Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level

BMO amenities

Today was my first football game ever. BMO was awesome. Loved the atmosphere. Didnt hurt that we won either lol

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Re: Water Fountains

At the ACC, I asked for water at one of their bars and they gave me cup of water in a pop cup with ice at no charge. I believe if you're selling alcohol you have to offer water at no cost. Hopefully they offer the same service at BMO.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    When the dome had people in it the atmosphere was second to none. Have you ever been at a game like the 100th Grey Cup? In the early years I sat in the 1st row of the 500 level. Never had better seats for anything anywhere. You could see everything. It wasn't just about games but game day experience and that used to be great before and after games at Joe Badali's. That all went south in the time that we had moved west. The Argonauts might have stood a chance if they ever marketed. The dome was comfortable and when we got the dome Torontonians were pumped to be out of the old dank CNE Stadium.

Lying to myself? Really? I sat at the CNE during horrible, cold, pissing rain days and that wasn't fun. Rain would flow down the south stands and there was no way to avoid walking in inches of stink water. That wasn't fun. The booze part was ok but I'm past those smuggling booze in days.

The only reason I posted above because it only took one game for some negative crap to fly and that made me laugh. It's Toronto the land of I want this and I need that. Those people won't go to BMO.

The Toronto Argonauts are responsible for the lack of atmosphere at the dome. They walked in 89 thinking that people would show up and only marketed on and off the whole time. They screwed over long time CNE Stadium season ticket holders losing diehards left and right.

I hope BMO is the answer but I didn't hate the dome until Rogers started playing games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    When the dome had people in it the atmosphere was second to none. Have you ever been at a game like the 100th Grey Cup? In the early years I sat in the 1st row of the 500 level. Never had better seats for anything anywhere. You could see everything. It wasn't just about games but game day experience and that used to be great before and after games at Joe Badali's. That all went south in the time that we had moved west. The Argonauts might have stood a chance if they ever marketed. The dome was comfortable and when we got the dome Torontonians were pumped to be out of the old dank CNE Stadium.

Lying to myself? Really? I sat at the CNE during horrible, cold, pissing rain days and that wasn't fun. Rain would flow down the south stands and there was no way to avoid walking in inches of stink water. That wasn't fun. The booze part was ok but I'm past those smuggling booze in days.

The only reason I posted above because it only took one game for some negative crap to fly and that made me laugh. It's Toronto the land of I want this and I need that. Those people won't go to BMO.

The Toronto Argonauts are responsible for the lack of atmosphere at the dome. They walked in 89 thinking that people would show up and only marketed on and off the whole time. They screwed over long time CNE Stadium season ticket holders losing diehards left and right.

I hope BMO is the answer but I didn't hate the dome until Rogers started playing games.
    Problem with that though was that the dome was only filled for football maybe 3 times in 27 years. '07 GC; '12 GC and '91 Eastern Final. I would say other than those 3 crowds of 50k+, they only had 2 or 3 others of 40k+, which means every other football game ever played there had a minimum of 15k empty seats, and sometimes as many as 40k. It was never going to work there again.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Problem with that though was that the dome was only filled for football maybe 3 times in 27 years. '07 GC; '12 GC and '91 Eastern Final. I would say other than those 3 crowds of 50k+, they only had 2 or 3 others of 40k+, which means every other football game ever played there had a minimum of 15k empty seats, and sometimes as many as 40k. It was never going to work there again.
    I am not a dome hater. I liked going to the dome. I liked the location and being sheltered from the elements especially when I think back to the cold wet games at the ex. I do 100% agree that the dome was not right for the Argos and was never going to move the team forward. This is the right move regardless of what people think the short comings are. This is it and I was very pleased with the preseason game. I don't know why there are so many complaints. I guess they should play in everyone's living room with their beer fridges etc. Good point and I 100% agree.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Going from memory, I know the 05 EF got 44,000. The 91 home opener against Hamilton got 41,000, however I don't think they cracked 40,000 ths rest of that regular season. A game in 92 got 44,000 against Ottawa. They announced 40,000+ for a few regular season games against Winnipeg and Hamilton in the 05-07 era. The 89 GC was sold out.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Going from memory, I know the 05 EF got 44,000. The 91 home opener against Hamilton got 41,000, however I don't think they cracked 40,000 ths rest of that regular season. A game in 92 got 44,000 against Ottawa. They announced 40,000+ for a few regular season games against Winnipeg and Hamilton in the 05-07 era. The 89 GC was sold out.
    completely forgot about the '89 Grey Cup. I was at the '92 and very sad to see so many empty seats at that one. That 44k in '92 against Ottawa may have been distributed tickets, but no way that many in the building. '91 Eastern Final IMO was the most electric I had ever seen the place live. I was not at the '12 GC.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    When the dome had people in it the atmosphere was second to none. Have you ever been at a game like the 100th Grey Cup?.
    Being an Argos fan, and 15 year season ticket holder, yes I was there. I agree it was an amazing atmosphere that game. A few playoff games had a good atmosphere, but as far as the dome having a good atmosphere in general, I cannot agree with that. Atmosphere I believe also entails the actual stadium itself...and a concrete coffin with horrific sight lines doesn't turn me on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    I can't comment on that being only 31 years old, and never experiencing that. I am not arguing the fact that you go a widdle wet sometimes, I am simply talking about the dome having zero atmosphere. And now with a roof, you don't have to worry about that, right?

