Thread: BMO amenities

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level

BMO amenities

Today was my first football game ever. BMO was awesome. Loved the atmosphere. Didnt hurt that we won either lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    So glad I got my seat on the west side.
    The lower east stands looked HOT and the sun was in people's eyes.
    The upper east stands are just too high imo. I went over to 206 to try and find someone and I couldn't believe how far away from the field the view is.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    The upper east stands are just too high imo. I went over to 206 to try and find someone and I couldn't believe how far away from the field the view is.
    The lower east stands were pretty empty for that reason, however, I only consider that an excuse for this preseason game.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was in section 226....it looked like a good crowd to my right....those red seats could pose a problem for anyone who is large in stature. Really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    East side trades lowered height and distance from field for steepness...it's interesting. I got tix on the west side, but moved around to check out the east side...almost prefer it, but maybe because I wasn't as high.

It was ridiculously warm, funny that today (Sunday) and the previous 4 days before Saturday would've been much more conducive to football weather. I think June football is as ridiculous as June hockey, but it is the first pre-season game. Still love to see the season start in July giving every game much more importance and going back to a 16 game schedule, but it hasn't been that way for 30 years. I just think it would give the league and teams that much more time to hype up opening week with meaningful games starting after NHL and even NBA are done, let alone Euro 2016.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

BMO amenities

I thought yesterday was a fun atmosphere, but I do have some concerns with BMO field.

I could swear there was a public metal frame drinking fountain on the southwest corner of the concourse...could someone else second that. I didn't see it there yesterday, but i did see an outline where it may have been.

On a sweltering day, a city owned facility that hosts events for the thousands outside should have mandated drinking fountains that allow people to have access to one of the necessities of life...water for hydration.Yes, I know they sell bottled water...crappy refiltered tap water in DASANI, for $4.75,but we are talking water, not beer, pop or any other consumable product that it is not a necessity for survival and body functioning on a hot, humid day.

* The sinks had hot water coming out of them...really hot water that could burn your hands if left under it for more than 10 seconds, making it unhygienic to clean your hands...Are the water pipes not insulated to prevent the outside temperature from affecting the temperature of the water. What if it gets unusually cold during October with sub-zero temperatures in November...will the pipes be frozen and burst all over the stadium. These 2 points related to water are extremely important imo and should be addressed.

* As for the comfort and conveniance of fans, I'm shocked the concourses do not have any monitors or TV's so you could still follow the action on the field if you happen to be in a concession line. That is not world class, and I know that term gets thrown around in Toronto, but it's not even comfortable, compared to the standards of other CFL stadiums. Tim Horton's Field in Hamilton has monitors on the concourses, and McGill University's Molson Stadium in Montreal also has monitors. Is this really too much to ask for in a modern stadium that hosts pro sports in 2016. I certainly hope they don't remove them for Argos football and I know yesterday's game was not televised, but what about the regular season and TFC games. Are fans that loaded that they've never noticed these inconsistencies. I know that sport can get boring at times, but is it that boring that they don't even care.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 06-12-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Tim Hortons Field also has speakers that crash to the ground.

I've been to BMO Field a few times before but this is my first time since the renovations have been finished.

BMO Field Pros: (Compared to the Rogers Centre)

Better Sightlines / Closer to the field
    Outside Open Air
    GO Train Station is closer
    Louder
    Better variety of food
    More parking
    Tailgating
    Free admission to the CNE for August games

Cons:

Seats are flimsy and uncomfortable
    Beer prices are even higher than the Rogers Centre
    More difficult to get to if diving from North of the city
    Wind really swirls, nice when it's hot but won't be fun when cold
    No TV monitors
    Small Jumbotron
    No water fountains on 200 Level
    Concession prices seem to be even higher than the Rogers Centre
    No Subway access
    Less restaurants nearby and they are farther away
    Last edited by Neely2005; 06-13-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I thought yesterday was a fun atmosphere, but I do have some concerns with BMO field.

I could swear there was a public metal frame drinking fountain on the southwest corner of the concourse...could someone else second that. I didn't see it there yesterday, but i did see an outline where it may have been.

On a sweltering day, a city owned facility that hosts events for the thousands outside should have mandated drinking fountains that allow people to have access to one of the necessities of life...water for hydration.Yes, I know they sell bottled water...crappy refiltered tap water in DASANI, for $4.75,but we are talking water, not beer, pop or any other consumable product that it is not a necessity for survival and body functioning on a hot, humid day.

