Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Nice / important home win for the Redblacks and their fans last night. So glad CFL is back in Ottawa. Will be interesting to see how they do with Masoli once that happens. Their defense and running game seems pretty good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    Nice / important home win for the Redblacks and their fans last night. So glad CFL is back in Ottawa. Will be interesting to see how they do with Masoli once that happens. Their defense and running game seems pretty good.
    I am not really sold on the Redblacks. They are better than they were a couple of years ago, but lack depth. Masoli should help but I don't see him as a saviour, by any means.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I am not really sold on the Redblacks. They are better than they were a couple of years ago, but lack depth. Masoli should help but I don't see him as a saviour, by any means.

A Khari Jones offence is going to be simpleton/predictable. They don't have a stud RB and the receiving corps is more like decent, but not top notch; O-line has some veterans but doesn't seem like it can do much in opening things for the ground game. Masoli might help but I'm not sure he is the big answer either Ravi. It would take a real smart & diverse offence (50 yard plus big gainer or TD pass to little used Dubois out of H-back or tight end - that's 2 years in a row now - is an example, but they don't get stuff like that to use it smartly or strategically to win games) - they will not get a smart, diverse, imaginative offence.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Really have to feel for Jeremiah Masoli. Works his way back from the knee injury and returns only to suffer what might be an Achilles injury.

Crum gave it his all, but I don't think his passing game will reach his running game.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Really have to feel for Jeremiah Masoli. Works his way back from the knee injury and returns only to suffer what might be an Achilles injury.

Crum gave it his all, but I don't think his passing game will reach his running game.
    Masoli surely worked hard to return, terrible injury in his first game back.
    I suspect his career is over.
    Another lousy game last night, Hamilton hot dogging like they just beat a top tier team…..humorous!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Another lousy game last night, Hamilton hot dogging like they just beat a top tier team…..humorous!
    From their perspective, they got the monkey off their back with their first win. That it was not convincing is true.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level

Crum did play well at the pre-season game in Guelph, So I was not surprised he survived camp and made the Redblacks squad. He has a lot of learning ahead of him, but I see potential there.
    is MBT in Ottawa's future?

Boatman
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Agree Hamilton may have won, but they certainly didn't look impressive. Felt so bad for Masoli, after all that work to get back then get injured again in his first game back. I also wonder if it's the end of his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueGuy View Post
    Crum did play well at the pre-season game in Guelph, So I was not surprised he survived camp and made the Redblacks squad. He has a lot of learning ahead of him, but I see potential there.
    is MBT in Ottawa's future?
    A few fans on RedBlacks post game radio call-in show were thinking MBT would come to Ottawa to save their dire QB situation. Maybe Paul should inform the RedBlacks radio guys (ex-CFL receiver James Ellingson is their big expert) if there is much likelihood of that happening - in the name of halting useless rumors or speculation (if that is the case).

One caller brought up Michael O'Connor - the radio host said he googled the name and read O'Connor is Argo property now = WTF ? O'Connor - Ottawa native, extensive experience playing QB in Canadian ball, and several years of CFL roster experience - would make perfect sense for them IMO; just not sure Dyce, with Khari Jones as his big offensive genius, would make that call, or even know how to.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    A few fans on RedBlacks post game radio call-in show were thinking MBT would come to Ottawa to save their dire QB situation. Maybe Paul should inform the RedBlacks radio guys (ex-CFL receiver James Ellingson is their big expert) if there is much likelihood of that happening - in the name of halting useless rumors or speculation (if that is the case).

One caller brought up Michael O'Connor - the radio host said he googled the name and read O'Connor is Argo property now = WTF ? O'Connor - Ottawa native, extensive experience playing QB in Canadian ball, and several years of CFL roster experience - would make perfect sense for them IMO; just not sure Dyce, with Khari Jones as his big offensive genius, would make that call, or even know how to.
    Watching the likes of Crum being trotted out on the field it truly boggles the mind that O’Connor remains unsigned.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Nothing I can say would stop speculation about MBT coming back to Canada. People are naturally going to look at him as a potential answer to QB woes. After all, he has five years of CFL experience including a few dozen starts, and a championship. But I'll believe he's coming back when I see it. It's not just Ott fans howling for him; I've seen some Edm supporters doing it as well.

As for O'Connor, I don't see how he could belong to the Argos unless they have suddenly signed him. I don't think you can neg-list guys who have finished their CFL contracts; even if you could, he would then have the right to force Toronto to sign or release him, I believe.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Watching the likes of Crum being trotted out on the field it truly boggles the mind that O’Connor remains unsigned.
    I agree MOC should be on a CFL roster, but I'm not ready to kiss off Crum based on three quarters of one game.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

It would be very CFLish to give up on Crum and assume his passing game will not be good. For a first appearance, likely getting no practice reps, I thought he did fine. too many QB's have had their careers ended in this league from lack of patience in development.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't know how hard Masoli actually worked. He looked way above his listed weight of 215 lbs to me. It's sad that such a good person has to go down this way, and I'm not saying weight is the reason for his injury. But to me, he looked very slow up until the time he got hurt last night.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't know how hard Masoli actually worked. He looked way above his listed weight of 215 lbs to me. It's sad that such a good person has to go down this way, and I'm not saying weight is the reason for his injury. But to me, he looked very slow up until the time he got hurt last night.
    I’m not going to doubt how hard he worked in rehabbing his injury, I suspect the cumulative damage from all of his injuries slowed him down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree MOC should be on a CFL roster, but I'm not ready to kiss off Crum based on three quarters of one game.
    Not saying anyone should “kiss off” Crum at all, is his ceiling any higher than O’Connor?
    I suspect we’ll never find out which is a shame.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Not saying anyone should “kiss off” Crum at all, is his ceiling any higher than O’Connor?
    I suspect we’ll never find out which is a shame.
    His ceiling might be higher, or lower, but I'm not going to reach a conclusion after one partial game played.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It's well documented that he had a major setback in his recovery from the original injury, post-surgery. Whether or not he was in optimum condition (I didn't notice anything that would suggest he was or wasn't), I have zero doubt he worked his ass off to get back to being able to play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I’m not going to doubt how hard he worked in rehabbing his injury, I suspect the cumulative damage from all of his injuries slowed him down.
    I have always been skeptical that Masoli would be a saviour for the Redblacks as he has not played a lot of football since 2019. This is now his second non-contact season-ending injury over the past four years - both have happened at Tim Horton Field - along with the season-ending injury from the dirty hit last year in Saskatchewan. That's three season-ending injuries over the past four CFL seasons and he didn't exactly light it up in 2021 either from what I can recall. I can't see the Redblacks having any recourse but to move on from Masoli but how they do so is a big question.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Getting to see Crum play so soon, is surprising, but happens plenty in the CFL with young QBs getting a shot somehow, usually due to injuries or real poor play from #1 or #2 on the depth chart. When Canadian QBs are almost never on rosters, don't expect to see one of them instead of whatever American QBs who always are on rosters.

And Crum has a far superior college ball resume to the Argos' new back-ups; how they got to participate in Argo TC but O'Connor did not is way more mind boggling to me.