Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Detroit Lions have invited University of Regina's Kahlen Branning, to whom the Bomber have the CFL, rights to their mini-camp.

The Moose Jaw native was a Canada West all-star in 2016, starting three games at halfback and four at cornerback while registering 11 solo tackles, 11 assisted tackles, and a team-leading six knockdowns. He also ran track for the University of Regina.
    Branning went undrafted in the 2016 CFL draft, despite putting up good numbers at both the Edmonton regional and national CFL combine. He attended an NFL regional combine in February of 2017 where he ran an 4.47 40-yard dash at just over six-feet and 181 pounds, which would have been the fastest time at this year’s CFL Combine. Adding a 4.26 shuttle time, 10-foot broad jump and 36.5-inch vertical leap.
    Winnipeg added Branning to their negotiation list shortly after that NFL regional, meaning the Bombers control his CFL rights.

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/01/sa...-with-detroit/
    Last edited by jerrym; 05-03-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Chicago Bears Hall of Fame NFL running back Bronko Nagurski was originally scouted on the Ontario side of the Manitoba/Ontario border in Rainy River. Ironically, his son played as an "American" OL for the Hamilton Tigers after graduating from Notre Dame.

Nagurski was discovered and signed by University of Minnesota head coach Clarence Spears, who drove to International Falls and arriving watched Nagurski out plowing a field. According to legend, Spears asked directions to the nearest town, and Bronko lifted his plow and used it to point in the direction of town. Spears admitted he concocted the story on his long drive back to the University of Minnesota.

That's the type of story Leo Cahill would have concocted given the opportunity.
    Last edited by 1971GreyCup; 05-04-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Although Andrew Harris was happy to return to his hometown last year, there was some adjustments that had to be made. Now he feels more comfrotable as his second season in Winnipeg approaches, especially after the major improvement in the team's performance last year.

Harris was excited about the prospect of playing for the CFL team he grew up watching. Harris also understood the pressure of trying to reverse the fortunes of a club that had missed the playoffs four straight years and hadn’t won a Grey Cup since 1990, just three years after he was born.
    It was a difficult homecoming when the Bombers staggered out of the gate 1-4. During that span Harris was held to under 30 yards rushing three times.
    “The season didn’t start out the way we wanted it to,” Harris said in a recent interview. “You always envision coming home and everything being great and going well. I knew there was going to be challenges. The team had a rough past.” ...

Harris played a pivotal role in Winnipeg’s success. He had 974 yards on 195 carries, and four touchdowns, to finish third in the league in rushing despite missing three games late in the year. The sure-handed back also had 631 receiving yards on 67 catches.
    Harris was one of several new faces on the Bombers’ roster last year and it took time for the group of players to become a team.
    “You come to a new locker room . . . you don’t understand how they work every day, you don’t know what kind of guys they are when things aren’t going well,” he said. “It’s a learning curve.”
    Harris had spent the first six years of his career with the BC Lions, a franchise used to success. He helped the Lions win the 2011 Grey Cup, where he was named the game’s outstanding Canadian, and was a three-time CFL All-Star.
    Now he found himself playing for a Bombers team that had 15 wins in the previous three years.
    “You have to be used to winning,” he said. “In the fourth quarter, when things aren’t going right, there’s a bone in your body that says ‘I’m not going to lose this game.’ You do whatever you need to do to win.
    “I think we didn’t really have that in the beginning as a team collectively. At the end of the season we found that switch.”
    Harris’ personal statistics improved as he became more comfortable with his teammates and offensive coordinator Paul LaPolice’s offence.
    “I started off kind of slow and picked up near the end of the season,” he said. “Understanding the schemes and also the trust part of it, knowing how your teammates play with you, is a big part of it.” ...

