Nic Demski and Kienan Lafrance comment on signing with the Bombers in the following article with videos of each player's comments.

“This felt like a no-brainer place to go,” said Demski. “About five minutes before (LaFrance) signed, he sent me a message with a couple of emojis and I thought, ‘OK, this guy is about to sign in the same place. I can’t get rid of the guy.’ We’re here.
“I was looking for the best opportunity for me. It was never in the plan to just sign in Winnipeg immediately after my contract was done. It was just the best opportunity and the best fit for me.
“Honestly (the decision) wasn’t even about coming home. It was about what kind of offence it is and I think my skillset is going to be great in this offence. They like my versatility and with a guy like Matt Nichols throwing you the ball and having weapons around you, a lot of stuff is going to open up. Coming home just adds to the effect.”
LaFrance also downplayed the coming-home angle on Wednesday, although clearly it was a factor in his decision to sign with the Bombers. ...
“I was looking at the best fit for myself and the opportunity for the next few years,” he said. “I thought that Winnipeg presented that. There were definitely some (other) options out there. I always felt that I brought more to the table than just playing running back. Hopefully we can explore those talents. I bring special teams to the table, good solid back-up Canadian if that’s the case and catching the ball out of the backfield… that’s all something I’m going to work towards.”
https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/02/...nce-back-home/