Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    HC Rick Campbell says he plans to get everybody who is healthy into Monday's game.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2016/...o-play-monday/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ottawa has recently brought in receiver Austin Hill who may give them another receiving weapon if he makes a team already loaded in that area.

Just when Austin Hill thought he had the world in his hands, a devastating knee injury delivered a huge uppercut.
    It looked like the son of 12-year NFL tight end David Hill was well on his way to big things south of the border until the final day of spring camp for the University of Arizona Wildcats in 2013. Coming off his sophomore season, 2012, where he caught 81 passes for 1,364 yards and 11 touchdowns, Hill tore his ACL. It changed everything.
    “It brought me down to earth,” said the 24-year-old receiver, who signed with the Ottawa Redblacks on Wednesday. “At that point, I had an invincible type of feeling. I felt even better than I did before my sophomore season. I thought I was going to have a great year. The injury made me realize that football can be taken away from you at any given time — it’s a physical and violent sport. It was humbling and I learned lot about myself. Not everyone gets lucky, it is what it is. I feel like I’m a better athlete because of what happened.”
    He returned in 2014, with the Wildcats using him a bit differently, moving him inside to tight end when necessary. His statistics suffered; he caught 49 passes for 635 yards. Later, when he was done his college career, teams came calling. But what was once certainty turned into hesitation and questions about the questions.
    “It was a chain of events,” said Hill. “Injuries like that really scare teams. We were running a fast-paced offence, I was basically the vet, big receiver. If we needed a tight end, I would go to tight end. I played probably 50% tight end, 50% receiver my senior year. The NFL viewed that as like a, ‘Oh, his coaches are doing that because he can’t play anymore.’ I just wanted to be a team player and help the team. We got to the Fiesta Bowl doing it.
    “I hope it also helped how a lot of teams saw my toughness. I was able to put some 300-pounders on my back and open up some holes.”
    There were looks from NFL teams — the New York Jets and New England Patriots. But Hill was at home when he got the recent call from the Redblacks.
    “It was a crazy morning,” said Hill. “I was hanging out with my family in California. I got a call from a number I’d never seen before. I thought, ‘Oh, OK, I’ll answer this real quick.’ It was the Redblacks telling me they were going to send me a contract. I was excited and blessed for the opportunity to keep playing football.
    “I was kind of holding out hopes for the NFL. Teams were playing the ‘on-the-list’ card. You don’t really know what that means. So when a CFL team called, I was happy and I was ready to go. There was no hesitation. I had talked to my agent and my family and said if I got an opportunity, I was going to take it and not look back.”

Only in Ottawa’s training camp for a few days, the CFL’s unique rules are making more and more sense.
    “It’s different,” said Hill. “There’s a lot more movement. To the eye, it might look a lot more difficult. But once you pick up how everything moves, it gets easier from there.”
    Hill fits into a very talented group of receivers fighting for jobs with the Redblacks. He’s hoping for the chance to prove what he can do.
    “I’m definitely 100% physically,” he said. “Mentally, I feel like I just need that game situation. That sophomore year, I really turned it up during games, I felt invincible. Since the injury and when I was playing tight end, I didn’t have that invincible feeling inside of me. I’m hoping to get into a game situation here and show everyone that invincible Austin Hill that there used to be.”
    Hill grew up in a football family — his dad was an exceptional player, twice named a Pro Bowl player with the Detroit Lions. He also played with the L.A. Rams.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...977/story.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Burris talks about getting Ottawa's game mojo going.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2016/...me-mojo-going/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Redblack's ticket sales are going well, which is not surprising after their trip to the Grey Cup game in only their second season last year.

The REDBLACKS announced Tuesday that fewer than 4,000 tickets remain for their home opener against the Calgary Stampeders at TD Place on July 8.
    After Ottawa’s run to the Grey Cup game last season, RNation is hungrier than ever for the 2016 season to start and showed that by quickly snapping up thousands of Home Opener Ticket Packs – a three-game ticket packs that includes the July 8 game.
    “As players, it’s great to know that when we start the season the excitement, passion and energy the fans showed us throughout the past two seasons is going to pick right up where it left off,” said REDBLACKS quarterback Henry Burris. “We have the loudest and proudest fans in the CFL and we can’t wait to get out there and play for them.”
    http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2016/...s-home-opener/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Mateas, Van, Campbell and Paden talk about the preseason opener.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2016/...season-opener/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    QB Brett Smith, RB Nic Grigsby, and DB Tristan Jackson have been added to Ottawa's PR.