“There’s that killer instinct you have to have to close the game out,” said Harris. “It hurt and stung.
    “I know the whole locker room still feels that and we have a sour taste in our mouth. I’ve been talking to a lot of the guys this off-season. We just can’t wait to get going and start up where we left off.”
    While Harris had success on the field in 2016, he also enjoyed personal fulfillment in his community work. His teammates voted him winner of the Cal Murphy “Heart of a Legend” award, given to a player that demonstrates outstanding sportsmanship and dedication to the CFL and the community.
    The program Harris is proudest of is called Harris’ Heroes. It rewards youth groups for their community work with the chance to attend a Bombers’ home game.
    “We touched a lot of young kids last year,” said Harris. “To be able to go to a game with a bunch of friends or teammates, I think it was a great experience for them.”
    Helping financially strapped families strikes close to home for Harris.
    “I didn’t come from the best background as far as being financially stable,” he said. “I’m just trying to pay it forward and give people the opportunity to do things I might not have been able to do.
    “There’s always a moment in every kid’s life where they have someone they look up to reach out to them. It makes a big difference. I was able to look back and say I had moments like that. Now I want to be able to push it forward to deliver that to someone else.”
    His return to Winnipeg can’t be judged a total success until the Bombers win a Grey Cup. But so far, Harris, who turned 30 on April 24, has no regrets for the road he’s traveled.
    “It’s been a journey, lots of ups and downs,” he said. “I still feel great. The only thing I feel 30 is in my experience and my wisdom.
    “My body feels great right now. Age isn’t playing a factor in the physical side of things. I’m looking forward to this season and life after 30. I’m excited.”
    https://www.cfl.ca/2017/05/01/andrew...-blue-bombers/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It looks like the Bombers are planning to take University of Iowa DL Faith Ekakitie first overall as they have already started negotiating with him.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have started contract negotiations with University of Iowa defensive lineman Faith Ekakitie and, barring a trade, will take the 24-year-old with the No. 1 overall pick in Sunday’s CFL draft.
    Sources told Sportsnet that Winnipeg GM Kyle Walters has already begun talks with Ray Haija, Ekakitie’s agent, on an entry-level deal to avoid any issues after the draft. A year ago, the league’s top draft pick, offensive lineman Josiah St. John, sat out all of training camp and the opening game of the season, because of a contract dispute with Saskatchewan.

Ekakitie is originally from Brampton, Ont., and was a major part of the Iowa front the past two seasons and played in all 13 games last year as the Hawkeyes reached the Outback Bowl. He had four tackles – two for loss – in an upset win over then No. 3 Michigan in November, a decision that knocked the Wolverines out of the college football playoff.
    Listed at six-foot-three and 290 pounds, Ekakitie played all four years of his NCAA eligibility with the Hawkeyes after redshirting in 2012.
    Having Ekakitie in the Bombers’ defensive line rotation would provide more Canadian depth to a group that is heavy with national players. Jamaal Westerman remains the most impactful, coming off of an eight-sack season. Six-year vet Jake Thomas, out of Acadia, played 16 games last season, so too did Trent Corney, who Winnipeg drafted in 2016.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...ke-no-1-draft/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    One month after the Blue Bombers Fan Forum, they held Blue Bomber Fan Fest at Investors Group Field.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers fans kick off 2017 CFL season with annual Fan Fest

By Zahra Premji
    Reporter Global News

Fans had a chance to get autographs from some of their favourites at the annual fan fest at IGF Saturday.
    Mike Arsenault/Global News

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers invited fans to kick off the new season at Investors Group Field with the annual Fan Fest Saturday.

The free event was open to the public and gave fans a chance to take part in activities directly on the turf they watch their favourite CFL players on during the season.

Fans had the opportunity to meet some of the players and get autographs from athletes such as Matthias Goosen and Maurice Leggett, as well as alumni Joe Poplawski.

Anyone who attended also had the chance to meet Buzz and Boomer and the Blue Bomber Cheer and Dance Team.

Fans were also able to pick up their season tickets. If you didn’t make it out Saturday, tickets can also be picked up at the Pinnacle Club at Investors Group Field on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Monday and beyond at the Bomber Store during store hours.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bombers are looking at whether to draft Geoff Gray and, if so, when.

