Ottawa's defence outshone the offence in their intra-squad game, but the offence expects to get up to speed as they prepare for meeting the Als on Thursday.

“Defences are typically ahead of offences at this point,” said Harris. “Offences start to heat up toward the end of camp. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling and start steamrolling.”
Speaking about what his team was able to do offensively Sunday — an effort that included big plays from receivers Noel Thomas Jr., Linell Bonner III and running back Cedrick O’Neal — Redblacks offensive co-ordinator Jaime Elizondo said: “The big thing that jumps out were the turnovers. Two of those were poor decisions. The third one was the receiver fell down. I thought all the quarterbacks handled it well. We threw some deep balls that were effective. We stayed aggressive which has been the goal the entire camp. After the first turnover, we came back and threw whatever it was — a 75- or 80-yard touchdown.

“One of those interceptions we were breaking it off at 10 yards, instead of taking it the full 12. All those little details that go into executing an offence are a challenge. I thought execution wise, it was good, but it wasn’t great. I’m looking for us to continue trending upwards and to stay aggressive.” ...

Protecting the quarterback plays into this as well.
“We have to do a better job of continuing to protect the edges,” said Elizondo. “We have some great defensive linemen this year who are going to really make us better.” ...

“We need consistency, attention to details and aggressiveness,” said Elizondo. “We have to get back to up-speed, high-tempo, fast football which has been good for us. We huddled more last year than I would have liked. When we get into the flow of a game and we’re dictating the tempo, that’s when we’re pretty good.” ...

“He’s (Harris) changed a lot of things in his drop,” said Elizondo. “He’s way more comfortable in the pocket. He worked on some things with his base that have made a big difference. He’s throwing the ball with more velocity. He’s put in a helluva off-season. But he needs consistency.”
http://ottawasun.com/sports/football...regular-season