Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    MILANOVICH TALKS STANDOUTS AT PRESEASON
    http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/06/13/m...-at-preseason/

Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    That's good to hear. As a CFL fan first and a Ticat fan second, I am appalled at the number of Ticat fans who laugh at the 16000 crowd for the preseason game. I just don't get it. I honestly think it's because the stadium/crowd was the one thing we felt like we could have constant bragging rights over (the Argos have more GCs and more recently too; the Ticats have the '15 ESF win vs Argos but that's only good for an offseason, and Labour Day, but always get the feeling that means more to us than you). Any time the Argo fans were knocking Ticat fans, we always had the fanbase/stadium issue to hang over your heads. That could all change and I think it's scaring the anti-Argo Ticat fans. But trust me... that's not all of us.. myself, with many others that I know, love what could be happening in Toronto. We tend to see the bigger picture. There are some intelligent Ticat fans out there, after all.
    Yeah, from the conversations I had with Ticats fans; they seem genuinely happy for us. It was almost like we've got a shot now to turn it around the way Bob Young turn around the Ticats (hopefully a bit faster lol). We talked Brandon Banks, the Ticats open house, Sask's new stadium, Zach being injured, Ray being healthy, I was asked who the young QB Milanovich will develop is etc. I enjoyed the conversations; tbh I think CFL fans as a whole want to see each team do well off the field.............. on the field is another matter at times.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    MILANOVICH TALKS STANDOUTS AT PRESEASON
    http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/06/13/m...-at-preseason/

Yeah, from the conversations I had with Ticats fans; they seem genuinely happy for us. It was almost like we've got a shot now to turn it around the way Bob Young turn around the Ticats (hopefully a bit faster lol). We talked Brandon Banks, the Ticats open house, Sask's new stadium, Zach being injured, Ray being healthy, I was asked who the young QB Milanovich will develop is etc. I enjoyed the conversations; tbh I think CFL fans as a whole want to see each team do well off the field.............. on the field is another matter at times.
    I love talking to Argo fans. If you ask many Ticat fans, including myself, they'll tell you they actually hate the Als more than the Argos.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's good to hear. As a CFL fan first and a Ticat fan second, I am appalled at the number of Ticat fans who laugh at the 16000 crowd for the preseason game. I just don't get it. I honestly think it's because the stadium/crowd was the one thing we felt like we could have constant bragging rights over (the Argos have more GCs and more recently too; the Ticats have the '15 ESF win vs Argos but that's only good for an offseason, and Labour Day, but always get the feeling that means more to us than you). Any time the Argo fans were knocking Ticat fans, we always had the fanbase/stadium issue to hang over your heads. That could all change and I think it's scaring the anti-Argo Ticat fans. But trust me... that's not all of us.. myself, with many others that I know, love what could be happening in Toronto. We tend to see the bigger picture. There are some intelligent Ticat fans out there, after all.
    Bob Young has done such a terrific job in Hamilton that these challenges are no longer present, but I still remember a time when Ticat attendance was also dreadfully bad. It'll take a little more time in Toronto because I don't think the Ticats (in spite of those issues) were ever as disconnected from the culture of Hamilton as the Argos are disconnected presently from the culture of Toronto, but if it can happen in Hamilton, Ottawa and Montreal then I believe that it can also happen here. As for some of the fans, well we all got morons. I guess the single most thing that irritates me about that subset of Ticat fans is their exaggeration of the % of Ticat fans present at Ticats @ Argo games.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Bob Young has done such a terrific job in Hamilton that these challenges are no longer present, but I still remember a time when Ticat attendance was also dreadfully bad. It'll take a little more time in Toronto because I don't think the Ticats (in spite of those issues) were ever as disconnected from the culture of Hamilton as the Argos are disconnected presently from the culture of Toronto, but if it can happen in Hamilton, Ottawa and Montreal then I believe that it can also happen here. As for some of the fans, well we all got morons. I guess the single most thing that irritates me about that subset of Ticat fans is their exaggeration of the % of Ticat fans present at Ticats @ Argo games.
    Yes, Bob Young has done a great job but it did not happen overnight. There were some dreadful seasons early on, where a honeymoon period with Bob kept the butts in the seats despite losing records. Followed by the Great Stadium Debate (yes, it deserves to be a proper noun lol) where Bob became public enemy #1 in many Hamiltonians eyes (including many Ticat fans) and resulting in a better-than-nothing stadium location. That was followed by a season in the wilderness in Guelph, and half a season at Mac. We are lucky we have the owner we do. Think any other owner would have bailed a long time ago. So it wasn't an easy turnaround. And you're right that even when the crowds were sparse, there was still an aura of Ticats in the city. People still talked about the team. Might be harder in TO, but Bell and LT seem dedicated. I love how Rogers has to sit back and watch while their MLSE partners buy the one sports organization Rogers hates. I hope it is a resounding success and Rogers is left out in the cold.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I do remember attendance figures in Hamilton taking a turn for the better fairly quickly in 2004. It sucks because it appeared on the surface that things were getting better here in Toronto too, but C & S were not at the same level of commitment that Young is/was.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I do remember attendance figures in Hamilton taking a turn for the better fairly quickly in 2004. It sucks because it appeared on the surface that things were getting better here in Toronto too, but C & S were not at the same level of commitment that Young is/was.
    I remember the fanfare that C&S got along with BY when they first came in to the league. Sucks that C&S didn't work out. To be fair, the Ticats were the easier of the two to turn around, like you said. The Argos had stadium problems, lack of media attention, NFL intrusion, and having to deal with a big-league culture in Toronto. The Ticats had stadium and 18-34 marketing problems.

