Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Injury-prone Bear Woods, who was outstanding for the Als when he was able to play in 2014, will get a lot of playing time against the Argos.

He has torn his pectoral muscle and suffered hamstring and quadriceps injuries. He even tore the Lisfranc ligament in his foot, which could have ended his career — almost before it even began.
    And that’s only in four seasons. We don’t want to say Bear Woods is injury-prone, but. …
    “I can’t even answer that question. I might slip on the way to the locker room,” the Alouettes’ middle linebacker quipped following Tuesday’s training camp practice at Bishop’s University. “My injuries have been such freak deals, but I have to watch my step everywhere. Still, I don’t think about it.”
    After being a healthy scratch last week at Winnipeg, Woods should receive considerable playing time Friday night, when the Als conclude their exhibition schedule against the Toronto Argonauts at Molson Stadium. It will be the first game for Woods since July 3, when he suffered a season-ending torn pec in the second quarter of the second game, against Calgary.
    That, too, was a freak injury, sustained when he took a bad angle on a crossing route and attempted to chop the receiver down with his arm — a move he’s used successfully on several occasions. When Woods couldn’t pump his arm on the next play, he knew something had detached.
    Pity for the Als, who were eagerly looking forward to seeing what the dreadlocked linebacker had in store for an encore after his breakout campaign in 2014. Despite being limited to 12 games, Woods produced 89 tackles — second-highest in the Canadian Football League — along with seven sacks. He was the East Division nominee for most outstanding defensive player.
    Although Woods was one of many Montreal players whose contracts were restructured last winter, general manager and head coach Jim Popp never once wavered or contemplated whether to retain the 6-foot, 245-pounder.
    “I don’t worry about him,” Popp said. “We’ve stuck and stood behind him through his injuries. Each time, he has bounced back very strong. I expect the same thing will happen.
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...-for-alouettes

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Injury-prone Bear Woods, who was outstanding for the Als when he was able to play in 2014, [/url]
    Jerry, are you trying to start a fight with OV? He has mentioned many times that Woods is overrated.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Jerry, are you trying to start a fight with OV? He has mentioned many times that Woods is overrated.
    How much one values him depends to a significant extent on how much one values being relatively injury-free. I can see why some would not such an injury-prone player, even if he performs at a high level when available to play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    How much one values him depends to a significant extent on how much one values being relatively injury-free. I can see why some would not such an injury-prone player, even if he performs at a high level when available to play.
    LOL.. I was just ribbing you. Personally, I like Woods, and have had that argument with him before.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Woods is overrated.
    Truer words have ne'er been spoken.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7