To Gray or not to Gray?

That is the question.
    Or better yet, it’s when to Gray?
    The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, like every CFL team, are trying to evaluate the risk of taking players in Sunday’s draft who have already signed deals with NFL teams.
    Manitoba Bisons offensive lineman Geoff Gray is one of those players, having signed a priority free agent deal with the Green Bay Packers last weekend.
    The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Winnipeg product is obviously attractive to the Bombers. It’s just a matter of how high of a pick they are willing to spend on a player who may be years away from coming to play here, if he ever comes at all.
    “Every team is interested in those guys,” Bombers general manager Kyle Walters said of Gray, Mississippi State offensive lineman Justin Senior, UCLA defensive lineman Eli Ankou and Laval tight end Anthony Auclair.
    “Everyone is just going to have to figure out where they fit into their draft board. You do your research and you figure out how long you think they’re going to be down there and at what point on your overall draft board it is worth the risk to say ‘We’re going to take them and if we don’t see them for one, two, three or four years that’s OK, we’re prepared to wait. And if we never see them was it worth the risk?’ Every team is going to have to answer those questions independently.”
    The Bombers have the first, sixth, 15th and 23rd picks in the draft and could use one of them to take a chance on one of those aforementioned players. Many Winnipeggers would like to see them at least get the rights to Gray.
    The hope would be a scenario like that of David Foucault, the offensive lineman from Montreal who was drafted fifth overall by the Alouettes in 2014, went to the NFL for three seasons, and his now back — albeit with the B.C. Lions.
    “Geoff Gray signed a priority free agent deal, he and his agent were able to sort through multiple offers, which means multiple teams were interested in him, his group was able to pick what he thought was the best fit for him and because of that he’ll go down there and get a fair opportunity to stick around that team,” Walters said. “I think what happens a lot, with players from CIS schools, I believe NFL teams look at them as sort of underdeveloped projects.
    “I don’t believe that you are just going to sign Geoff Gray and release him after a week saying he’s not very good. I believe the NFL looks at Geoff Gray and says ‘Let’s see what he looks like a year from now, two years from now.’”
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/05/0...-drafting-gray

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Kyle Walters talks about the draft.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ed Tait has a background article on Bomber second round draft choice Qadr Spooner and how football helped give him a focus in life.

“When I was younger, my mom really pushed me to the game,” began Spooner earlier this week in a conversation with bluebombers.com. “She wanted me to get exercise, and at the same time, stay away from the bad stuff.
    “We tried every sport… jiu-jitsu, karate, handball and then eventually she got me into football and I just connected with it. It allowed me to blow off some steam and a lot of anger. Football has meant everything to me since then.”

A quick peek at Spooner’s complete resume paints a picture of a dominant football player who has squeezed everything out his opportunity to play and go to school at the same time.
    The 6-4, 315-pounder started games at both guard and tackle for the McGill University Redmen in 2016, en route to being named a RESQ All-Star.
    Off the field, he has a human resources degree and has another semester to complete a degree in social work. He graduated from Vanier College (before McGill) in special care counselling and just completed his internships in gerontology. He also works with at-risk kids and has helped with children in the autism spectrum disorder. ...

“When I was younger, my mom really pushed me to the game,” began Spooner earlier this week in a conversation with bluebombers.com. “She wanted me to get exercise, and at the same time, stay away from the bad stuff.
    “We tried every sport… jiu-jitsu, karate, handball and then eventually she got me into football and I just connected with it. It allowed me to blow off some steam and a lot of anger. Football has meant everything to me since then.”