I like the Jackson move, as I feel Jackson is a pretty good db, but Smith and Grigsby ?

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, the Redblacks did lose their #1 and #2 RB's in quick succession this season so Grigsby makes sense in that department. They also picked up "Come to me no more" Mossis Madu who had previously played for Hamilton.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Well, the Redblacks did lose their #1 and #2 RB's in quick succession this season so Grigsby makes sense in that department. They also picked up "Come to me no more" Mossis Madu who had previously played for Hamilton.
    But Grigsby ?
    He couldn't find a hole even if he fell through the rabbit hole. Not to mention running between the tackles............. even Josey is better than him at that. You would think after having Chevon Walker; the Redblacks would realize to avoid guys like this at all costs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post

Guess I'll have to make a roster change in fantasy. So few dollars to spend at that position, he was actually decent value.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    OV will be over the moon with the news that they are going with Canadian Kienan Lafrance at tailback. Apparently, Brendan Gillanders is returning from injury to back Lafrance up.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Redblacks release RB Nic Grigsby.
    Holy Itinerant Occupation, Batman!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    OV will be over the moon with the news that they are going with Canadian Kienan Lafrance at tailback. Apparently, Brendan Gillanders is returning from injury to back Lafrance up.

An interesting situation with RedBlacks RBs for some time Ravi. Went through quite a few.

Lafrance has been around for 2 seasons, and impressed some with a bit of duty, especially this season - seems pretty good at running, blocking and catching - requirements of a CFL tailback now; when the RedBlacks first 2 RBs this season - Powell & Vann - went down with injury, they could have turned to Lafrance as the starter - but instead they air-lifted in CFL retread Grigsby (who had some decent runs for them), who was selling cars in Florida i think (i.e. had not been in their camp); while I had praised Campbell & Desjardins & co. there for starting 9 NIs and also giving playing time to other young NIs on O & D = non-GOB like, the signing of Grigsby AND handing him the starter job was instead very GOB like and a slap in the face to Lafrance IMO; and Grigsby basically cost Ottawa a win with his fumble down near the goal line late game vs. the Stumps (game ended a tie - no fumble and a win for sure). Not enough faith in Lafrance a few games ago, but now they do ? - I'll believe he is the full game starter at tailback when I see it (and it would be impressive to see Gillanders maybe get some playing time at his natural position to see what he could do too).

Hardly any Canadian tailbacks getting real CFL shots since the advent of Cornish, Messam and Harris as top notch backs a few seasons ago (more like 5 years back now?)- talk then that this was a new CFL change of direction or change of GOB mind-set ? - laughable / not even close. Probably somewhere around 40 or 50 different new or recycled import RBs have got CFL starts and lots of playing time since that time, and ZERO Canadian tailbacks (outside of Matt Walter as an injury replacement for Cornish) have got the call. We shall see.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    ...since the advent of Cornish, Messam and Harris...
    Clearly Canadian RBs must be avoided like the plague! Especially in the Canadian Football League.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Tweets emanating from the Ottawa media, including beat writer Tim Baines, indicate that Henry Burris has lost his starting QB position to Trevor Harris a year early. Hank has to be incensed.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Tweets emanating from the Ottawa media, including beat writer Tim Baines, indicate that Henry Burris has lost his starting QB position to Trevor Harris a year early. Hank has to be incensed.
    I figured this would happen after Trevor's great start. I highly doubt Hank is happy, so I wonder how he'll handle the backup role.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Baby Hank got spanked. They will have to have a crib on the sidelines.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Henry gone by Labor Day?

A friend predicted that.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Henry gone by Labor Day?

A friend predicted that.
    We should........................ Nah, we should just wait until FA17, when Brock Jensen becomes available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I wonder if Hank told Campbell to...................