Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    The Bombers gained Andrew Harris and Keith Shologan as NI starters = other NI starters can become expendable - . i'd guess Hurl will no longer start at MLB for them; a CFL team does not want more than 8 NI starters. Bucknor was also a vet and a starter - meaning more than CFL minimum pay against the $M$ - I'd guess that was a factor too.

Bucknor may have been weak at times, - a lot of DBs get burned in an all passing league - but he was still better than a lot of other CFL starters - like Mitchell White of the Als (talk about terrible at corner), or Awansah or half the stiffs the Riders trotted out in their D-backfield last year.
    While it's well known that I'm not a fan of Ansah; I completely disagree that Bucknor is better than Ansah or even Mitchell White for that matter. Bucknor was playing and starting in this league for one reason and one reason only - his passport.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    While it's well known that I'm not a fan of Ansah; I completely disagree that Bucknor is better than Ansah or even Mitchell White for that matter. Bucknor was playing and starting in this league for one reason and one reason only - his passport.
    Hey - differing opinions are ok/good.

The only reason a stiff like White gets to play for the Als is his "passport" - he gets all kinds of playing time opportunity to show he is mediocre to useless, but Als draft pick - former CIS all-star corner Andrew Lue - has got pretty well zero playing time opportunity to see if he could be an upgrade, because he is Canadian, and they already have their 7 only need apply NI starters elsewhere. Matt Black has never been given full-time opportunity to play corner in the CFL either so we could see Ansah types instead.