A quick peek at Spooner’s complete resume paints a picture of a dominant football player who has squeezed everything out his opportunity to play and go to school at the same time.
    The 6-4, 315-pounder started games at both guard and tackle for the McGill University Redmen in 2016, en route to being named a RESQ All-Star.
    Off the field, he has a human resources degree and has another semester to complete a degree in social work. He graduated from Vanier College (before McGill) in special care counselling and just completed his internships in gerontology. He also works with at-risk kids and has helped with children in the autism spectrum disorder.
    http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/05/1...-qadr-spooner/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here's a video of Bombers making their two first round choices as well as talking to them on the phone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Below is a video of the Bombers' #1 overall draft choice, Faith Ekakitie.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Bombers' third round pick, DB Abu Conteh, has come a long way both literally from Sierra Leone and figuratively where a eleven year civil war raged in order to be drafted by the Bombers.

It was 1998 and he was a three year-old living in Sierra Leone during the 11-year long civil war that wouldn’t end until 2002.
    The rest of this tale – the one that takes him from Sierra Leone to Ghana to Winnipeg to Minnesota to North Dakota to Louisiana and back to Manitoba – is what makes Conteh one of the most intriguing draft prospects in the 2017 Canadian Football League Draft and one of the most compelling figures entering Winnipeg Blue Bombers rookie camp later this month after the club selected him in the third round, 23rd overall, Sunday night.
    “I don’t remember much of what happened back in Sierra Leone,” began Conteh in a chat with bluebombers.com. “Most of what I know comes from what my people – my mom and my sisters and stuff – tell me.”
    “I wouldn’t say I was a rebel child, because I wasn’t holding up guns or anything like that. But I was missing from my mom for seven months during the war until the Red Cross rescued me.”

The Sierra Leone Civil War began in 1991 when the Revolutionary United Front attempted to overthrow the government, then led by President Joseph Saidu Momoh. The estimated casualties during the war were 50,000, while over two million people were displaced.
    “I can remember people running away,” said Conteh. “I can remember the rebels were coming and my mother and my dad were busy packing.
    “My dad told me to go wait outside while they hurry up and pack. My mom said there were gunshots. I just started running. I just ran and ran… I don’t know where, it was just where everybody else was running.”

It’s here where Conteh was separated from his family. He doesn’t remember when or where they stopped running, just that those he scattered with were hiding in bushes. “It was civil war,” he said. “I was just hiding out with somebody until the Red Cross came and rescued us. That was a hard time in our lives.” ...

Conteh’s story has many of the same themes as that of Faith Ekakitie the Bombers first-overall choice, who immigrated to Canada from Nigeria and fell in love first with basketball.
    In fact, Conteh didn’t really find the game of football until after first trying it at Kildonan East with the Reivers.
    “The coaches at Kildonan East wanted me to play football, but to be honest, I wasn’t really that interested,” Conteh admitted. “I had a brief moment right before I moved to the States, but I never stuck with it.”
    Conteh’s travels brought him next to Woodbury, Minnesota when his mother remarried (he has spoken to his biological father, who remains in Africa, a ‘handful of times’) but he never played football in his senior season.
    In fact, his re-introduction to the game, so to speak, came only after he was spotted in the weight room by then University of Minnesota defensive backs coach Jay Sawvell, who was in town to recruit a kicker.
    “He saw me working out in the weight room and was told I was a kid who had transferred but didn’t play football,” Conteh recalled. “He came over and gave me his business card. I called him later that night and he gave me an unofficial visit to Minnesota and told me they would be willing to have me come as a walk-on and that they would teach me the game before I could eventually get a scholarship.”
    Unfortunately, Conteh’s ACT scores weren’t high enough to get him to Minnesota and, through a Sawvell connection, ended up instead at the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D.
    Not only did Conteh’s pure athleticism help him start to learn and excel at the game, he was also a MCAC Academic Award winner in 2014-15 as a sophomore.
    It didn’t hurt, of course, that he was a 6-2, 205-pound defensive back who hit like a safety and had the cover skills to play cornerback. That led him from a tiny junior college in North Dakota to historic Grambling State in Louisiana. ...

