Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Former Argo discusses teaming up with other former Argos Elizondo, Harris and Shaw in Ottawa below.

“Coach Jaime as my receivers coach my first year in Toronto, he kind of just pushed me,” Spencer said of his relationship with his new offensive coordinator. “It was kind of something I felt I needed coming into the CFL. I wasn’t scared of going back to that. I felt I needed that. I know he’s going to be on me, he gets the best out of me and he’s kind of just been somebody that helped me my first year developing my game.
    “Teaming back up with him is going to be big, playing receiver and being in that system.”
    That offensive system will be centred around Harris, who will assume the starting role after veteran pivot Henry Burris decided to hang up his cleats for good, ending his career on a high by winning the 104th Grey Cup presented by Shaw.
    The chemistry between Spencer and Harris had already begun to brew – the two were teammates back in 2015 – and their personal relationship carried on even after Harris left Toronto and joined the REDBLACKS.
    “When I first got there (Toronto) he was somebody that I just became friends with instantly,” Spencer said, smiling at the first mention of Harris’ name. “And throughout the whole process he was right there letting me know what was going on and what type of team they (Ottawa) had over there. It was a good situation for me.”
    When the CFL free agency period hit in February, Spencer hit the open market. He said his decision to sign on the dotted line with the REDBLACKS was an easy one, especially with his familiarity with the offensive coordinator and quarterback.
    “It feels good,” Spencer grinned when asked about how it feels to be a REDBLACK. “It feels good to be part of a great organization and I’m looking forward to it.”
    Since they both joined the Argonauts in 2015, Shaw and Spencer became instant friends and now, as luck would have it, they’re both headed to a new team together. ...

“We’re blessed to play with each other for two years and now we’ll continue to play with each other and that’s like a brother to me,” he said. “We were kind of looking at the market, seeing who was going to leave. Ernest (Jackson) and Chris (Williams) ended up leaving. They needed two receivers and what better way to go there, me and him.” ...

Both Williams and Jackson didn’t re-sign with Ottawa after becoming free agents this year. Instead, they signed with the BC Lions and Montreal Alouettes, respectively. Williams and Jackson along with Greg Ellingson and Brad Sinopoli were the first-ever quartet of receivers to catch 1000 yards in back-to-back seasons.
    With two of those 1000-yard receivers out of the picture, Spencer and Shaw saw an opportunity that they couldn’t pass up although they both know they’ll have big shoes to fill.
    “It’s expectations coming with that,” Spencer said of replacing Williams and Jackson. “Those guys put up big numbers and won a Grey Cup. I feel like it’s going to be a challenge but that’s me and Kenny’s mentality – we look forward to challenging ourselves. The opportunity is going to be there for us. It’s pretty good.” ...
    “Hopefully I can stay healthy and just put up the numbers I know I can put up,” said Spencer. “Like I said, it’s not about the individual success but once that comes then comes team success. I’m looking forward to it and looking forward to contributing to the team.”
    http://www.cfl.ca/2017/04/21/new-cit...ontae-spencer/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    The loss of Brock Sunderland this late in the preseason will be awkward for the Redblacks' preparation for the upcoming season.

The timing won’t be perfect for the Redblacks, but there was no way Ottawa GM Marcel Desjardins would ever deny his top lieutenant the opportunity to become a GM, even if it was with a Canadian Football League rival. The Redblacks will begin a three-day mini camp Thursday.
    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/foot...ton-eskimos-gm

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Not buying it. If they really thought it would be awkward, they never would have let him go.