some ways than tailgating in the U.S. I have tailgated a number of times at Bills games in Buffalo, and you are always concerned about things getting out of hand because of over-consumption etc., but it was nothing like that. Can't wait for the next game.
    That's great to hear. As I've said, tailgating isn't my thing, and it's likely do to the ridicuously drunk people I have witnessed in Buffalo. It's a huge turn off to me.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Were kids allowed in the Shipyard? In line I heard it was 19 and over, but I thought I saw an inflatable throwing section for kids. Ended up not going in.
    I saw a few kids while I was in there, we needed stamps to get in for the alcohol but young'ns were allowed in for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    That's great to hear. As I've said, tailgating isn't my thing, and it's likely do to the ridicuously drunk people I have witnessed in Buffalo. It's a huge turn off to me.
    I heard that our tailgates may be great for just for that reason, because people can't bring their own alcohol people can have a few drinks but there won't be too many fall-down drunks, which is great as we sell a 'family experience'.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    I saw a few kids while I was in there, we needed stamps to get in for the alcohol but young'ns were allowed in for sure.

I heard that our tailgates may be great for just for that reason, because people can't bring their own alcohol people can have a few drinks but there won't be too many fall-down drunks, which is great as we sell a 'family experience'.
    You are bang-on. That's exactly what was happening. And there were families with little kids there and they were all having fun. I believe that this can truly take off, especially once the summer holidays start. Kudos to the Argos for everything that they are doing.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    TSN was all over the whole game day experience and they were hyping the crap out of it all game long. It made those of us at home really envious until the game started. haha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Just an FYI Canadian Tire has a portable propane BBQ on special for $24.99 (50% off) and a folding table for $39.99 ($20 off).
    Canadian Tire has a bigger portable propane BBQ on sale for $39.99 (50% off) this weekend.

Home Depot has a 4 Pack of 1 pound propane cylinders on sale for $14.99.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 06-25-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    You are bang-on. That's exactly what was happening. And there were families with little kids there and they were all having fun. I believe that this can truly take off, especially once the summer holidays start. Kudos to the Argos for everything that they are doing.
    I agree. When I first heard you can't BYOB I was all here we go nanny state Ontario. But with affordable (not dirt cheap) for purchase beer, I think you get the best of both worlds. You get to enjoy a few cold ones without breaking the bank, and you get to keep it family friendly, or even just friendly without fall down drunks, and some of the fights and hostility that comes with that.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Interesting, I wonder if someone was selling them for the wrong price? Even though it's a bit bigger can and a better beer $7 seems high compared to $4.
    Yes, it was a much better deal to stock upon the 12 ounce $4 cans - 33 cents an ounce for the 12 ounce cans but 43 cents an ounce for the 16 ounce $7 beers?
    I'm surprised that people didn't pick up on that and just bought the $4 cans........lol. If you bought FOUR of the $4 cans = $16 but the same amount of beer in the tallboys would be THREE but ...........$21
    We had a great time in the Shipyard, yes we did see kids in there

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Just wanted to put my two cents in. I was amazed the western Exhibition Place tailgate lot was about 3/4 full. Where did all this pent-up tailgate demand come from? Mostly old people like me but still amazing. The whole thing was run very smoothly, if all those people working it were staff and not volunteers, then the team is not making a lot of money off these things. The only problem was running out of beer, which I'm sure will get corrected. Looks like they will go with Bud/BudLight on a regular basis, and then they will rotate a different craft beer into the choice on a game-by-game basis. Next game we are switching to the Ontario Place lot, it will be interesting to see if there is any difference other then being twice as far away from the stadium.

How well attended was the Shipyard thing? Was there a respectable crowd for the Strumbellas?

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    The Shipyard was packed with people of all ages, Argo and Tiger-Cat fans. A very festive mood all round. I thought the first group (Strumbellas?) was very good, better than the second group. Being from an earlier generation, I'm not familiar with either. The food was very good and it was good to see there was a variety. Likewise, the beer was selling for $4. We opted for Premium - very cold Hockley Valley Dark - in a tall can. It sold for $7. Good stuff. The Shipyard idea looks like a keeper!

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Just wanted to put my two cents in. I was amazed the western Exhibition Place tailgate lot was about 3/4 full. Where did all this pent-up tailgate demand come from? Mostly old people like me but still amazing. The whole thing was run very smoothly, if all those people working it were staff and not volunteers, then the team is not making a lot of money off these things. The only problem was running out of beer, which I'm sure will get corrected. Looks like they will go with Bud/BudLight on a regular basis, and then they will rotate a different craft beer into the choice on a game-by-game basis. Next game we are switching to the Ontario Place lot, it will be interesting to see if there is any difference other then being twice as far away from the stadium.

How well attended was the Shipyard thing? Was there a respectable crowd for the Strumbellas?
    loved the Shipyard. Kardi had a sparse-ish crowd considering he came on at 430pm and people were just arriving. the Strumbellas, came after him and they had a great crowd. both interacted with the crowds, Kardi is a big fan of the Argos and showed his double blue colours.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    loved the Shipyard. Kardi had a sparse-ish crowd considering he came on at 430pm and people were just arriving. the Strumbellas, came after him and they had a great crowd. both interacted with the crowds, Kardi is a big fan of the Argos and showed his double blue colours.
    Good to hear. He has performed at half time of a game each of the last 2 years at least.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Tailgate Parking Passes for Wednesdays game are sold out online but if you call the Argonauts there are a few left.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argos Tailgaters,
    This Sunday’s tailgate is going to be the biggest yet! And since it’s a Sunday afternoon game, we are opening the ‘doors’ early to give you more time to BBQ, play games and have fun prior to our huge game against our arch-rivals, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Cars will be able to start entering the lot starting at 11:00am.
    To accommodate our biggest tailgate of the season, we need a little more room. So we are moving to the bigger Ontario Place parking lot which is right beside and just a little East of where you are used to tailgating. Please see the map below that highlights the tailgate parking lot, how to access it, and the pedestrian bridge you can use to cross Lakeshore Blvd to head over to BMO Field for kickoff. This new Tailgate parking lot will be also be used for our last two regular season games on October 10 against the Stampeders and October 15 against the Roughriders.
    If you have any questions, please let us know.
    We look forward to seeing you there.