“I grew up in Grambling,” he said. “I was away from family again and there were a lot of ups and downs.
    “My first year at Grambling everything just moved so fast and everything seemed so new. My first year at junior college I hardly played. But in the second year I was switched to corner and I ended up starting. When I got to Grambling… the game down south is faster. My head was on a swivel and it was a lot to take in and I was expected to take it in quickly. It was hard, but I’m glad it happened now. Now I know how to handle those kinds of situations.”
    Conteh had been on CFL teams’ radars for a while and began to really draw attention from the north at Grambling’s Pro Day in April and later when he attended a B.C. Lions free agent camp in Texas. ...

Asked to describe his road travelled – from fleeing his home war-torn country to Winnipeg and Kildonan East High School to three destinations in the U.S. and back to Manitoba – Conteh chuckled.
    “It’s been very adventurous,” he said. “That’s the word I would use, ‘adventurous.’ You know, I don’t really talk about what happened when I was young unless I am specifically asked about it. It’s nothing I dwell over, but of course it had a lot to do with who I am as a person. I don’t look on it as having affected me in a negative way at all.
    http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/05/0...le-abu-conteh/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Winnipeg has signed draftees DB Abu Conteh and WR Brendon Thera-Plamondon.

Conteh (6-2, 205, Grambling, October 2, 1995 in Winnipeg, MB) was selected in the third round, 23rd overall. He spent his final two collegiate seasons at Grambling. He recorded nine tackles in his senior season of 2016. Conteh is a Winnipeg native.
    Thera-Plamondon (6-2, 200, Calgary, December 29, 1994 in St. Albert, AB) was selected in the seventh round, 59th overall. He spent four seasons with the Dinos. He missed the bulk of 2016, but recorded four catches for 55 yards in his return. He also caught five catches for 50 yards and a touchdown in two conference playoff games.
    The club also announces National linebacker Garrett Waggoner has retired from professional football.
    http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/05/1...era-plamondon/

Last edited by jerrym; 05-17-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Chicago Bears Hall of Fame NFL running back Bronko Nagurski was originally scouted on the Ontario side of the Manitoba/Ontario border in Rainy River. Ironically, his son played as an "American" OL for the Hamilton Tigers after graduating from Notre Dame.

Nagurski was discovered and signed by University of Minnesota head coach Clarence Spears, who drove to International Falls and arriving watched Nagurski out plowing a field. According to legend, Spears asked directions to the nearest town, and Bronko lifted his plow and used it to point in the direction of town. Spears admitted he concocted the story on his long drive back to the University of Minnesota.

That's the type of story Leo Cahill would have concocted given the opportunity.
    Bronco Nagurski Jr. played as a Canadian for Hamilton. The rules were similar back then to now, as a player who had a Canadian parent could get his Canadian citizenship and play as a non-import. Bronko Jr. qualified because of his Dad. Hamilton really cleaned up on those type of players at that time. G Bill Danychuk, FB Gerry McDougal, DE Ron Ray, DB Ted Page, DB Billy Waite and then several players who became Canadians after 5 years living in Canada. Of they were a power house in those years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bombers have signed draft picks WR Tylor Henry and DL Ian Marouf.

Henry (5-10, 185, Alberta, April 25, 1993 in Camrose, AB) was selected in the eighth round, 68th overall. He led Alberta in receiving in 2016 with 43 receptions for 611 yards. He set a Canada West record with 19 receptions in week 7 against Manitoba.
    Marouf (6-2, 270, Guelph, March 28, 1992 in Fort Erie, ON) was selected in the sixth round, 50th overall. He played at Guelph before moving to the Hamilton Hurricanes. In 2015, Marouf recorded 25 tackles, three sacks, and one fumble recovery.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bomber's first overall draft choice, University of Iowa OL Faith Ekakitie, has agreed to a contract guaranteeing him $88,000 ($10,000 more than last year's first overall choice, the Rider's Josiah St. John) in his first season plus bonuses.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers made the University of Iowa defensive tackle the top pick in the 2017 CFL Draft on May 7 and promptly signed him to a three-year contract. This season he’ll receive a $23,000 signing bonus, $53,000 in base salary and a $12,000 housing allowance. There’s also $13,500 available in playtime bonuses and standard all-star and outstanding player incentives which could push his total compensation to more than $100,000.
    In 2018, Ekakitie’s base salary jumps to $62,000, with Feb. 15 roster bonus of $13,000, a $10,000 bonus for reporting to training camp and passing his physical, another $12,000 in housing and $18,000 in potential playtime money available. 2019 includes $70,000 base, $27,000 in possible playtime cash and similar roster bonus, report and pass and housing amounts.
    http://3downnation.com/2017/05/16/fi...healthy-raise/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Kevin Bourgoin is the Bombers new RB coach.

