Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It would be unfair, but possible. I don't think Harris was that bad. Criner ran a really bad rounded off out pattern on that first pick. You are taught pre high school not to round your outs off like that. Ellingson dropped a beauty of a pass down the sideline when the score was 14-8. That was a HUGE drop. Then when Ellingson got hurt, their receiving core was Spencer and really nobody else. IMO, it definitely was not on Harris.

Criner may have run a poor route there, but sorry, that pass was quite under-thrown - did not put it out in front of the receiver - by Harris to allow the Rider LB to pick it - and this has been mentioned several times (TSN guys i think, plus Ottawa radio guys); Harris makes a better throw there most of the time, but IMO he was off target too often in this biggest game of his career. Sinopoli out with injury hurt them, and then Ellingson got nicked to make matters worse; Spencer had some great moments for them this year, but also dropped too many passes (guess he can be their version of a speedy but iffy smurf like Brandon Banks). Last year's 6th round draft pick Austin Hartley got in the game for them after Jake Harty got hurt and produced 2 real nice catches - a big gainer where Harris hit him well down field in stride, and then he went low to make a nice grab; guy has speed, but we shall see if he progresses to more playing time - I'll bet Sinopoli is the only Canadian receiver to get full time work there next year; Desjardins & Campbell gave plenty of time to mediocre imports like Rhymes and Stangby and those types will be favored IMO.

I'd stick with Trevor Harris at QB if i was them - guy can still learn & progress and IMO he is very talented. Franklin has proven very little in the CFL. Adding Collaros might be nice for them but they would not be able to afford him and Harris.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Criner may have run a poor route there, but sorry, that pass was quite under-thrown
    I'm gonna disagree. If he ran a proper out where he is coming slightly back toward the line of scrimmage, rather than toward the goal line, at the very worst that pass is just a bat down. At best, he shields the DB with his body and catches the pass. Jock Climie also pointed that out at half time. He was a great route runner and I agree with him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country