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    I've never been to an Argos game at the Skydome, I'm a new fan, but i remember watching the Jays back in the dark days of the mid Oughts when they were struggling to bring in peeps to watch. It felt cavernous, quiet...almost sad. Now I transfer that feeling to the Argos when CFL football isn't as popular....it's definitely more welcoming to be at BMO; to say the least.

New Fan
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    I was pretty impressed with the entire atmosphere at BMO. Not quite as clean as Skydome, and not the history of Exhibition Stadium, but overall better than both of our previous stadiums. Signage gave the impression it was a football specific stadium. I'm glad I'm on the west side though. The sun looked pretty warm on the east side at about 5:30.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    43 Celsius over there, someone posted on Twitter.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    43 Celsius over there, someone posted on Twitter.
    Upper east was quite comfortable with no sun and nice breeze.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't blame the building for not working. I blame The Toronto Argonauts, I always have and always will. They came out of CNE and screwed things up right from the start. They didn't allow very long time primo season ticket seat holders from the CNE the first shot at equal seats at the dome. Plenty got pissed and bailed. Then they had no clue about advertising. Then they got left in the dust. If they did anything to get 30 to 40 thou in their for every game that place would have been a blast.

I hope BMO is what they need and it will work and improve where it needs to be improved.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't blame the building for not working. I blame The Toronto Argonauts, I always have and always will. They came out of CNE and screwed things up right from the start. They didn't allow very long time primo season ticket seat holders from the CNE the first shot at equal seats at the dome. Plenty got pissed and bailed. Then they had no clue about advertising. Then they got left in the dust. If they did anything to get 30 to 40 thou in their for every game that place would have been a blast.

I hope BMO is what they need and it will work and improve where it needs to be improved.
    The dome was a terrible building even when full. Was the atmosphere better when there were 45,000+ in attendance ? Of course it was, but that doesn't make it a good venue for football. Attend a game at Investors Group Field if you want to know what a real football venue is. BMO is comparable to TD Place and Tim Horton's Field, and those are miles ahead of the dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    BMO is comparable to TD Place and Tim Horton's Field, and those are miles ahead of the dome.
    BMO just by it's size has seats far closer to the action than most of Tim Horton's Field. The upper decks at THF are pretty high up there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    BMO just by it's size has seats far closer to the action than most of Tim Horton's Field. The upper decks at THF are pretty high up there.
    Well, the upper deck on the east side of BMO Field is VERY high up imo.
    I wouldn't buy tickets up there.
    West side seats are all good though.

For me, the only things that really need to be upgraded are the actual seats.
    Uncomfortable, no drink holder, and no armrests.
    Everything else is good/acceptable, and the sight lines are FAR superior to the dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Well, the upper deck on the east side of BMO Field is VERY high up imo.
    I wouldn't buy tickets up there.
    West side seats are all good though.

For me, the only things that really need to be upgraded are the actual seats.
    Uncomfortable, no drink holder, and no armrests.
    Everything else is good/acceptable, and the sight lines are FAR superior to the dome.
    The seats in the 100 Level are better than the seats in the 200 Level at BMO Field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yeah, the donut box seats are a bit farther away from the field, but still a good comparison. As mentioned by GreyDragon - BMO's East second deck is high up (which I like tbh), but overall has better sightlines and "closeness" than Tim Horton's. Still both great venues; along with TD place as well IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    The dome was a terrible building even when full. Was the atmosphere better when there were 45,000+ in attendance ? Of course it was, but that doesn't make it a good venue for football. Attend a game at Investors Group Field if you want to know what a real football venue is. BMO is comparable to TD Place and Tim Horton's Field, and those are miles ahead of the dome.
    This. The good atmosphere created by a large crowd does not change the fact that most seats are miles from the field, the entire lower bowl is too shallow a pitch, there is insufficient leg room in the 500 level, lack of concessions in 200 and 500, lack of good food options everywhere except around home plate, etc. SkyDome was a terrible place for football that occasionally overcome that fact by virtue of a large, loud crowd at an exciting, meaningful game. But it was still overall a terrible place for football.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7