Bourgoin takes over from Avon Cobourne, who left after just one season in the job.
    Bourgoin joins the Bombers after one year at Colby College, a small college in Maine, where he was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
    Before that he was the associate head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Maine for nine years, part of a 16-year run at that school.
    Bourgoin was also a receivers coach at Brown University for five seasons.
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/05/1...-pair-of-picks

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here's a list of Winnipeg draft picks with red stars indicating that they have already signed with the Bombers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ed Tait reviews its ST team players as the Bombers get ready for TC, with a close look at former Argo Justin Medlock who set a CFL record with 60 FGs last year.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/05/1...w-specialists/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Winnipeg's most recently signed QBs are going to have to learn quickly if they are going to make the team.

So where, exactly, do recent signings Malcolm Bell from North Carolina Central University and Austin Apodaca from the University of New Mexico fit in?
    Only one of them is likely going to spend the season on the roster as the Bombers fourth quarterback, so even that promises to be a hard-fought-for position in 2017.
    “All I’ve been told is I’ve got to learn the playbook really fast and I have to go out and shine,” Bell says. “I’ve got to go out and perform at rookie camp and be the fourth guy.”
    The Bombers three-day rookie camp starts Wednesday and there will be five under-contract quarterbacks on the field. The pre-main camp practice time will be far more important to Bell and Apodaca than any of the other pivots.
    Bell already looks at this as a second chance with the Bombers.
    He was offered a contract by the team in late April, along with an invitation to the team’s mini-camp, but he rejected it in hopes of landing an NFL deal.
    Despite going through two pro days and a quarterback showcase in front of all 32 NFL teams, Bell was not drafted, nor signed to a free agent deal.
    He spent the next two weeks hoping the Bombers were still interested and finally got the call on May 16. ...

Apodaca, 23, is 6-foot-3, 212 pounds and more of a pure pocket passer. He was under-utilized in the run-happy New Mexico offence, throwing for 1,377 yards over two seasons, but is said to have a strong arm and a gunslinger mentality.
    On the other hand, Bell started out as a runner who evolved into one of the top throwers in NCCU history.
    “I can do it all,” Bell says. “That’s kind of a broad statement but when my team needs me to sit back and pass, I’m a pretty accurate passer and I can throw the ball with touch and velocity, whatever is needed. Early in my college career I was more of a runner, so a lot of people will say ‘He’s a scramble-first guy,’ but over the years I proved everybody wrong. If I have to run, I will. I’m a pretty good runner but at the same time I can pass with the best of them so put all that together and you have me.”
    If that sounds like a lot of other CFL quarterbacks, it should.
    There’s one CFL quarterback in particular that Bell compares himself to — Darian Durant, who went to the University of North Carolina just down the road from Bell in Chapel Hill.
    “I have been watching him,” Bell says. “Him being from UNC and North Carolina, 15 minutes away from my school, you hear his name. He’s 5-foot-11, a shorter guy, he’s been really successful, a legendary quarterback in the CFL
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/05/2...to-the-backups

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    John Hodge looks at five TC battles in Winnipeg at MLB, NT, DB, WR and backup QB below.

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/24/fi...nipeg-tidbits/