Reply to Thread
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Anyone still watching the NHL?

I've been following most games until they get to late. It's been the best playoffs in years and years. Look how The Pens have come out of nowhere to be two games away from the cup. I really hope Sid gets another one. I'll be watching here any minute.

Oh and how about Marner and his London Knights? One hell of a run and Marner has zero to prove and to me is NHL ready. London was a special team to watch in the Memorial Cup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Doesn't this question get asked every year ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I've found that the quality of hockey in the playoffs over the past few seasons has been the best I have ever seen.
    Hockey fans who tune out when their team is eliminated are missing out on terrific hockey.

As for Mitch Marner, the only thing standing between him and a roster spot on the Maple Leafs next year is his size.
    I saw him live in a Knights home game earlier this past season and his lack of size stood out as the only thing holding him back.
    He could get seriously pummelled by the bigger guys in the NHL.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    The league is heading to a place where smaller guys can excel. He may have to attempt to bulk up a bit but I don't think another year with London does much for him. I guess it's only staying with the Leafs or London. Not sure why the league logistics can't have him playing with The Marlies?
    I'd be ok seeing him play against the Petes next year. We love having Petes seasons and having the chance to see so many future NHL stars.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am. I love hockey, but I really wish the league would do the right thing and start the playoffs no later than Apr 3 or 4 . This would pretty well mean no June hockey. Start Oct 1, end Apr 1.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I am. I love hockey, but I really wish the league would do the right thing and start the playoffs no later than Apr 3 or 4 . This would pretty well mean no June hockey. Start Oct 1, end Apr 1.
    This x1,000,000

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I completely agree. As the playoffs have progressed, I have found myself watching less and less of them and I have barely watched the finals. Hell, I can barely remember when the games are on at this point.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I've been following most games until they get to late. It's been the best playoffs in years and years. Look how The Pens have come out of nowhere to be two games away from the cup. I really hope Sid gets another one. I'll be watching here any minute.

Oh and how about Marner and his London Knights? One hell of a run and Marner has zero to prove and to me is NHL ready. London was a special team to watch in the Memorial Cup.
    Agree 100%, really great hockey. Crosby's playing the most well rounded hockey of his career and deserves another cup. It's why I'm pulling for the Pens, and Mitch Marner was a beast at the Memorial Cup. He will be the best Leaf player for the next 15 years and that includes Austin Matthews. Marner is going to be another Dougie Gilmour. He may look frail now because he's a young guy, but he's already proven how mentally tough and skilled he is. He was Canada's best player in their quarter-final loss to Finland at the World Jrs. and that was against many older opponents. Of all the top players for Canada, he was one of the few who showed up and played great that game.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I've found that the quality of hockey in the playoffs over the past few seasons has been the best I have ever seen.
    Hockey fans who tune out when their team is eliminated are missing out on terrific hockey.

As for Mitch Marner, the only thing standing between him and a roster spot on the Maple Leafs next year is his size.
    I saw him live in a Knights home game earlier this past season and his lack of size stood out as the only thing holding him back.
    He could get seriously pummelled by the bigger guys in the NHL.
    The NHL has become a softer league, a lot quicker but softer. It plays to his advantage. His skill is as good as any young player whose come into the league since Crosby and Malkin, and I even think his skill is comparable to Austin Matthews and Connor McDavid.
    As someone else mentioned X that by 1,000,000. The NHL should really try to get the Stanley Cup handed out by the end of May. I hate having to choose between watching a great playoff game and enjoying the nice weather. It's not like we live in Tampa or San Jose and have nice weather year-round.

For some reason, the NHL has run their playoffs exactly during the same weeks as the NBA since this "idiot clown" Bettman took over. And why they went to 82 games is beyond me?...oh yah, the NBA had 82 games, frigging ridiculous.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I love the fact that Crosby just looks so much more tough and takes no crap like he used to. He got knocked right into the Sharks open door and onto the floor and just got up and out without any bitching to the refs. He's so bloody strong as he takes the puck along the boards and plays keep away. I'm hoping for a game 5 win by the Pens and Sid. Watching this Pens team reminds me of the 93 Canadians coming out of nowhere to win it all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I never find the hockey season tiring to watch because I don't start watching until playoff time. But V's idea is still 100% bang on ... and thus they'll never do it.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    How did Pittsburg lose that game last night? They dominated the Sharks but just couldn't beat Jones enough. Sharks obviously had horseshoes.