Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I only realized last night that Nichols, Bo Levi Mitchell and Vernon Adams were all QBs at the same school - Eastern Washington. I believe that Mitchell and Nichols overlapped by a year while Adams redshirted during Mitchell's final season.
    And Mike Reilly went to Central Washington.

Glenn = Illinois State
    Ray = Sacramento State
    Lulay = Montana State
    Jennings = Saginaw Valley State

It's interesting how the majority of the starting quarterbacks are from I-AA schools (or D-II with Jennings).

Throw in Burris (Temple), Willy (Buffalo) and Trevor Harris (Edinboro), and all the QBs likely to get major playing time outside of Durant (North Carolina) are from smaller schools.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Matt Nichols discusses how he feels after TC and first preseason game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Willy discusses TC prep, basic preseason game strategy vs regular season complexity and receivers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Recap of the game:

Some lines were completely forgotten, others brutally flubbed. And so, as initial Canadian Football League dress rehearsals go, it pretty much met any and every expectation.
    All that said, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers 36-13 sloppy-but-entertaining victory over the Montreal Alouettes in front of 23,334 at Investors Group Field Wednesday night did offer up enough to leave this team’s diehards wanting more.
    Much more.
    Quarterback Drew Willy started and exited without getting dinged, the spiffy new free agent additions flashed small sample size evidence of why so many in this town are giddy about their arrivals and – just as important – a handful of the newcomers did what they were supposed to do by popping off the page to make the coaches’ evaluations difficult.
    Granted, the 2016 edition is still very much a work in progress and the club has little time to hone things further with the preseason finale going this Monday in Ottawa against the REDBLACKS. But a win is a win is a win, as the old saying goes, even if it is just an exhibition. ...

WHO STEPPED UP
    Kicker Sergio Castillo: He might just be the longest of long shots in Bomber camp as he is battling the most accurate kicker in CFL history in Justin Medlock, but after missing his first attempt from 44 yards, he then connected on four straight from 35, 44, 39 and 49. Put it this way: he might be in tough here, but helped himself with his performance.
    “I’m just thankful I got another opportunity after I missed the first one,” said Castillo. “You’re going to have misses here and there. I just saw it as an opportunity to bounce back.”
    DL Adrian Hubbard: He can play both end and tackle and with the Bombers looking for someone to anchor the other side of the line opposite Jamaal Westerman, his first night’s work was solid.
    RB Timothy Flanders: Benefitted from a replay that overturned a fumble, but showed a burst and later scored on a one-yard TD at the end of the first half.
    WR/KR Quincy McDuffie: Made one glaring error, and it likely cost him a TD, when he whiffed on a pass near the goal line that was intercepted. But showed explosiveness in the return game that hinted at why the Hamilton Tiger-Cats kept him around as insurance to Brandon Banks the last couple of years.
    QB’s Dominique Davis and Bryan Bennett: They’re battling each other for the third-string gig behind Drew Willy and Matt Nichols and were both solid. Yes, it’s only the preseason, but Davis was way more decisive than in his first CFL start last November in Toronto.
    And Bennett, the hard-throwing product of Southeastern Louisiana and Oregon, ran for a score and hooked up with Fred Williams for a 28-yard TD inside the final three minutes.
    “I don’t look back at old games, but I did want to build off that,” said Davis, when asked if it helped to have last year’s start under his belt. “I just take it one day at a time and transfer it from practice to the game.
    “There were some good things and some things I need to work on, but I’ll get in the film room tomorrow and work from there.”
    New guys Ryan Smith, Andrew Harris, Euclid Cummings, Medlock and Keith Shologan: Smith pulled in a 32-yard pass from Willy, Harris had a superb catch-and-run TD wiped out by a penalty; Cummings was a beast on a third-and-short stop while Medlock crushed a 47-yarder to open the scoring. Weston Dressler, FYI, suited up but was limited to holding for Medlock and did not take any offensive snaps. He’s been a bit banged up in the last few days.
    “This is huge, it’s huge,” said Harris. “This city needs it, this club needs it. I’ve been telling the guys, ‘Get used to it.’ The feeling of winning is something you need to get used to and you’ve got to understand how to do it and appreciate it.”
    http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/06/0...tl-game-recap/
    Last edited by jerrym; 06-11-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level