Thread: BMO amenities

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    BMO just by it's size has seats far closer to the action than most of Tim Horton's Field. The upper decks at THF are pretty high up there.
    Yeah, the donut box seats are a bit farther away from the field, but still a good comparison. As mentioned by GreyDragon - BMO's East second deck is high up (which I like tbh), but overall has better sightlines and "closeness" than Tim Horton's. Still both great venues; along with TD place as well IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    43 Celsius over there, someone posted on Twitter.
    Upper east was quite comfortable with no sun and nice breeze.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    After years of CNE stadium and too many horrible weather games like Grey Cup 82 when I sat in pissing cold rain all game long I had no issues with the comfortable Skydome. Plus like I mentioned it wasn't all just about the actual game. It was the socializing before and after at many different bars/restaurants before and after all within a very close walk of the dome. Places like the old Dill Pickle, The Argo Store on Front, East Side Mario's and Badaili's. The area holds many great memories. If you just hit the game and left then then I could see you having issues with the dome. The only issues I ever had was the game security from day one they were always pricks.

Time for the new era to really get under way. Hope that casual fans give BMO a try.

Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    How many games are you planning to attend, argoholic?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Well, the upper deck on the east side of BMO Field is VERY high up imo.
    I wouldn't buy tickets up there.
    West side seats are all good though.

For me, the only things that really need to be upgraded are the actual seats.
    Uncomfortable, no drink holder, and no armrests.
    Everything else is good/acceptable, and the sight lines are FAR superior to the dome.
    The seats in the 100 Level are better than the seats in the 200 Level at BMO Field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    After years of CNE stadium and too many horrible weather games like Grey Cup 82 when I sat in pissing cold rain all game long I had no issues with the comfortable Skydome. Plus like I mentioned it wasn't all just about the actual game. It was the socializing before and after at many different bars/restaurants before and after all within a very close walk of the dome. Places like the old Dill Pickle, The Argo Store on Front, East Side Mario's and Badaili's. The area holds many great memories. If you just hit the game and left then then I could see you having issues with the dome. The only issues I ever had was the game security from day one they were always pricks.

Time for the new era to really get under way. Hope that casual fans give BMO a try.
    The Argonauts Tailgate will address the pregame socializing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    When the dome had people in it the atmosphere was second to none. Have you ever been at a game like the 100th Grey Cup?.
    Being an Argos fan, and 15 year season ticket holder, yes I was there. I agree it was an amazing atmosphere that game. A few playoff games had a good atmosphere, but as far as the dome having a good atmosphere in general, I cannot agree with that. Atmosphere I believe also entails the actual stadium itself...and a concrete coffin with horrific sight lines doesn't turn me on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Lying to myself? Really? I sat at the CNE during horrible, cold, pissing rain days and that wasn't fun. Rain would flow down the south stands and there was no way to avoid walking in inches of stink water. That wasn't fun. The booze part was ok but I'm past those smuggling booze in days.
    I can't comment on that being only 31 years old, and never experiencing that. I am not arguing the fact that you go a widdle wet sometimes, I am simply talking about the dome having zero atmosphere. And now with a roof, you don't have to worry about that, right?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Real nice dude!!!! Let me get one thing straight, I'm no SUCK and as a landscaper I don't fear the weather. You would have no clue about the weather that will hit BMO. We didn't need cover like the fans of today need.

I liked the dome! BMO is a step backwards and yes I will attend games at BMO because it is what it is and soon it will be a one team stadium when TFC folds up shop.

Obviously just another little smart ass on this F'd site. If it isn't Bone it's the next one in line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I liked the dome! BMO is a step backwards and yes I will attend games at BMO because it is what it is and soon it will be a one team stadium when TFC folds up shop.
    Aside from you liking the dome; how exactly is BMO field a step backwards if the dome clearly never worked for the Argonauts ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I think you have to attend a game at BMO Field before making a full judgement.
    I was never a fan of it, having attended the very first TFC home game and finding the stadium very cheaply built.
    But the improvements have been substantial since then.

While it does have some deficiencies still, I will say that the overall experience last Saturday was a pleasant surprise to this 11 year STH (and yes, I attended several Argo games at Exhibition Stadium in my youth). It really felt like one was at an Argonauts home game, not an Argonauts game played at someone else's stadium.
    I think you will be surprised at the overall experience.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    A step backwards because after Grey Cup in 82, The Toilet Bowl as it's commonly called now the city was all pumped about the dome. The dome could have and should have worked. No one talked about another mistake by the lake type of stadium until the media started going on and on about how bad the dome was. Then Rogers bought the joint and yes the rest is history.

I've never had issues with watching a game in comfort at the dome and then heading out to any number of places to continue enjoying the day.

BMO is now their stadium but it was always just so easy to not have to worry about weather. It got to be a pain in the arse at CNE. We didn't get seasons this year for many reasons but it would suck for us to haul gear to fall game from where we now live.

I hope everyone loves BMO but I'm not totally pumped about it. If I still lived in Port Credit my thoughts would be very different. Even soaking wet it was still very fast and easy to get home from CNE. Living hours away now has changed that.

I'm just saying, I for one have never hated the dome. That's it!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Having attended games at Varsity (as a kid) CNE and Skydome, I was very impressed with BMO on Saturday. Will I miss the protection of the game, players and fans during really inclement weather--of course but we had to move for several reasons --primarily two in my mind:
    1)Sight lines were not very good regardless of where one sat in the dome and 2) Rogers were obviously trying to make the Argo experience as painful as possible--I won't go into all the ways they did that, as others have outlined that many times on this site. BMO has great sightlines for every seat, the roofs should protect the fans unless it is a driving rain (if that occurs let's dress accordingly), the view of the lake is beautiful but most importantly, it is our stadium and we should have good schedules in the future.
    Let's enjoy BMO and all it provides---at least we won't be kicked out for a kid's Wiggles concert!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I would think the impact of inclement weather is reduced due to the North/South configuration compared to the old Ex.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Home opener looks pretty close to selling out. Funny enough it looks as though the East stands have sold more tickets than the West stands. The "family zone" seems to be struggling in the seats sold department.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Home opener looks pretty close to selling out. Funny enough it looks as though the East stands have sold more tickets than the West stands. The "family zone" seems to be struggling in the seats sold department.
    Apparently they don't release the top few rows of the East stands until close to the game. (Unless the lower rows are all sold out)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm just saying, I for one have never hated the dome. That's it!!!
    Same here. Though I have generally positive feelings about moving to BMO, there are things about the SkyDome I'll definitely miss.

Hopefully this works out long-term, but only time will tell.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    My thoughts exactly argolio. I can't wait to see the home opener on TSN and hear the comments.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    They just added a whole bunch of available seats for sale to the upper west side , you can be sure also, there are a ton of seats on the east side that are blocked off . It is going to be a challenge over the next week to sell all these seats, I hope they do but not sure it will happen .

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Unfortunately, this game doesn't look close to being sold out. A whole host of seats just became "available" on the upper deck of the west side.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022