Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Ottawa signs 2 FA DTs - Darryl Waud & Mike Klassen - nice move for TC competition IMO. Probably still hoping to land former draft pick DT Medhi Abdesmad from the NFL; still have the quite under-rated Ettore Lattanzio at DT too. Waud needs to stay healthy and step up his game to prove he rated a 12th overall draft pick; Klassen has always been pretty solid IMO in limited time with the Als. IF all 4 of the above have good TC - they could easily go all NI at DT, IMO

They did trade away import DT Ceresna and lost FA Zack Evans to the Riders.
    I like Waud a lot. Very cool guy that has had some bad luck. Could be a great signing by the RedBlacks.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I like Waud a lot. Very cool guy that has had some bad luck. Could be a great signing by the RedBlacks.
    Sometimes a change of scenery is all someone needs.
    Good luck to Waud.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

Waud is in the same company as Gaydosh IMO - 2 former highly rated DT prospect for the CFL draft who just haven't panned out for much playing time and hampered by injuries; i bet both could be very solid starters in the right situation.

NI DT talent seemed so strong the past few years but doesn't always show in the CFL - Atkinson, Gill, Vaughn with the Ticats to go with Laurent; the Bummers used first overall last year on Faith Ekakitie to go with Jake Thomas; Ottawa has 2 draft picks - Abdesmad & Ankou - who have stuck in the NFL; BC has a couple of really good ones IMO in Luke & Forde, but not sure they will play that much with Wally? Stumps have been playing a NI DT and they have Junior Turner, Quinn Smith, the ex-Queens guy whose name escapes me now, plus last year's 1st rounder Randy Colling.

IMO - a classic example of how deep Canadian talent can be at a specific position, but it's not always going to show in the CFL when most teams think that they only need 7 NI starters and will defer to imports often.

A bit of a lull at DT this draft year maybe - with NCAA starter Julien Laurent the only real top notch prospect ?