Always like when Bob Young said that no one buys a CFL team to make money (you won't make a lot). You buy a team because you love the league. In his case, his deceased brother loved the league (and team) and wanted to see the Ticats survive forever. His main goal is to make it financially stable with a viable future so there will be plenty of reputable suitors when it's time for him to sell. We're lucky to have him. Better than guys like Braley who tend to think more in the 'here and now'.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yes, Bob Young has done a great job but it did not happen overnight. There were some dreadful seasons early on, where a honeymoon period with Bob kept the butts in the seats despite losing records. Followed by the Great Stadium Debate (yes, it deserves to be a proper noun lol) where Bob became public enemy #1 in many Hamiltonians eyes (including many Ticat fans) and resulting in a better-than-nothing stadium location. That was followed by a season in the wilderness in Guelph, and half a season at Mac. We are lucky we have the owner we do. Think any other owner would have bailed a long time ago. So it wasn't an easy turnaround. And you're right that even when the crowds were sparse, there was still an aura of Ticats in the city. People still talked about the team. Might be harder in TO, but Bell and LT seem dedicated. I love how Rogers has to sit back and watch while their MLSE partners buy the one sports organization Rogers hates. I hope it is a resounding success and Rogers is left out in the cold.
    Our family attended the Ticat fan day event last weekend, what a great time we had, my son got autographs and pictures with John Chick, Zach Collaros and we had our picture taken with Courtney Stephen.
    Brilliant set up on the field, Ticat organization knows how to connect with their community.
    Ticat shop in the stadium is amazing, I ended up $250 lighter buying my son a personalized jersey (which they do right on the spot) and a cap.
    Talked to several Ticat fans about the Argonauts and they understood my excitement regarding the new ownership and stadium.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Our family attended the Ticat fan day event last weekend, what a great time we had, my son got autographs and pictures with John Chick, Zach Collaros and we had our picture taken with Courtney Stephen.
    Brilliant set up on the field, Ticat organization knows how to connect with their community.
    Ticat shop in the stadium is amazing, I ended up $250 lighter buying my son a personalized jersey (which they do right on the spot) and a cap.
    Talked to several Ticat fans about the Argonauts and they understood my excitement regarding the new ownership and stadium.
    Glad to hear you had a good time.