* The sinks had hot water coming out of them...really hot water that could burn your hands if left under it for more than 10 seconds, making it unhygienic to clean your hands...Are the water pipes not insulated to prevent the outside temperature from affecting the temperature of the water. What if it gets unusually cold during October with sub-zero temperatures in November...will the pipes be frozen and burst all over the stadium. These 2 points related to water are extremely important imo and should be addressed.

* As for the comfort and conveniance of fans, I'm shocked the concourses do not have any monitors or TV's so you could still follow the action on the field if you happen to be in a concession line. That is not world class, and I know that term gets thrown around in Toronto, but it's not even comfortable, compared to the standards of other CFL stadiums. Tim Horton's Field in Hamilton has monitors on the concourses, and McGill University's Molson Stadium in Montreal also has monitors. Is this really too much to ask for in a modern stadium that hosts pro sports in 2016. I certainly hope they don't remove them for Argos football and I know yesterday's game was not televised, but what about the regular season and TFC games. Are fans that loaded that they've never noticed these inconsistencies. I know that sport can get boring at times, but is it that boring that they don't even care.
    Also the washroom at the north corner of the east stands had no toilet seats or stall doors.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Skydome is the state-of-the-art facility. BMO is bare bones and was built for the hardcore soccer fan. Much like a facility in Europe, there are no TVs in the concourse. If the Argos want the outdoor experience, sacrifices must be made. Pretty sure THF doesn't have TVs in the concourse.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Also the washroom at the north corner of the east stands had no toilet seats or stall doors.
    Are you talking about the men's room in the North East corner ?
    The one I used had stall doors. I'm not sure about all of them having toilet seats though since I didn't looked into them lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Are you talking about the men's room in the North East corner ?
    The one I used had stall doors. I'm not sure about all of them having toilet seats though since I didn't looked into them lol.
    Right by the merchandise kiosk, Northeast Corner.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Bathrooms were quite clean imo...they also had plenty of stalls and urinals with no lineups so that's great, no problems on that end. THF does have monitors on the concourse. This is a fact, as I saw them while attending one of the Argo games there last fall.

Soccer stadiums in Europe are not bare bones, you must be thinking of the 70s and 80s. Most Div I stadiums are all state of the art and all seaters. Many were modernized after public inquiries, especially in England, after some of the incidences that occurred like the Bradford fire and and the overcrowding of the FA cup semi-final in Sheffield in 1989, let alone the Heysel incident in 1985. Many have closed circuit cameras for security teams let alone monitors for fans.

The no water fountains leaves a bad, let alone dry taste in my mouth...it's so friggin MLSE to actually remove drinking fountains. Not surprised by the overpriced concessions. If the Argos get none of this, then I'm glad I ate before and after the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post

* As for the comfort and conveniance of fans, I'm shocked the concourses do not have any monitors or TV's so you could still follow the action on the field if you happen to be in a concession line.
    1. According to a facility map I looked at on-site, there are three water fountains, at secs. 105, 111 and 114. I found and used the one at 105. None of them are close to my seats so it's slightly annoying but they do at least exist.

2. The bathroom I used (west side) had only cold water at end of the game. SkyDome never had anything but cold water so anything warm or hot is a surprise. But it definitely should not be scalding.

3. The large concession stand at north end of the west side does have at least one TV monitor. I agree more would be useful.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    .those red seats could pose a problem for anyone who is large in stature.
    Well. I'm 6'2" and nearly 270lbs, and I was quite comfortable in my seat. No complaints here.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Well. I'm 6'2" and nearly 270lbs, and I was quite comfortable in my seat. No complaints here.
    Yeah, but it sounds like you squished gillthethrill
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    built for the hardcore soccer fan. .
    So you're saying it was built only for people that want to brawl with fans of the opposition?

I loved the stadium. Had no issue with the seats, and the sightlines are fantastic. I don't concern myself with the food or beer, because I will not be buying it anyways.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Yeah, but it sounds like you squished gillthethrill
    He wasn't even in his own seat. He sat in a row all by himself. Sort of like he was "entitled".

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    That roof that kept the east side of the stadium in the shade for 85-90% of the game was definitely a PRO for BMO Field. The washrooms were clean and larger than I expected, although Mulder said someone had made a mess of one of the stalls later in the game (he won't claim responsibility ). I didn't buy anything from the concessions aside from a bottle of water, but frankly if you were expecting a significant difference in prices from Rogers Centre to BMO Field then you were dreaming.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Right by the merchandise kiosk, Northeast Corner.
    Oh okay; the lower level then.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    So you're saying it was built only for people that want to brawl with fans of the opposition?

I loved the stadium. Had no issue with the seats, and the sightlines are fantastic. I don't concern myself with the food or beer, because I will not be buying it anyways.
    I don't think there are any bad seats in the stadium.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions